Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Does God give anyone a chance to believe after death?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 pm
This week's reading: Luke 16:19-31

The unrepeatable reality of physical death leads directly to reaping what we sowed in this world. Jesus taught that in this parable of the rich man and Lazarus as well as when he spoke of dying in one's sins as something dreadful (see Jn 8:21-23). Similarly, Paul taught that on judgment day, all will receive a destiny corresponding to their works [see Ro 2:5-16; 2Co 5:10 ; Gal 6:7-8]. New Testament teaching is unified in viewing the dead and final judgment this way.

Scripture says nothing of God's grace triggering postmortem conversions. Thus we may infer that an unbeliever's lack of desire for Christ before the grave remains unchanged after the grave. God's offer of salvation does not appear to extend beyond death.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:13 pm
Hello, Garland. May you and yours truly be blessed in the Lord.
Very good topic. And a question that I get asked frequently. This I agree with.

Quote:
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. 10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 22

This life is for our decisions. After Judgement, it is done. lol
God bless,

Anon. Mosh  

Anonymous Mosh

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:13 am
Anonymous Mosh

Quote:
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. 10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 22

God bless,

Anon. Mosh
God bless you and yours too! All for the glory of God.
Amen. Only one life, but tones of chances this life to turn around and believe.
How are you?

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:34 am
Garland-Green
Anonymous Mosh

Quote:

Revelation 22

God bless,

Anon. Mosh
God bless you and yours too! All for the glory of God.
Amen. Only one life, but tones of chances this life to turn around and believe.
How are you?

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

But He'll welcome us just the same, if we want Him to. lol

Quote:
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Revelation 3:20

And the Bible is just so quotable:

Quote:
And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Acts 10:42

A little better all the time. And blessed. Thank you.

Guess we'd better make sure we're right with the Lord. (Mark 13:35-37) Judgement comes in His time only. That could be in the next ten minutes, or after we've passed the century mark (Revelation 3:3). lol Who knows.
This is kinda fun, in a droll sort of way. We should make a thread for this.  

Anonymous Mosh

x-iAugustine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:03 am
Garland-Green
This week's reading: Luke 16:19-31

The unrepeatable reality of physical death leads directly to reaping what we sowed in this world. Jesus taught that in this parable of the rich man and Lazarus as well as when he spoke of dying in one's sins as something dreadful (see Jn 8:21-23). Similarly, Paul taught that on judgment day, all will receive a destiny corresponding to their works [see Ro 2:5-16; 2Co 5:10 ; Gal 6:7-8]. New Testament teaching is unified in viewing the dead and final judgment this way.

Scripture says nothing of God's grace triggering postmortem conversions. Thus we may infer that an unbeliever's lack of desire for Christ before the grave remains unchanged after the grave. God's offer of salvation does not appear to extend beyond death.
yes and God also wants us to get saved before we die because if were not saved and we dont have christ in our life then those people go to hell.its a scary thought.it also says some where in the the book of revelations that the dead will get there chance to prove themsevles to God but all of the dead will be judged guilty  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 pm
Here is an important verse that we should all remember:

Ephesians 2:8 - 10 NIV:

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

*We are indeed saved by God's grace and Salvation is a gift we can choose to accept or deny. However, by works alone, we are nothing. We need to have faith in God, believe in Him, and fulfill his commandments to the absolute best of our ability with help through God. I don't believe good works alone are going to cut it and we won't be judged on our works only. Also, if you do good works that should be done in private such as stated in possibly the book of Matthew and looked for praise only from others then that is our reward. Therefore, we did not store any of those treasures in Heaven, but gained only a reward in the physical world by looking for the praise of man. It also mentions that God had created us to do good works so we were already created to do good works before we were born.

James 2:14 - 26 NKJV:

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

*We are also nothing without works. We need faith and works. Not one or the other. It's a very important thing to remember and sometimes as people we forget. We forget sometimes that we go for man's praise instead of storing our treasures in Heaven.

Matthew 7:21-23:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

*This is an important verse to remember because just because we do good works doesn't mean anything unless we have faith and believe in Him.

So, with the topic of Salvation after death. I'm not sure if I can say for sure since there's no proof. I've never met anyone who came back to life to tell the story about how God exactly judges you. So I can't say for sure, but one day, I'd love to ask Him. However, I believe in last minute Salvation. For example, if a murderer killed people and then one day learned about Jesus Christ and dedicated their life to him and later got killed by who they may have worked for because of their faith and said that they believed in Jesus Christ. I honestly believe that they would go to Heaven because they did one of the most brave things and honorable things of all - dying for God. Or if people are on their death bed and decide that they need God and Jesus in their life. There may not exactly be proof of that, but I believe that it is possible.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items