Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OFFICE] Moira's Fortress of Janitorial Solitude

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 pm
There's a small, ramshackle structure cozied up next to the hulking, warehouse-like structure that contains the Amityville Waste Disposal Facility. This shack, made out of large metal bits and random scraps, seems to cling to the Waste Disposal Facility like a barnacle to a rock. Strange mechanical noises emanate from it at regular intervals; the ground also shakes every so often, a testament to the Trashbots and other things moving in the tunnels below. The ground is largely bare, free of plant life for a good thirty feet before the Forest abruptly takes over. At least somebody's planted some ivy in trash cans next to the 'house'.

The sign on the 'house' door - a door clearly pinched off of an elevator at some point in its history - reads thus:

SHACK OF JANITORIAL SOLITUDE
Moira *********, Proprietor
and Gordon and Vance and Kleiner too!

PLEASE COME IN biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin I WE LIKE FRIENDS! biggrin

Inside looks much the same as the outside - lots of scraps, gaps in the walls, holes in the ceiling, irregular levels. It's as if somebody made a collage, except they made it out of metal instead of paper, and instead of making a picture they made a house. Sort of. Everything inside is actually very, very clean other than a few old bloodstains, but it sure is crazy cluttered. Neat piles of scraps and potentially useful objects teeter in the corner, many with cheerful signs saying PLEASE DON'T TOUCH THANKS! biggrin biggrin biggrin stuck onto them with tape.

Yep. This is Moira's home.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:34 am
About Moira & Minions

Name: Moira *********> Probably plenty, but none she's retained.
Age: ~30s, mentally... physically, who knows? Undead are tricky that way.

Faction/Race: Undead / Poison Headcrab ZombieUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Natural Ability: Headcrab Minions - In addition to the 'control' headcrab on her head, Moira has three additional headcrabs that ride around on her back most of the time. These headcrabs can communicate with her (and her alone, they can't talk to just anyone). She can send them out away from her, and recall them if she wishes. The headcrabs are named Gordon, Vance, and Kleiner. Why? Because those are their names, silly!

Personality: Moira is a sweet, good-hearted ditzy inventor. She means well, but somehow she has a tendency to build the most astonishing deathtraps while intending to build something totally innocuous. Or to 'fix' something by overbuilding it into a complicated mess. But it makes complete sense to her, so it's okay, right?

Being undead, Moira seems to have little conception of physical danger. So what if the formerly-clogged garbage disposal now has an array of blades that takes up most of the sink? It works really well, and you can just stitch that hand back on! Sometimes she'll even shock herself badly enough that she shorts out her short-term memory, meaning she doesn't remember people she met the day before. That only happens a few times a year, though. In general, Moira believes that she's pretty smart about facts, but when it comes to basic, insignificant things, she can be fooled with misinformation if it's presented in a deadpan, convincing fashion.

Moira will happily talk to students about anything and everything - she genuinely loves absolutely every student sight unseen, and usually calls them pet names like 'spookie'. Amityville Academy is her beloved home, and even though her student days are long gone, Moira still has a boatload of school spirit. She does her very best for Amityville, and will defend the school and its students against all comers.

While Moira is generally optimistic and unfailingly cheerful, she can buckle down and get serious about really important things. Underestimating her because of her 'menial' title would be a mistake: she knows the Amityville campus better than almost anyone, has access to a vast network of secret tunnels, and effectively controls an army of trash-collecting robots and gnomes.

Moira can often be found lurking about her workshop and scrapyard, designing new sweeping devices and making robot trash cans that can empty themselves. Or scoop up students by mistake. Whichever!

What do they do at Amityville Academy?: Moira is the school janitor and the Lord of the Gnomes - she cleans, makes repairs, and manages a large segment of Amityville's gnome population.

FEAR: Deadly Neurotoxin (Tainted Fang): Moira throws her headcrab minions at targets (up to three); when they hit, they bite, sending a sharp shock of highly damaging poison directly into the targets' systems. In addition to the initial poison damage, the remains of the neurotoxin continue to deal damage over the next few minutes.

