Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Dojo (Digimon Card Battle School Forum)
B.R.E.A.D.S - How to build a Deck in DTI

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
I like it...
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
I prefer the life of random generation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You need a life...
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
TEACH ME MORE!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 pm
So over the past few days, I've noticed that a lot of the new members are having a hard time building decks for both tournaments as well as normal play. I can most definitely agree that I too had that issue, but after much thought I came up with an Acronym that basically outlines the fundamentals of a decent deck in the form of B.R.E.A.D.S.

Here I'm going to talk about the basics and what a deck needs. Now following this won't guarantee that you always win but it will help guide you to a more structured format, for those of you that don't find pleasure in picking random cards..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:47 pm

B.R.E.A.D.S

Here is what it stands for:

Bomb.
These are your really big cards or your core cards. These are basically the cards that you either expect to win you the game or turn the game in your favor if you're not doing too good.

Removal.
These are cards that remove options for your opponent like canceling cards, stopping healing, as well as MP regeneration. Including these will help you limit your opponent's options to come at you with and make it easier to take them down.

Evasion.
Just as the name woudl suggest, these are cards that keep you out of harms way whether it be avoiding damage, or avoiding being the target of certain effects. You could consider these your counter cards for getting out of situations.

Amplification.
Also known as aggression, these are either continuous or one turn boosts in the amount of damage you do. These are usually very important as they'll help you get your opponent's health down a lot quicker than you would without them.

Drain.
Don't be confused, this could refer to taking health from your opponent to add to your own in a figurative sense, but this is not the case. When I mean drain, I'm referring to cards that take away health from your opponent without you having to attack. These are your defensive alternatives to amplification.

Support.
These are your healing cards, that do just what I just said, they heal your HP and/or MP outside of having to use an HP Floppy or waste a turn defending.  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:09 pm
Tips for Building---

-When you're building a deck, stand size for a battle is 10-15, but in all reality, it only takes five cards to act as the foundation or plot of the deck. These five cards will serve as the core, usually based on one of the points mentioned above.

Let's Examine the Rookie Deck:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Can you guess what the Core here might be?

The main power set of this deck would be the combo of Sacred Fruit and Banana Trap. In battles with Rookie vs Rookie, these two cards can be quite powerful. In any other case, however, this would work as a Drain Combo. Yes, I know I said that a core is usually five cards, but in a rookie battle, these are the only two that you'd need.

Of course since they rely on your opponent getting you down to a low amount of health, you have the other eight cards to give you something to do why you wait for them to slowly whittle you down to the right amount.

-------------------------------

Rapid Arrow, Blue Blaster and, Pyrosphere would serve as your amplification, increasing the amount of damage that you deal over time.

Aero Wing and Metal Armor serve for evasion, limiting the amount of damage that you take.

And then you have Digi Apple and Coral Rip to serve as supporting cards for healing up and making sure that, in this case, they're not dealing too much damage to you.

Toy Flame is a rather versatile card and can be very useful as it heals your health, restores some MP, and then adds to your attack.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:11 pm
--Tips for Building--

-Not every deck needs to have all of the points of B.R.E.A.D.S, but it works really well and has few problems aside from Henry and Antylamon, but even those cards have counters.

Outside of your 2-5 card core, you want to make sure that you're covering some of your weaknesses with other cards like removal, evasion, and support cards.

Some common problems include:

-Forced loss of MP

-Not being able to attack

-Not being able to use cards

-Not being able to recover HP or MP

-and many more as new cards and rules are found.

There are a lot of problems, but each of them have an equal counter and what's even more funny, those cards also have counters of there own. You just have to look through the cards and be willing to try out things to learn what makes the work as well as what shuts them down.  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Digimon Dojo (Digimon Card Battle School Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games