Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Dungeon
Hallway To The Basement Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:47 am
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor started to feel even more hazy, as he limped towards the basement. All he needed to do...was rest. Just, rest and he'd be fine. He felt some moisture on his head, but ignored it, it was probably just his head playing tricks on him. Gazing at the basement, he weakly limped towards it, just...needed to rest.

Just...rest...

I feel pained you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I...I feel sick."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "THIS TAKE PLACE IN FUTURE EVENTS. Exit to Basement." Out of character.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:27 pm
        User ImageUser Image

As Autumn walked down the steps and down the hallway, she spoke in a slightly quieter tone, since it wasn't as loud as it was in and near the Great Hall, "The Hufflepuff common room is tucked in a corner near the kitchens, right behind one of the barrels. I will go into more details about how to get in it, and I will show you as well. Make sure to remember it though, because if you tap on the wrong barrel or get the password wrong, you'll get doused in a tiny bit of vinegar." And by "a tiny bit", she meant an entire barrel-full of it.

{ooc; next post at Hufflepuff Common Room -- i will post in roughly 13 hours}

Kai Sparrowheart
                                      PropertyofGaara
                                      Tr3AcL3 TarT
                                      murruelecreuset
                                      Rawwry
                                      snarechicks are cool
                                      Voracious Voxy
                                      Cara MiaKitty

_____________________ _ _ _ _____________________

* * * A S M I L E I S P R I C E L E S S

B U T S O M E T I M E S . . .

A T E A R M I G H T H O L D M O R E M E A N I N G

✿ ✿ ✿

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:04 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Great Hall Entrance -> Hallway to the Basement

As they followed Autumn both Alice and Jasper listened intensely to what she was saying. "That's certainly an interesting place for a room." Alice commented. Jasper nodded at her comment before dreading the idea of getting the wrong password. "Why do I get the feeling she means more than a little bit of vinegar?" Jasper asked suddenly. "Oh don't be silly Jazz, they wouldn't seriously do that would they?" Alice asked getting a shrug in response. Little did she realize how truthful Autumn was being.

(Exit to Hufflepuff Common Room)

Wearing: School Robes

Wearing: School Robes

With: Each other... first years, and Autumn
OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:28 pm
Like a, like a, like a bullet train
Moving like the speed of sound
Feet can't keep on the ground
Can't stay in one place
Keep moving like a bullet train
'Cause I can't stop time
You keep blurring in my mind

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Fifth Year - Hufflepuff - Prefect -
[feeling: awkward as all-get-out] [thinking: ...] [with: First Years] [at: Basement Hallway]

Uriel walked through the darkened hallway, lit only by the glimmering torches. He kept glancing back at the first years and counting them again to make sure they were all still following along. He didn't say anything, since there wasn't really much to say. He trusted them to be observant enough to take not of where they were headed.

If you can't do something smart, do something right.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

mc2

Violet the Maestro

And space is undefined
These tracks left behind
We can't stay the same
Can't stop this train
I can't find the brakes
On this bullet train
'Cause I can't stop

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:30 pm
Are you really here, or just in my mind?
Can you feel the fear, of what lies behind their eyes?
They came from the walls; they tortured us all...
And drove us away from our home!
Here in the night, they are calling my name.
I no longer know what is wrong or right...
But I know I am losing this game.
What can I do; what can I say?

They don't know: Nervous
If it wasn't for you: ...
We would never run away: First Years
But away we go: Hallway

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | C H A S E R | F I F T H Y E A R | P R E F E C T User Image

Elsie was usually quite comfortable walking down the dimly lit hallway, but for some reason she was ridiculously uneasy leading the first years down it. It wasn't that she thought she'd get lost leading them, but it was still a lot of pressure! Was she going slow enough? Did they know where they were? She didn't want to be responsible for any of them not being to able to get to their own common room.

I KNOW WHAT TO DO, I KNOW WHAT TO SAY, AND I WILL NOT RUN AWAY.

