Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How old were you when you knew you were Different? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Ravenscroft

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:02 pm
how old were you, and how did u come to realise that you were Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Or trans-gendered, or anything else.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:13 pm
I knew I wasn't straight when I was about 15, but knew something was different before then. I just didn't know what it was.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Lustful Memoir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:17 pm
After my father stopped abusing me at 10...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:36 pm
Your Dream Fan Fiction

I'm So sorry, you have my sincere Apologies  

Lady Ravenscroft

Lustful Memoir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:38 pm
Rose Calvert
Your Dream Fan Fiction

It's alright. I've lerned to live with my past so it doesn't bother me when I have to talk about it now smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:40 pm
Your Dream Fan Fiction
Rose Calvert
Your Dream Fan Fiction

It's alright. I've lerned to live with my past so it doesn't bother me when I have to talk about it now smile

ok smile  

Lady Ravenscroft

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:58 pm
Well, when I was probably around 7 or maybe even younger, it dawned on me: can girls marry girls? can boys marry boys? If girls can marry girls, I might marry a girl. Or a boy; whatever makes me happiest.I never bothered to ask that question because I thought people would laugh, because in the movies I'd seen guy-on-guy kissing was done for comedic effect. Then when I was around 10, I learned boys CAN marry boys and girls CAN marry girls. But then I got confused because I liked boys and girls, and I wasn't aware of a category that qualified for people in my situation until I was around 12, when a puberty book explained the concept of bisexuality to me, and I sort of figured things out from there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:35 pm
The youngest I remember thinking about it was around 5. It started as knowing something was simply different with me than other people I knew.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:22 am
I guess I actually realized I was different when I was 12. However, when I was in my elementary school years I never really had any friends that were girls. I spent most of my time with boys, talking about Code Lyoko, or Power Rangers. I wore hand-me-downs from my brother and I liked those clothes, they were comfortable and I could play in the dirt without having to worry about ruining the clothes. I knew I was different from other girls because they all talked about frilly things and I was more interested in what guys were doing. So I guess around six or seven was when I realized that there was something "off" about me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:44 am
I don't remember a time where I didn't know I liked men. I came out when I was 11. >_>  

Scarlet Weather Rose

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kara_99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:24 am
Something ALWAYS felt off (I felt like crying in 5th grade when we had our first sex ed class and they told me what was going to happen to my body and I didn't know why it sounded so wrong at the time), but I didn't know I was transgender until 15.

And after thinking I was a lesbian from that point on, I didn't figure out til this past August, when I was 30, that I was bi.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:07 pm
My sexuality never really came up as I never really dated anyone. Sure I found all sorts of people attractive despite their gender and found it to be natural but I never acted on those feelings or connected with many people.

Though people always thought I was weird or different as far as I could remember, even if I never did get why or disagreed. Maybe they can tell something that I myself never really noticed or thought about?

I never seen clothing style or wearing men shirts or shoes an issue or saying that I thought a girl was beautiful or a guy was handsome a problem. I played with barbies dolls as well as with my microscope and did experiments and collected iron out sand (as well as played with the sand bees) when I was little and with dinosaur toys, etc....so I guess I don't notice anything. Dinosaurs was actually my obsession as kid. I just went with what felt natural to me or appealed to me. Crossing/crossing playing never bothered me, I never really felt that I wanted or had to be boy or girl.

But unfortunately I was the target of bullies while growing up, even if I never saw why they would bully me. I usually kept to myself and never really bothered people and would talk to anyone if they came up to me. I ways hard more problem with girls for some reason, they were the ones that harassed me the most, started rumors and wanted to fight. I thought it was kind of odd.

I really don't know to be honest. Sexuality and all that never really I thought about too much until the past few years when people started saying I should look,dress or act a certain way or should of dated by now and many people my age are starting to get married or even having families, I was really too busy focusing on my health issues and trying to fight the healthcare system so I never really had time to question or explore like others did earlier on as dating in general was put on a back burner and didn't really go to on campus schools to meet people, mostly took online courses.

Last year was the first time in years that I actually felt good enough to take different classes in person and try new places and do things. It was also when I finally got my diagnosis and what I could do about it and head towards the right direct health wise. I learning new things about myself more and more the past year.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Soul Love-chama

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:38 pm
I'm 16 and I'm almost positive that I'm pansexual. I don't care who I date as long as they have feelings for me as well. I've attempted to come out to my mom many times, but she refuses to accept that I'm possibly pansexual. She tells me I'm straight and she wants grandchildren, so I absolutely have to marry a dude. What if I want to kiss a girl? What if I do? Do I have to keep that a secret from her? Going to a simple parade freaks her out. I literally can't do anything to convince her that I'm not straight like she thinks.

But yeah, pansexual. Whoop-de-do.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:28 pm
I knew I was diffirent when I was about 13-14...but didn't came to terms until I turned 20.  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

gothicchibee

Shameless Flatterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:34 pm
I was about 4 ish 5ish when I first kissed a girl.... Yes 4 or 5 ...... I didn't kiss the girl for like fun or that it jsut dawned on me I just thought She is sooo cute..... And I kissed her on the lips and held her close and the adults thought it was cute .... NOW the adults go ewwww and disgusting and you are a freak......sigh....I wish they would act the same considering I really liked Hana then as much as I do now... Sigh....

Woo Hoo I am bisexual ^^ *Random dance of happiness*  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces