Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Did I do something wrong or is it them?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm
I need some advice.

So in another group I made a post about something because I was upset about something, but nothing was directed about them or anything, I just felt like it was the place to share and they were supposed to be my friends.

The issue-I was upset that people insulted some of my work or how it isn't going as good as others art, etc...We all want to feel proud and feel good that are time and effort is acknowledged right? They also know I have a lot of problems and issues

But they disagreed with me and don't share my views and said I take things too seriously (I am a sensitive person) so instead of dropping the issue or saying that they just disagreed or saying that they are sorry that someone was rude but just move on, I woke up to them bitching at me, saying they were done with me and the group (I am the captain there, I wasn't making changes to the group or anything) and even removed me from facebook,etc....

I don't get what I did wrong besides taking my own work seriously. Sorry that they disagree, what wasn't that just a bit extreme? I wasn't harassing them, insulting their work or their personality, etc....so I don't really don't understand what happen or what I did to them personally to go that far. They also knew I been having a bad week due to an infection and lack of sleep.

Did I do something wrong or are they the ones taking things too seriously when it wasn't even about them? That just made me feel bad and I thought these were my friends, we been working on group projects together for almost two years.

They are vices captains on the guild, but if they want to leave, they have to figure out how themselves (they can't unless I kick them out or demote them, but out of anger and thinking they are just acting silly and gaining up on me for no real reason that I know, I won't. Let them cool off first and thing of something. I am trying to transfer my captain position to someone else as I don't really want to have to deal with this along with stress and let them handle things. I didn't make the group or ask to be captain, just passed down to me).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 pm
And now the Cerberus, it stands;
Head in heart;
Heart in hand;
I watch to hear that melancholy dirge.

I'ma take the neutral side on this matter. Yuko, I won't say it was their fault, nor will I say it was yours. Said guild is a family, no matter how much we argue, no matter how much we fight or annoy each other. That is a family. And to hell if I'll keep it from being one. I might not be on much lately, but I have reason. Lack of internet is a son of a b***h. But I'm going to keep the guild up and running. That's not an option. We're a family, and we have been.

There is no right or wrong in things. Pointing blame'll just keep the fight going. If you consider them, and us your friends, or especially family, then please, just leave it as is. I don't like fighting. I don't like arguing. So, please, let's all just get along.

And before you have the chance to say anything, I'ma quote 3 Days Grace for one quote. "It's not too late, it's never too late."

I know it's true, my love for you;
I jumped into the depths of Hell;
To save you from these rotten swells;
And still, you sing that melancholy dirge.

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:47 pm
I just don't like feeling like I did something bad or know how to fix it. I just don't want to hurt people's feelings.

Thanks though Haru. We are like a family, that's why I want to try to work everything out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 pm
Head in heart;
Heart in hand;

You gotta get outta that Yuko. If you did something wrong, you would know. It's like... Try not to give a ******** about what people say. Take in the words, measure them up to what -you- think, and follow through with a solution. People are a buncha idiots, me included. You just gotta learn not to give their words weight until you feel it out.

I wouldn't be getting involved unless I thought it threatened the family. You did right by posting what you did in the guild, in that thread I posted in as a reply. I'm not taking sides though, for the record, cause that'd be retarded.

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm
I guess for now it's best to leave them be and let them just cool off. I was worried it was threatening the family though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 pm
Head in heart;
Heart in hand;

Possibly; most of em are asleep as is .-. But Yuko, that's a good start. When you come on tomorrow, hopefully things have gotten better.

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 pm
I sure hope so. I also decided to delete the thread that started the whole mess instead of letting it continue or just locking it as it was just only causing problems and hurt feelings, I thought it was for the best as that way we all can just forgive and forget about it.

Really wasn't expecting such a strong reaction like that, I was shocked but figured that sometimes other people have bad days/weeks too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:50 pm
Without knowing what you said, or what they said, all we can do is speculate.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas