View Results

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:47 pm
One thing that always torments me in a small way is that often when I'm playing a game and I hit something, i.e. a boss, that I'm having major issues with, I notice a pattern:

Part 1: I try, try, try, try, try...-five days later- try again, and fail no matter how much I try it, no matter what different methods/tricks/what have you that I use.

Part 2: I start getting pissed off at the game and yelling at it, calling it a "cheating piece of s**t."

Part 3: I chuck the controller or handheld onto my bed or just close it/turn it off while trying not to burst a blood vessel and don't play it for a while afterward, sometimes anywhere from days to months to even years.

Final Part: I play it again and get hooked once more, hit that very same spot/boss, and have NO TROUBLE BEATING IT WHATSOEVER.

I don't understand how I can have hell beating something one time, then suddenly go back, try it again after a while, and beat it without a flaw. It  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:56 pm
I've had that happen to me so many times it's not even funny. I've also had it reversed - I'll finish a game easily without any problems. A year or so later I'll play it again and have the hardest time with it! Mind boggling  

Xx_Pro Swagga_xX

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:05 pm
the game gods are tricksty, fickle little bastards aint they? lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 pm
Professional Raver
I've had that happen to me so many times it's not even funny. I've also had it reversed - I'll finish a game easily without any problems. A year or so later I'll play it again and have the hardest time with it! Mind boggling

I know, right? It's insane. One of the mysteries of gaming, I suppose.  

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 pm
BSPBleach
the game gods are tricksty, fickle little bastards aint they? lol

Yes. Yes they are.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:08 pm
one game where when I came back to it and it was harder was golden eye rogue agent. Also dragon ball z tenkaichi 2, but thats because its controls are complex and original. Also on 007 nightfire I used to win constantly, I even did a 180 noscope with a sniper rifle when my brother was a dot on the screen once lol. But now its whoever gets the rocketlauncher wins lol. I loved being a kid though exploring new games trying to best someone when you dont know the environment well.

Also once I was crazy and playing final fantasy 9, I swear my bro tried to get it to work (cd is scratched) like 20 times and On my first try I act wierd putting it in then it worked lol. And I was crazy at the time, so mind you, I was using zidane saying 'What's That!!!' to bosses even if it didnt work. And I thought after the levels started to get trippy and s**t was that all of the abilities were changing over time making it an impossible game, like jelly prevents stone or something as an auto ability, and I thought itd change over time to something like, reduces physical damage, or something. God I was whacked lol, but Im sure now itd be easier lol.

Also me being older, of course games like ninja gaiden 2 and 3 are going to be much simpler for me, same with battletoads. Yup nintendo games those are. I can never beat level 11 or 12, 11 is harder. But as a kid I could never make it past level 3. Not in a thousand years as a kid lol.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Gamers Unite [[Gaming Discussion Forum]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces