Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
GM ORP SUGGESTION THREAD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:12 am
GM ORP SUGGESTION THREAD!

As GMs, we are always looking towards what you as rpers would be interested in! What kind of rps would you like to see happen in Amityville, whether as a series of gm orps (that means orps with GM/ event interaction in them that you normally couldn't do with reg groups), or just a single passive event.

What can we do as a GM:
- we can temporarily change the setting/world/ even effects to characters
- we can also bring in and take out elements and people
- we can create conflict (ie: such as Halloween vs Hunters fight) or take out conflicts

What are we asking for:
- Really this is just a thread to ask for what kind of things you may be interested in as a player that we can provide for as gms! Things like "more classes", etc, we will always work on, but we'd love to be able to provide the opportunity for fun orps for Amityville once so often that have not much to do with the meta and are just there to create excitement/tension/ fun.

- So yes, please go ahead and post away ideas/suggestions/comments regarding this!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:18 am
Other bathroom overflow
Amity Olympics

.... Maybe somehow Julie's kid formula leaks onto the campus? Idk. GETTING TURNED TO KIDS IS AMUSING OK  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:24 am
I'll just rewrite my thoughts since they were broken up and possibly drowned. XD

Amityville vs. Deus is a lot more populated. I think part of the problem people have with ORPs is just that. In like an hour ORPs get to thirteen pages, which while impressive is also extremely daunting for people who cannot dedicate every minute of every day to the internet. Giving a definite cut off or limit to an ORP, while it will cause QQ because you have to accept the fact no matter how you do something it will lead to QQ, would cause a lot less headaches. Or even do it as you guys have done it with the metas, break ORPs into different 'rooms'. It's a school! They can use different classrooms for announcements instead of forcing EVERYONE in the auditorium! OuO Limit it to groups of 10 or 15 or even 20 per thread. A good number of people without being an overwhelming amount.

Something else is Amityville has had a lot more seriousness and rules as opposed to Deus lately. We all know the reasons why, but at the same time I feel the students have more than earned an IC break. They literally fought for their school, they deserve some kind of reward.

I saw someone suggest a scavenger hunt at some point? That could be fun. Have one big thread people can check into and interact in without feeling obligated to stay in it because they can branch off into their own RPs and come back to the ORP at any time, like in the Christmas meta!

Or have the option of several ORP threads that the students can float between like in the 1999 Event and the Floresctival. <333

THOUGH NONE OF THIS IS REALLY WHAT YOU'RE ASKING FOR IS IT AHAHAHAHA LOOK AT ME BEING HELPFUL.

More 'fun' events. Yes, all events are fun for US but not all events are fun for the STUDENTS. XD We've had around four or so months of just serious consequences. I think the students are overdue for some derp RP. A teacher messes up a spell and suddenly everything is SPARKLY AND RAINBOW and everyone is DESU and has to deal with it.

...I like that idea. 8D  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:34 am
I'm a big fan of the "status effect" events. It creates a fun scenario for people to react to, and makes for some lulzy interactions!  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 am
I love the idea of some fun events~ And the status effect types look interesting.

Also, IDK if this is just me but I think random events? Like a GM just walking by in the middle of an rp and nodding at a student would be random, but also interesting. Characters in that RP could discuss why the GM was there and different things. Just smaller GM minievents to make it seem like staff is present at the school. If there was something like the ! that people could post in their thread titles signalling that a GM could post a walk-by or even come in and join could be fun (though obviously it would require a lot of work as the GM would have to read quite a few rps)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 am
I REALLY LIKED THE EVENT WHERE PEOPLE DIED AND THE CHARACTERS WERE TEMPORARY

& since you're bringing in the horsemen clans, maybe doing something similar but on Amity side with disposable Halloweeners or Clanspersons (wat idk ok) would be like.

Incredo fun.

And it would, as 1999 brought more awareness to hunters, bring more awareness to the clans.

OR NOT. You know, whatever.  

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:01 pm
like a bunch of people have been saying, more "fun tiemz" events, but more so to the extent of like ...
how do i put it

lately everything has felt like hunters x halloween?
i know thats a big shop mechanic and having good v evil kind of battle is fun
but i also really liked having just plain old halloween only/hunter only rps
like eight was saying, some sort of field trip to just like ... a beach trip or something. i dunno. just something thats not so ... hunters vs. halloween xD

also looove the ideas of side effects. just sayin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:12 pm
I am obviously shamelessly addicted to gender bending rp times.