Physical Description: She's a poison headcrab zombie! She does have a visible face - she wears her 'control' headcrab like a hat and peeks out from under it. The skin on her face is pretty much intact, but her entire ribcage gapes open at the front and her fingers have extended into long claws. She always walks hunched over to support the headcrabs on her back, and seems incapable of standing up any straighter than that.
Eye Colour: A vivid yellow-green.
Hair Colour/Style: Black, and a bit messy. She has no bangs, but the length of her hair - which goes down to her butt - sticks out from under her control headcrab. It does not get in the way of her face. While her hair isn't dirty, it is effectively perpetual hat-hair, so it isn't gracefully styled.
Skin Colour: Caucasian, with an edge of greying and old bloodstains.
Clothing Style/Colours: Moira does laundry every day, but her work is dirty and physical and her attire reflects this. Her clothing is very practical, consisting of a worn coat and simple top - she has no breasts to speak of, given that her torso is mostly gaping open. She keeps a toolbelt (with wrenches, screwdrivers, small pouches, dustpan and whisk broom) around her waist, and always wears a pair of comfortable blue jeans and proper stompin' boots.
Extra: She always carries four poison headcrabs: the 'control' headcrab on her head, and three others that ride on her back. Also, Moira's bloodstains come in two kinds: the standard dried red blood and Moira's own ichor, which is a bile-ish yellow-green color. She can often be seen with a basic Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator, which she uses to lift heavy things like dumpsters and robots. (Gravity gun does not work on any animate FEAR source.)  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:40 am
OOC Information

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Your student is welcome to come in and interact with Moira if they so choose, for any reason! If you come in, please quote me to call my attention to your character's presence. Moira is especially happy to see students who have passed Trashology 101 and have little Trashbots of their very own! She is also pleased to see any students bearing Nice Hats.

Should Moira ever teach a class (oh sweet Jack) homework can also be returned here. Just be careful to actually get it inside her house through one of the gaps in the walls; otherwise, a passing Trashbot might well run off with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:28 pm
Nahm had finally located the janitor's office. House. Shack. Whatever. Either way, he'd gathered up a baggie of unidentifiable bits of something that might once have been meat to bring with him, and had even resisted snacking on the bits on the way over.

He knocked politely on the door and waited.

Sosiqui

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:14 pm
Prolixity
Nahm had finally located the janitor's office. House. Shack. Whatever. Either way, he'd gathered up a baggie of unidentifiable bits of something that might once have been meat to bring with him, and had even resisted snacking on the bits on the way over.

He knocked politely on the door and waited.

((We shall continue the scene HERE! n.n))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:30 pm
Sosiqui
Homework dropoff!

Prior to the beach madness that was Famine's Trial, Mort had managed to find his way to Moira's office, if it could be called such. He got mini shivers remembering the ordeals he and Alex had to go through to finish the open class, though it didn't appear as if there were any large trashbots around at the moment. Quietly the xomboil slipped in, summoning his own mini version of the 'bot, which crawled through one of the smaller holes in the janitor's office to leave behind his homework.

Summary
I took a friend to the hot springs after we found our team for the trials. She's a chimera, so I though she'd like the hotter ones, but apparently not all monsters can swim. But Taryn said she really liked it, and it's super handy that we have little tunnels for everyone to change in. So in short, the visit was fun!

- Mortimer

P.S. I like your head crabs! 8D
P.P.S. If you want help with the rogue trashbots, contact me. I've been trying to modify the one I can summon and I think I'm making some break throughs.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:21 pm
Sosiqui
The rp isn't entirely completed but Mei has given her fruit basket to a Horsemen. 83

Moira's office was.....quite what Meixiang had expected. Nothing lavish, but a place the Janitor would feel comfortable in. Glancing about, she didn't spot any trash bots about which caused her to pause before approaching the door.

Last thing she needed was for one of the whirring, flailing hulks to come charging at her for whatever reason.

She tested the door, which seemed to be locked. But soon her attention was drawn to a small opening in one of the walls. Looking left then right, she gave a small shrug before slipping her homework through the opening.

Hopefully it wouldn't 'mysteriously' disappear.

Little Note

Met an interesting Horsemen from the Famine clan named Eisheth. She seemed to enjoy the fruit basket and was very receptive of my welcoming her.

I think we might turn out to be good friends and I'm excited about that! She's teaching me quite a bit about her and her clan and I'm teaching her about food!

- Meixiang

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff