Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I got a new baby rat! :3 (PICTURES AND VIDEOS)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

imabadspeler

Magnetic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:30 pm
He's so cute. Video will be posted sooon!!!

EDIT:
He is a baby. I feel really bad taking him away but he was in a 10 gallon tank at the petstore with about 8 other babies waiting to be sold as food ):

He is really really withdrawn in the cage because he misses his old cage mates. ): I do have two ADULT rats so once he gets a smidge bigger I will be able to introduce him to my boys. :3

User Image

He appears to be a boy. His "holes" are far apart. if he is a female I have a home lined up for him :3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01 pm
I love how the first three topics are about rats lol.

How dare you tease us with this information and not come baring photos! crying  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

imabadspeler

Magnetic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:31 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
I love how the first three topics are about rats lol.

How dare you tease us with this information and not come baring photos! crying

VIDEO SORRY I FORGOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6kNelYpcA4  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:00 am
also if you wouldn't mind liking and commenting on the video smile

haha thanks <3

also feel free to leave suggestions or like if im doing anything wrong. I think I got rat ownership down though lol.  

imabadspeler

Magnetic Prophet

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:57 pm
I love how many times you say he's cute lol. You don't need to tell me! heart

edit: do adult males not like babies? I introed Blaze and Aida when Blaze was all of 8 weeks old.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:08 pm
Males dont take to babies like females do. Introductions have to be slow and gentle. And you will be able to tell its a boy at 6-8 weeks of age. Females can get preggo at 5 weeks of age and you can tell that its a girl. She will raise her butt in front of the males. My Female Dumbo does it to my Males when I have her out and they are in their cage. Plus Females have 3 holes.  

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500

imabadspeler

Magnetic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 am
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Males dont take to babies like females do. Introductions have to be slow and gentle. And you will be able to tell its a boy at 6-8 weeks of age. Females can get preggo at 5 weeks of age and you can tell that its a girl. She will raise her butt in front of the males. My Female Dumbo does it to my Males when I have her out and they are in their cage. Plus Females have 3 holes.

Thanks for the tips!

I have been slowly introducing them. I keep his cage out on my bed when I take my big boys out so they can smell him and stuff. I am waiting until he gets a bit bigger. I think my boy clamor will bond with him well.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 am
Congrats on your new addition! He's so cute! ♥  

CrissAngelLover12345

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm
imabadspeler
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Thanks for the tips!

I have been slowly introducing them. I keep his cage out on my bed when I take my big boys out so they can smell him and stuff. I am waiting until he gets a bit bigger. I think my boy clamor will bond with him well.

You are welcome. I do intros in the bath tub during bath time. No new smells at all because they are clean so they get to play together. I have two HUGE hairless rats and will be getting another male this month or next month. Im going to start breeding rats. The rats that people get from pet stores arent socialize and have been a problem. So Im breeding for the love of rats and offer rat loving people a chance to own a socialize, well care for, and vet check rat. If you need anything at all like questions or advice you can message me on here.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games