So I was thinking, maybe an open class that if completed successfully would grant the student a 1 time use potion with gender-bending abilities *A*

Characters could use it on themselves or others (obviously with permission), and could only successfully complete the course a set number of time (1-3?) or maybe only every so often within a certain time constraint (every 2 months or something?)

IDK, I'm just shamelessly trying to keep this status effect around~  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:19 pm
ramenli
I love the idea of some fun events~ And the status effect types look interesting.

Also, IDK if this is just me but I think random events? Like a GM just walking by in the middle of an rp and nodding at a student would be random, but also interesting. Characters in that RP could discuss why the GM was there and different things. Just smaller GM minievents to make it seem like staff is present at the school. If there was something like the ! that people could post in their thread titles signalling that a GM could post a walk-by or even come in and join could be fun (though obviously it would require a lot of work as the GM would have to read quite a few rps)

Keeping [!] as a marker saying its ok for GM NPC's to crash regular rp/orp threads is an excellent idea.

+1

chimarii
like a bunch of people have been saying, more "fun tiemz" events, but more so to the extent of like ...
how do i put it

lately everything has felt like hunters x halloween?
i know thats a big shop mechanic and having good v evil kind of battle is fun
but i also really liked having just plain old halloween only/hunter only rps
like eight was saying, some sort of field trip to just like ... a beach trip or something. i dunno. just something thats not so ... hunters vs. halloween xD

also looove the ideas of side effects. just sayin

I see where you're coming from, but casual fun like a beach trip doesn't really require a GM to make it, it's a bit like using a blow-torch to light your birthday candles  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:00 am
The [!] marker is a lovely idea *____*

I'm with what Eight and chii said though, I would love for the students to get a little break from all the hunter versus halloween -ness. I get the GMs don't have to be there to create such opportunities but who doesn't enjoy all the trolling you guys do lDa
Something like the snow sculpture contest the hunters had might be nice? idk I'm just craving for something more lighthearted and WTF ya /brick'd

Ditto with ramen, it would also be nice to see more faculty members popping around school and interacting with the kids more often. That's something that's done well on the Deus side so it'll be great to see it at Amityville too!

Battle Tourney?
Inter house games? Though the latter might need some mechanics to make it more even across the houses... Or races in this case
Stuff for the student's council to organize? There was terror warrior the other time which was quite fun. I suppose these can be player organized with minimal GM input.  

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:57 am
Then I do think the best compromise is a ~ players make the threads/GMs are encouraged to crash them - situation.

ORPs made by GMs, even if they aren't serious, tend to create very fast-paced and possibly even stressful experience for players. People feel that they must participate, beginning to end, or they will miss out on all the things. If it doesn't run long enough, we're exluding people, if it runs too long we are making it into an event. Multiple threads makes it more spread out, but also turns it into an event, and we are getting a lot of "we are tired of events right now" complaints. It's understandable, but it's also kind of incredibly frustrating to have people telling us we aren't doing enough and at the same time telling us we're doing too much.

I think a couple months of you guys determining the main content and pacing of ORPs, with GMs assisting and adding flair where needed/wanted, will do everybody a great deal of good.

On the GM part for Amityville the plan is to focus mainly on, I hope, classes and mentoring, and helping to guide both players and characters toward the much more open land of post-graduation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:42 am
Mm yes I do see your point there about GMed ORPs and I totally agree. As for player initiated ORPs, that's definitely something to think about since I did enjoy some of those and they were a lot less stressful. I guess we can look forward to pitching some ideas to you guys eventually ... hopefully? x)

But really, thank you guys so much for everything you've done so far :'D heart  

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:56 am
*Cracks up* I'm sorry, I'm just picturing one of the professors walking into Roch's party and sitting down awkwardly on the couch as all the kids bellow out songs on the scareoke--

Roch would probably offer to let them sing OTL

But I'm happy to start up ORPs! Roch is always good for a party!

What I wanted to ask about, though, is battle of the bands. I know you guys did one way before I showed up, and Roch has been pouting over that fact ever since he got here. I'm sure we'd be happy to help with running it if you need us! Or is that something WE should run and ask the GMs to help with instead?  
{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games