Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Fighting dirty is still fighting fairly (Roch/Edel) C. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:41 am
So the day finally came. Edel was done with her promotional exam and was left with mixed feelings. She was happy that she passed, though barely, but the celebrations were a little less cheerful considering Moure's very unfortunate failure. Nonetheless, the frost demon was now a Knob. It was time to cash in that promise with a particular punk reaper.

A note arrived at Roch's door a few days later, before the play.

Quote:

Dear Roch,

Thank you for your luck, it worked like a charm and I managed to scrape a pass for the examination. I hope you are still up for that sparring practice we discussed earlier this week, would this Frightday, 2:00pm at the gym be a suitable time for you?

As for the music for the play, I've been practicing it daily, not to worry. I also happened to run into the Rikki you mentioned on one of those days too and had a short practice together. We have come to a consensus that the music for the play is absolutely wicked.

See you there!

Sincerely,
Edel

As for how Dingo found Roch's room and slipped the note under the door, well, lets just say he's smelt enough of the reaper from curling up in that coat she lent him previously.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:44 am
Roch looked down at the letter that Frightday, wondering if he should have called the ghoul. But if she forgot he'd be pretty happy, he thought with a sigh as he stepped into the gym. He really didn't want to do this. "Edel? I'm here!" he called as he got into the room. "You not? That's fine, I can go now," he said, starting to turn towards the door again.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Zyphiris rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-16)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:45 am
((Predecided that she gets the first attack))

Hold it!” came a voice from within the gym, not too far from the door. The frost demon was there alright, waiting too. She would never be late for an appointment she made, much less an important one such as this. There were some other things other than a lesson on how to battle that the ghoul wanted out of that spar.

I'm sorry, I meant, Hi Roch!” Edel greeted the reaper with a weak smile. She had to do something to stop him from leaving.

A short barricade of ice was cast in front of the door and the ghoul hurled an icicle or two in Roch's direction. She hadn't meant for them to hit per say, but more of to show that she was srs bzn about this. But the attack did hit. Edel was feeling guilty about attacking Roch with his back turned but... she probably shouldn't apologise. She wouldn't if she were serious.

S-Shall we begin?” she fake-taunted, hoping that the boil would bite the bait.
User Image

Hp: 40/40
Damage: 3

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:58 am
Roch groaned, shivering slightly as the ice hit him. Well, there went that plan, he thought with a sigh as he turned to the ghoul. "Fine," he said, summoning his guitar. "Let's get it over with." Oh yes, he was so enthusiastic about this. "When attacking from behind, don't be surprised if people--"

He disappeared, leaving a poof of smoke behind him. Before she saw him the body of his guitar hit her in the back. "Retaliate," he finished.

Roch's HP: 37/40
Damage Done: 5  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:00 am

Bite the bait did he. The ghoul stumbled forward a few steps, completely blindsided by what the reaper just did. Oh she did know what he did alright, disappear in a puff of smoke and reappear right behind her. How did he-

Snap out of it, get serious now, she told herself, keeping the “ouch” silent as she rubbed her back and turned to face the punk reaper. Edel scrunched up her face and concentrated her fear into another ice dagger, sending it whizzing at him.

No complaints, just fight.
User Image

Hp: 35/40

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:19 am
Those icicles were a pain in the a**, man. And she had a good aim. But they were more of an irritant than anything else. "Can you form one LARGE one instead of a ton of tiny ones?" he asked.

He swung his guitar, barely hitting her arm with it. But hopefully it would screw up her aim.

Roch's HP: 34/40
Damage Done: 1  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:20 am

A... bigger one? Edel was stunned. “S-Sure, I mean,” she concentrated her efforts into making a larger icicle while nervously looking at him.

It was big alright. Too big to throw.

A very embarrassed look flashed across her face as she chucked the thing in Roch's direction, only to have it land one foot away. Edel's face was BURNING right now.

Forming another of those typical icicles, she threw it at Roch, the batting of his guitar on her arm skewing her aim by just a little. Now, now, she didn't have to comply did she?

User Image

Hp: 34/40

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:33 am
Roch blinked. "Oh, yeah, could see where that'd be a problem," he admitted. He dodged in, hitting her in the side. "Then you'll just have to get closer with the bigger ones. Slam it in hard. You've got something that can be used for both distance and close fighting, y'know?"

Roch's HP: 31/40
Damage Done: 4  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Zyphiris rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:36 am

Edel grimaced as the guitar slammed against her side. The ghoul took a step to the side, heaved a breath and formed an ice club, swinging it into his side to return the favour.

Well I – don't quite like fighting in close range,” she explained, “if possible.” But real battles didn't have options, so she'd have to suck it up.

She blinked at Roch, remembering something. “I used an ice sword on one of those hunters before. Brought him down with it, though it was more of a group effort.” argh, she was recalling that incident again.

She didn't continue to say that that happened before their group got captured. Though the nonchalant way she said it may have clued him in onto something.
User Image

Hp: 31/40
Damage: 4

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 am
Roch grinned. "That's a good idea. With ice you've got a lot of freedom, right? Swords, shields, I bet you can make all sorts of stuff out of it." Then he twisted, spinning with the guitar held by the neck, and slamming it into her side.

Jack, he'd forgotten he was fighting a ghoul...

Roch's HP: 28
Damage: 7  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Zyphiris rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-16)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 am

WHAM.

Roch really didn't hold back on that one, and Edel couldn't help but stagger away, coughing while doubling over. That really, really hurt. The frost demon however, wasn't about to give up.

Edel looked up at Roch and held her hand out to signal to give her some time, and also that he needn't feel sorry for that.

Yes, I guess I could, but somehow I'm not all too creative whilst in battle.” Edel paused to stare at Roch for a moment, thinking.

Aren't you damaging her like this, Desiree?” The ghoul couldn't quite imagine herself using her violin to clobber at someone.
User Image

Hp: 24/40
Damage: 0

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:01 am
"Desiree isn't really a guitar," he told her, bringing up the guitar to show her the perfect edge it still kept. "She's a scythe. She's my FEAR. As long as my FEAR is strong, she can't be broken. If she does get broken, she'll be fine again as soon as my FEAR is fine again, see?"

Then he gave her an evil grin. "But don't tell Johnny Danger that, I want to see the jacker slam his pretty imitation of an axe at a wall sometime."

Then he smacked her in the back with Desiree. "Don't get distracted in a fight, Edel. Remember what we're training for.

Roch's HP: 28
Damage: 4  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Zyphiris rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-16)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:04 am

Tactic Distraction : Averted.

The frost demon made a face as she got whacked in the back again and quickly spun around, using her foot as a pivot.

You don't have to tell me that Roch,” she replied a little deviously, revealing a set of five blades she formed whilst bending down. All of them were sent flying at the reaper and the frost demon took the chance to hop a few paces back.
User Image

Hp: 20/40
Damage: 5

Ice Queen rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:14 am
He laughed even as he was hit. "Good one!" he praised her. "Sneaky, I like it!" He had the most trouble with long range fighters, so this was going to get interesting!

Had it been three minutes yet? No, not quite. Ah well. He took a swing, missing.

Roch's HP: 23

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Zyphiris rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-16)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:16 am

The frost demon grinned back at the reaper, hurling another blade at him after he missed. The ice blade went wide this time though the ghoul probably knew why. For what it's worth, she was a mid ranged fighter. The distance she had created, while a form of defense against Roch's close combat, also lowered her chances of hitting the target.

Aye, this was tricky.
User Image

Hp: 20/40

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items