Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Thought this was pretty cool...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor Rapunzel

Enduring Sweetheart

11,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:24 pm
It's a story that was posted a couple of days ago (I think)... thought I would share it with everyone here o^.^o

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-wolfe/dear-customer-who-stuck-u_b_1190690.html  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 pm
Aw, that is a good big brother for standing up and protecting his little brother. Can be difficult to stand up against your own father. He sounds kind of scary and violent.

Is it that big of deal what color controller he wanted or what game he picked out? As long as it is age appropriate (which most games with guns and zombies are not for a 10 year old), I don't see a problem. Sounds like the dad is more insecure about his own masculinity.

I liked how the brother said he would buy if for him with his own money, a lot of brothers wouldn't do that.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:13 pm
Aww, Makes me miss my little bro back home. He can be a pain in the a**, but he means the world to me. Sounds like the same thing with this big brother. *fist pounds invisible big brother*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:35 pm
As a big sister, I approve of the older brother's choice in this situation. <3 It's a shame that their father is so close-minded.  

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Gresley Toombs

Super Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:37 pm
Aww...stories like these make my heart melt.  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games