I Want To Be Able To Have My Cake, And Eat It Too. D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctor Phyllis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:47 pm
So i have an issue....
I have been with this guy for like four years now, I have even lived with him a few times but lately he has been bugging me and I dunno.
He talks about stuff that I don't care about like cars and redneck crap.
I don't care. =/
Then he is also really awesome, like he buys stuff for me, does anything that I want.
Always there for me, isn't a douche bag.
Best boyfriend ever, actually we are engaged.
We got together when I was 16, I am now 19.
I hate his family, and i cant stand being around them.
I have it in my head that they hate me too.
Well anyway, in recent years I finally got pretty, and I have a ton of guys hitting on me and I ******** love all of the new attention.
And there are a few that are like really really really cute.
Now I'm worried that I'm wasting my youth on this one guy and not living life you know? =/
what if I miss out?
Thing is I have the perfect boyfriend, but I still want to party.
WHY CANT I HAVE THE CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!?! //_-
You only live this life once. I don't want to miss out.
And I don't want to ******** up.
What if my boyfriend is the one and I ******** it up by breaking it off...
I dunno, help and advice is very much needed.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:55 am
I was with my (now ex)bf for over four years. I felt like I needed to do things for myself for a while so I talked to him about it and we ended it. Things were good for the most part, but there were a few problems here and there plus the overwhelming urge that I had to want to do things on my own. Now, we're still friends but I sometimes question my decision. I still have him around as one of my best guy friends and I have the time for myself that I want/need. Though, the only negative to it all so far is that he has told me that he doubts that we will ever get back together, no matter how things go with everything else. I am okay with that for the most part, but at times I wonder if I may have made a mistake.

Anyways, my point in that entire thing was, make sure that you know what you want before you decide on something. If you aren't happy in your situation then change it, but if you are, you should really weigh the pros with the cons and see which you think you would prefer. Nothing is going to be certain, but you have to decide if it's worth the risk or not. In the end what's best over all is what is best for you.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Hersheydudette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:52 pm
Frantic's got some good advice. I was kind of in your position... I was with someone I liked being with but wasn't sure if I wanted to be with, and there were some cute guys I stood a chance with and wanted to check out. The thing you have to keep in mind is that cute doesn't mean a lot in the long run. Cute isn't what lets two people spend time together and how someone treats you. Cute is just what you see when you look at someone. Don't give up something you know is great just to go after something that looks good. If you're unhappy in your relationship or want to end it for a reason other than just thinking someone's cute, fine, and if someone's more than cute and really kind and you want to give him a shot too, fine. Just be careful.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 pm
Oh my goodness...YOU TOO!!!!

I feel that same way about my boyfriend. I have been with him for at least 4 years now...and he is like the only real boyfriend I have ever had.We split up for a while and I created a P.O.F account as well as an OkCupid account online. I have so many guys interested in me. Problem is I am not interested in any of them.After I made these profiles I ended up getting back together with my bf. When I was not involved with him I felt kinda lost and sad and it was then that I knew other guys did not matter. I am not missing anything. I have only had sex with 2 guys and the first guy did not care anything for me.So I figure there is nothing else out there in the range of men. If I want to spend another 5 years building another relationship then I would end what I have now but I may not have that 5 years to find love all over again.And you could argue that you may not have another 2 years to live your life how you want.I am only telling you from what I feel and what I know to be true.I know that right now I have someone who loves me and wants to marry me.I don't know if I will ever find that again.So what I have now is worth more to me than going out and living some wild fantasies I may have.But the funny thing is my bf is giving me a hall pass while he is away at training in the Air Force.lol He told me while he is gone I am allowed to do whatever I want with whom ever I want. rofl

So if you take anything from my story I would hope that you keep what you have because it is too precious to let go of.Love is always better than lust. Especially when your Fiance was there for you all the time and the other guys only took interest in you when you changed in your appearance. Ask yourself what will the others do if you all of sudden stopped looking so appealing? And don't worry about his family they can kick rocks.My bf's family I hate them as well and I have made it up in my mind they hate me as well. whee Now ask me if I care? My relationship is not with his family it's with him.

Pseudoyoyomi

Sparkly Demigod

14,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Flatterer 200
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items