Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Petition for Release of Christian Convicted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:10 am
Petition for Release of Christian Convicted of Blasphemy Reaches Half a Million

[Working link(s) April 21st 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:50 am
Update: Paris offering to welcome Asia Bibi’s family
Posted by Madeeha Bakhsh On April 11, 2016

Paris has offered to welcome the family of Asia Bibi- an international newspaper reports.

In keeping with details, an international newspaper has published a report in which Asia Bibi is quoted saying that Paris has offered to house her battered family. According to a message from Asia Bibi; which was conveyed by her husband Ashiq Masih, Asia Bibi has offered gratitude to France. Seeing the escalating danger for the Christian family in their own homeland, France had offered to provide shelter to them

In a message which, Ashiq Masih had conveyed after visiting Asia Bibi in the jail, Asia Bibi is quoted as saying, “My prison cell has no windows and day and night are the same to me, but if I am still holding on today it is thanks to everyone who is trying to help me. When my husband showed me the photographs of people I have never met drinking a glass of water for me, my heart overflowed.

Ashiq told me that the city of Paris is offering to welcome our family. I send my deepest thanks to you Madam Mayor, and to all the kind people of Paris and across the world. You are my only hope of staying alive in this dungeon, so please don’t abandon me. I did not commit blasphemy.”

50-year-old, Asia Bibi has been on death row since she was convicted of committed blasphemy. She was accused of committing blasphemy in June 2009 by her fellow-workers. In 2010, Session’s Court in District Nankana, ruled capital punishment for Asia Bibi. Her defence lawyers filed an appeal against the decision while she remained in police custody since then. However, on July 22, the Supreme Court of Pakistan temporarily halted her execution, citing a lack of evidence against her.

Asia Bibi enjoys the title of Pakistan’s most famous prisoner, is the only woman in Pakistan who is on death row. As she linger’s along, waiting for a hearing date at the Supreme Court of Pakistan for an appeal against her death sentence, life has become no less than tribulation for her.

Source  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas