Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Scary movies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:12 pm
Okay, let me start from the beginning. I got the movie Insidious for Christmas, and just decided to watch it tonight with two good friends. Well, long story short, after roughly two hours of the three of us scrunched up together on a bed and under a heated blanket in silent fear, I'm still scared as hell... I'm pretty sure my other two friends aren't freaking out as much as I am. Movies that usually involve ghosts, spirits, etc. usually have a tendency to scare me the most. And I forgot about that since I haven't seen one in a while. So now I'm telling you all about it so I can distract myself from the terror trying to gnaw at my mind.

My main thing is that it forces me to remember about all the night terror incidences I suffered from when I was little, which scares me more. I really don't want them to happen again... I don't know why this movie impacted me so much, it's only some stupid piece of fiction.

Anyways, anyone else have similar stories?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 pm
I love horror movies, especially in theatres. The thing I hate is walking home... from the bus...
Either way, I have to walk 10-15 minutes, one way it's either walking through a forest at night
or walking all the way around. Both have really dark streets and wild animals are notorious D:.
I've seen bears, coyotes, skunks, raccoons and even a fox around my house. I live in a city as well,
but there's a forest next to my complex .-., there was a body dumping 5 blocks from here in some
foresty bushes next to a creek thing which I have to walk right by if I choose to go the 3rd way, which
is in another direction D:... either way.... I end up freaking myself out lol  

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:48 pm
DeathxGrip
I love horror movies, especially in theatres. The thing I hate is walking home... from the bus...
Either way, I have to walk 10-15 minutes, one way it's either walking through a forest at night
or walking all the way around. Both have really dark streets and wild animals are notorious D:.
I've seen bears, coyotes, skunks, raccoons and even a fox around my house. I live in a city as well,
but there's a forest next to my complex .-., there was a body dumping 5 blocks from here in some
foresty bushes next to a creek thing which I have to walk right by if I choose to go the 3rd way, which

Yeah, it's weird, I like scary movies too... It's the being paranoid I hate...

And there was a body found like a block away from my house once... That was a lovely bit of news that day.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:51 pm
Veneficus Monstrum
DeathxGrip

Yeah, it's weird, I like scary movies too... It's the being paranoid I hate...

And there was a body found like a block away from my house once... That was a lovely bit of news that day.

I love the feeling of being scared xD but not for real, just movies and rides like rollercoasters.
Other than that... I may not want to be scared. I'd want to try that live bait cage thingy where
you're put with sharks in a metal cage xD.  

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 pm
DeathxGrip

I love the feeling of being scared xD but not for real, just movies and rides like rollercoasters.
Other than that... I may not want to be scared. I'd want to try that live bait cage thingy where
you're put with sharks in a metal cage xD.

I'm totally cool with sharks, haha. But ghosts and all that business freak me out so much, I don't know why.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm
i've never really been affected by horror movies, but i guess that's because i've been watching them since i was young. i guess i'm desensitized to the point where i find many horror movies uniquely hilarious on occasion.
especially that so-called slasher "I Know What You Did Last Summer." come on, how hard is it not to laugh when someone falls into a boat full of shrimp? and don't get me started on any of the Saw movies haha

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:31 pm
sans-coeur13
i've never really been affected by horror movies, but i guess that's because i've been watching them since i was young. i guess i'm desensitized to the point where i find many horror movies uniquely hilarious on occasion.
especially that so-called slasher "I Know What You Did Last Summer." come on, how hard is it not to laugh when someone falls into a boat full of shrimp? and don't get me started on any of the Saw movies haha

Haha, right. Gory movies just make me laugh most of the time. Hostel made me cringe once, but it was kinda ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:05 am
Veneficus Monstrum
Haha, right. Gory movies just make me laugh most of the time. Hostel made me cringe once, but it was kinda ridiculous.

i never got the chance to watch any of the three they made of Hostel. i've heard the main characters make stupid decision after stupid decision

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

Kara_99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 am
It could have been the bottle of Captain Morgan's I drank, but Hostel was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

I've been a horror movie buff for a long time. I used to hate them, I had a friend when I was little who loved them and would make me watch them when I would stay the night at his house. I got used to them and grew to love them as well. One argument my mother made when we were arguing about my gender identity a few months ago was she said I couldn't be a girl because I like scary movies (and video games). Yeah, most of my female friends do also, lol.

I watched a movie on Netflix today called "Tucker and Dale vs Evil." It's a horror comedy, lots of blood and silly deaths, but most importantly it has Alan Tudyk doing what he does best (being awesome). It was a VERY good movie, well written and well acted (the unlikable college party kids were SUPPOSED to be unlikable) and the plot/jokes were GREAT.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:38 am
i love horror movies with a good plot. i also love slasher movies. im not a big fan of movies with all gore and no plot like saw thoug, i need a good plot and believable gore. alot of the ways the people die are just so silly and make little to no sense, its just gore for gore's sake and after the first couple people pop off it gets boring really fast.

dead birds used to terrify me when i was a teenager. the monster design in that one was fantastic and is still the base for a few of my nightmares, i love it.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:16 am
I watched Ju-On (the original, Japanese version of The Grudge) when it first came out in 2000. I was about... 11 years old at the time, so that movie scared the living F$#% outta me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:30 am
If it helps, the red faced guy looks like Darth Maul from Star Wars. He's not so scary, is he?  

Runkle

Genius

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:23 am
lgtenos
I watched Ju-On (the original, Japanese version of The Grudge) when it first came out in 2000. I was about... 11 years old at the time, so that movie scared the living F$#% outta me.

I remember that exact same version fondly... Which makes me think of The Ring for some reason. And how the phone rang as I was watching it, which resulted in me jumping really bad and calling my friend... >_> Haha, I can't handle ghost movies....

Runkle
If it helps, the red faced guy looks like Darth Maul from Star Wars. He's not so scary, is he?

Now that you say that, I see it now.... Haha, and now he's not as scary. I think it's just the sudden appearance of a creepy face or person that freaks me out the most.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:38 pm
I have almost no problems with watching horror films. The only one that truly scared the living s**t out of me was Spliced, simply because of the fact that it was POSSIBLE. With most horror films, there's always that line you can step behind that says "Hey, this can;t actually happen, there isn't some murderer's soul possessing a doll, there isn't some monster that kills you in your dreams AND real life." But with Spliced, there's the cold truth that that situation could actually occur.  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items