Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official How to Draw Manga Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: artist, manga, anime, draw, learn 

Reply Main Guild Forum
Comi-Club! JOIN IN! (collaborative webcomic thingy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caliber Mengsk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:21 pm
WARNING, WALL OF TEXT COMMENCING!!!

Overview:
Comi-Clubs are my own invention based off of "Fight Clubs" which can be popular on many drawing sites. There is a major difference though. Fight clubs are 1 on 1 (two artists using their characters to fight), and generally don't last all that long (20 pages-ish from what I've seen). Comi-Clubs have a creator defined maximum number of members (in this case, 6 members) and don't require everyone to fight. In fact, fighting isn't required at all. It can be something that has a large overarching story, or a comedy comic.

The creator of the Comi-Club (me in this case) decides the basics. Type of world, magic/tech ranges, etc. The creator can be more detailed as they please, but creative freedom can be very nice for an artist. Anyway, you take turns in order (I'll be deciding it randomly after everyone joins and submits a character that's acceptable), and continue the story from where the person left off before you. This goes until the story ends itself (all members effectively write a finish) or until the creator feels it's gone to far off track or there isn't enough activity.

Fairly simple eh? Well, let's take a look at the rules.

Rules:
You have 4 days to finish 1 page or more. (ONLY WORK ON MORE PAGES IF YOU HAVE FINISHED THE FIRST ONE!!!) If you really really need it, you can ask for up to 3 more days(one week total), but, regular occurance of this may result in getting kicked out of the game, if a fair amount of regular users votes it. The prefered maximum number of pages is 4, just to make certain the story isn't massively changed by one person.

If you fail to produce pages within that time (4 days without extra time requested, 1 week with), the next person in line has the option to skip you. If the next person fails to request a skip within 2 days, the person after can request to skip both. The 2 day process can go out to an entire loop of the member roster. This process is to ensure that no one person delays

NOTHING AGAINST TOS. This includes both Gaia, and the Guild. This means no nudity, excessive gore, and excessive foul language. It's ok to put in a little bit of the language and gore in my opinion, but if you do and get banned from the guild, or gaia, it's NOT MY FAULT!!!

Try to match styles as much as possible. It may be one of the hardest things to do, but it helps with the cohessiveness of the story if it looks at least somewhat similar.

No fighting in the topic. Fighting in the comic is fine, but don't flame someone for being bad or anything of that sort. This could result in getting kicked out of the game, as well as getting reported by your's truely to the guild owner. I don't expect this to happen, but if it does, you know what will happen.

Don't take a character out of the characters standard persona, unless you are the creator of said character. It's not likely that a dragon slayer and destroyer of all will random grab cotton candy and do a line dance after killing someone... O-o though.... that could happen in some universes, don't do it to someone else's character unless you have permission.

Story:
This time, I'd like to do something totally off the wall. Not based on earth, has magic, technology, everything. No real limitations. For the most part though, think of things as normal, such as gravity, temperature, etc is expected to be like normal. Think something like... ... Onepiece, or Fairy Tail, things of that sort. These are great stories for having multiple writers/artists, as they generally don't have very long, short term story plots, so you can feel like you are actually getting somewhere.

So... O-o I guess something with magic and in a semi-modern fantasy feel. Now... a goal (since there always is one)... Meh, I don't know XD Give a suggestion. XD I'm not the greatest at coming up with good ideas, names, or anything really. I suck at design XD.

How to join:
Fairly simple, Write up a short character bio (nothing more then a paragraph or so, just enough to get a feel for a character) and post it. I'll decide if it fits into the universe. If approved, then you draw up the character. (If you are certain of how you want your character to look, and are pretty certain that the bio will be approved, then just go ahead and draw it ^__^)

Other Things:
I'm fairly open to many ideas, so if you have a way to improve this, just make a post with a suggestion. Beside that, I tend to forget about things on gaia. I've been coming here since 2003, so I get bored with the avi editing and such quite quickly. As such, I can sometimes not log in to gaia for weeks on end. If this happens, and someone needs to get my attention, email me at caliber_mengsk .at. yahoo [dot] com .... if you can't figure all that out.... well.... You are weird razz

I'll be updating this post as things happen (story is decided, logo made {XD if ever made}, character bio links, pages links, etc), so don't just ignore it all the time... This post needs love too!!

The last one that I made had 50+ pages spanning over 6 months (quite a quick time for a webcomic kind of thing), I'll also probably set up a comic viewer kind of thing if this gets 10+ pages. That's it for now. Can't wait to get started!!

Members:
ME!!! (Caliber Mengsk)
......................... uh... T__T I'm alone.

Characters:
None yet. (will have links to the original post it was made in)

Pages:
None yet. (will have links to the original post it was made in)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 pm
**RESERVED IN CASE THE FIRST POST GETS TO BIG**  

Caliber Mengsk

Caliber Mengsk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 am
O-o Guess no one else wants to join in then.... O-o either that, or I probably need to actually come up with a basic story/universe for it to be set in.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 am
Maybe no one is joining cause this is quite a large undertaking. Why don't you try something simple first to garner some attention? Let's forget about a strong story and do an exhibition fight first to get the feel for things. I can participate with you if you want someone to RP/fight with.  

Iris Silver

Caliber Mengsk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:46 am
Probably would be a better idea to start smaller. Perhaps that is best. Warning though XD I haven't drawn in quite a while, so it may turn out horrible. XD

Have any preferred backdrop? (Post apocalyptic, fantasy, scifi, etc.)  
Main Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games