Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Why Do God’s Children Suffer?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:17 pm
Why Do God’s Children Suffer?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:54 am
we suffer because sometimes God wants us to get closer to him most people only go to God during the hard times.we as christains should go to God every day instead of just the hard times  

x-iAugustine

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:45 pm
x-iAugustine
we suffer because sometimes God wants us to get closer to him most people only go to God during the hard times.we as christains should go to God every day instead of just the hard times

That is true. Also, some time the reason is just that we live in a fallen world, because we know that God is not the source of evil. You are right. We should seek him out everyday.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:37 pm
Also, because we are God's children, we will be persecuted because they persecuted Jesus. However, we should also be thanking God whenever we suffer persecution and rejoice in it because we are who we are and we are not of this world. Persecution also makes us stronger and will help us grow if we will allow it and keep believing. After persecution, no matter what type it may be can bring us closer to God.

Here are some awesome verses concerning the topic that stick out to me:

Romans 12:2 KJV:

And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

John 15:18 - 20 NIV:

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.

Matthew 5:10 - 12 NIV:

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

2 Corinthians 4:8 - 11 NIV:

We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

2 Corinthians 12:10 NIV:

For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Peter 4:16 NIV:

Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items