Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  <3
View Results

Vitamin Crack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:03 pm
So what I've noticed watching various people play Skyrim is that everyone plays slightly differently. Not in the sense that we've all got different character builds but more along the lines of how we approach the game.

I hoard quite a bit. I have to keep unique items in my house. I will never disenchant unique items, even if I could use that enchantment to make a better weapon.
I observed my boyfriend's brother playing and he's an even bigger hoarder. He keeps one of every type of item in the game. And he keeps it all in one chest (delphine's chest lol).
My boyfriend doesn't hoard and has no qualms about selling unique items

Other stuff that's quite different is how much we travel through the game world. I try to stick to paths, and I'm easily distracted by any nearby discoverable place.
My boyfriend however beelines for a quest marker, only occasionally deviating to get around a mountain. He ignores any discoverable places apart from quest locations.

Oh and I remember at the beginning of the game harvesting absolutely everything. Plants. Vegetables. Food. Whatever. Massive hoarder. I've stopped doing that now.

Also I read through every single dialogue option with every single NPC. I don't like missing any details. I get to the point where every time I'm in a town, it takes me forever because I talk to everyone even if I've talked to them before. Boyfriend just looks for important dialogue options with important NPCs.

So, how do you play?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:28 pm
I sneak past people and pick pocket them just to see if I can, even if they don't have a useful item.
I also will put the useless item back.

I refuse to have a companion with me since I accidentally killed my Lydia and found out how obnoxious it is to sneak with someone clanking near you.

I'll explore pretty much everywhere, purposely leaving roads on the way to quests to cut across fields and find cool things.

Also I won't take anything worth less than 500 gold at this point, I have far too much money to begin with.

Oh, and I am determined to be head of every organization and thane of everywhere.

I'm level 43 and just now got the last part of Fus Ro Dah  

Felin Greenleaf

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 pm
Also I feel like I'm the only one that liked Cicero.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:10 am
Felin Greenleaf
Also I feel like I'm the only one that liked Cicero.

No, you're not. I actually kept him alive when I did that questline.

The Reverend Menagerie

O.G. Codger

Vitamin Crack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 pm
I was torn whether to keep him alive or not. In the end I decided I liked his clothes more and killed him to loot him.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:27 pm
I haven't started any of the guilds yet. I did just get the bard college one though. Gonna check that out.

I play stealth, pretty much for everything. I don't grab anything under 1,000 gold except potions. My house is full of alchemic ingredients that I haven't used cause I hate making potions.

I steal whatever I really want, but for the most part leave everything be. I'll pickpocket someone usually only if I'm curious.

My only weapons are my dual daggers, and bow. I stealth kill just about everything. If not, summon an atronach and ******** up.

I think my favorite way to play is to just pick a direction, and go. Complete whatever quest I happen upon, and then choose another direction. I love being able to do that. I never take the path to a place. I always hop around on mountains and s**t. I've managed to climb a lot of'em.

Companions suck for the same reason Felin said.

I am really lazy so I tend to not sell anything cause I hate actively seeking out merchants with gold. It's just irritating. So my home is full of s**t.

If I ever get really irritated with someone, I quicksave and kill it. I one time quicksaved and killed everyone in Morthal.

I think my favorite moment was when you first discover you're the Dragonborn, and you go to the Jarl of Whiterun. Then his right-hand man or whatever (The bald guy) goes "He's probably not it's not like he can prove it".

... I think it was a "You had to be there moments" cause I was with Mike. And Mike knows me, so it was like

Guy: NOT DRAGONBORN BLAH BLAH
Me: neutral
Mike: Oh lord, here we go emotion_facepalm
Me: neutral neutral neutral
Mike: Scott? Don't do it Scott. *Talking while playing Monster Hunter behind me*
Me: But Mike, he said things. neutral
Mike: Lots of people will say things in this game, Scott. emotion_eyebrow
Scott: emotion_donotwant

... Then I did Fus. It didn't end well.  

Great Scoot

The Reverend Menagerie

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:17 pm

I actually alter my play style per the character I build. If I want stealth, then I use a bow and sneak constantly. If I want to tank, then it's a battleaxe and heavy armor.

Right now, I'm actually wandering through the Imperial questline as a pure mage, with dragonscale armor that makes my destruction spells cost zero. Blowing people up from hidden places never gets old.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:29 pm
I'm now playing a no-fast travel conjurer-archer who dabbles in thievery.

Basically it involves hours and hours of exploration just to do simple fetch quests for the Thieves Guild.  

Vitamin Crack

Zett

Partying Wolf

2,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:57 pm
I started a Khajiit that had a double life. Good guy till you got on his bad side. Basic thief.

Then I accidentally erased him with my Orc. Heavy Armor and 2 Handed Swords AND DOESN'T GIVE A ********. Playing him stupid. BRUTE FORCE EVERYTHING.

Restarted my Khajiit. First thing I did was start the Dark Brotherhood quests and nothing else. I've got 100 sneak on him but I'm playing heal/sword and bow until I get better smith/enchants for better light armor and weapons. Double dagger get's me killed cause at level 18 at the beginning of the game with close to nothing is hard. THANKS LEVEL SCALING.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:58 pm
Also my second Khajiit doesn't fast travel thanks to the super horse I got from the Dark Brotherhood.  

Zett

Partying Wolf

2,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nerd 50

The Reverend Menagerie

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:16 am

I actually dislike horses in Skyrim. My character keeps losing them thanks to dragons.

Entech

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games