has to be coupled at all times ok
View Results

Dyer Maker

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 am
So not long ago my best buddy got married, and I find his wife pretty cool, we get along fine and everything. But every now and then her best friend Tara stops by as well. I kinda knew right away that she was into me after first meeting her, and my buddy has definitely confirmed this. But I'm really not that into her at all, but I can tell they keep trying to put us into situations where her and I are together and it's starting to feel a tad awkward for me.

I've told my buddy that I'm not that into her and I'm trying to keep things pretty casual for the next while anyway, and I'm already seeing a couple girls to that effect. But I think his wife is the one pushing for it, thinks we'd be a cute couple and all that jazz. She's definitely not for me though. One time she was calling my name and it was like the most spine-cringing noise I'd ever heard. There's no way I could spend my life with someone who I can't stand to hear say my own name.

I dunno, I don't think I'm showing interest in her at all other than anything purely friendly. I just don't want to have to make things awkward by turning her down, but it's getting there anyway. Mostly it'd be nice if they'd cut it out with the obvious set ups though  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:11 am
Take your friend aside, and mention again that you are really not interested in her, and you are starting to feel uncomfortable, and you feel it's cruel of them to keep Tara's hopes up when you have already told him you have zero interest in dating her.

Xiporah

Dyer Maker

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:55 am
Exactly, I don't wanna give her false hope, and I really don't think I am. But they seem to be, as if I might change my mind or something. Yeah another talk is probably what's in order.  
Gents

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games