Mystic Lunar

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

By the garden gate, I sit with my sisters.
I just hope it's not too late, for my mother and father.
Shall we go back inside; there is no reason to hide.
We can fight and take back our home here in the night!
They say when the wolves come out of the walls...
That it's all over, but it's not all over, 'cause we won't go!
Here in the night, they are crying in pain, and I know...
Everything is not alright, so we shall not fight in vain.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:59 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          Looking Modest at the Basement Hallway with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ How difficult can it be? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Aиđ тħe g ı я ł тħαт ¢ħαšeđ тħe я α в в ı т , ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          đяαиκ тħe ω ı и e, αиđ тøøκ тħe ρ ı ł ł ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Hαš ł ø ¢ κ e đ ħeяšełf ıи ł ı м в ø ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxx
                                                          тø šee ħøω ıт т я υ ł ч f e e ł š ◊ ◊ ◊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLorelei had decided that her first step in the attempt to discover all of the secret passages her half-brother had told her about was to find the kitchens. He had given her the general location and a hint or two for each of the individual entrances, but had said nothing about the kitchens. Apparently, getting into them was child's play, and he thought she was 'clever enough to figure it out without his holding her hand.' While some people might have been annoyed at him for this, she found it actually made her somewhat fond of the older man; he had faith in her intelligence. And, he hadn't been wrong; she'd only started her search since receiving his owl that morning, and already she had the general location down. She just had to figure the rest out. She was planning on observing the hallway, watching for anyone acting suspiciously, listening to see if anyone mentioned the kitchens. Anything that she could observe that would help. It couldn't be that difficult; Les had made it sound as though it was quite easy. Apparently any student who didn't find the kitchens, it was simply because they didn't try. So, since she was trying, clearly she should have it figured out soon enough. And according to her brother, if you got in, you could ask the kitchen staff, made up of creatures called 'House-Elves', she'd read, to make you something to eat, and they would oblige, hence why finding the kitchen was such a popular quest among students. Frankly, she'd quite like to find it, just so that she could use the space to study and eat. She always did best at studying if she had something to snack on during. The noise wouldn't bother her overmuch, so long as it wasn't music. If the House-Elves broke out into a musical number, she might have a problem. Music was distracting; she wanted to focus on it, listen. Discordant sounds required no such attention.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◊ ◊ ◊ Tø š т α и đ ø υ т š ı đ e чøυя ν ı я т υ e
                                                          xxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ Nø øиe ¢αи e ν e я ħ υ я т ч ø υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ O я š ø т ħ e ч š α ч . . .

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:48 pm
I’m just a believer
That things will get better
Some can take it or leave it
But I don’t wanna let it go
User ImageXXXXXXUser Image

мυɢɢℓєвσяиє sιиɢℓє υиcσиғιиє∂

Gia had been wanting to explore since her first night in the castle but unfortunately, life kept getting in the way. First there were the classes, which she didn't completely mind since it was the main reason she had come to a school of all things, then it was homework, again, something she thought would occur, but her slip up was that she hadn't understood just how much time both the classes and the homework would take up. And then to top all of it off was the horrible practically medieval way that they (she supposed she should start saying "we") used! Quills and parchment. Part of her wanted to know where they got all the dratted feathers to make them but most of her being really didn't want to know or really didn't care. All she knew was she was more than a little grateful that her dad had still insisted on making her pack her regular school supplies into her trunk "just in case." She wasn't sure if she got points taken off for writing in pen or on notebook paper but dammit, after a day or so of trying to take notes on rough arse parchment she had called it quits. She'd write out the formal reports on the stuff but everything else was good old paper and pen.

She had gotten off track. Literally. Where the hell was she? Gia looked around at her surroundings noting that she wasn't in the usual hallway towards (or away from depending on your direction) the dungeons but a completely different one. She supposed this would be the one towards the Hufflepuff dorm since she knew that theirs was also down in the dungeon. The Italian was about to turn back when she spotted a portrait of some ladies having a tea party. That alone wouldn't have made her pause but it was the fact that she could actually see the steam raising from the tea cups and even see the soft breeze from the way the grass moved in the background made her instantly curious. Which, unfortunately for the portrait, was a terrible thing. She immediately pulled out her multi-tool screwdriver and began wedging it in between the surface of the wall and the frame of the portrait. The ladies were a bit confused by her actions and began questioning her but she couldn't hear them, she never could, not when she got into a project. It was only when she found she couldn't actually pry the portrait from the wall did she finally hear their screeching and rolled her eyes. "Egads, you'd think I had just defecated on your newborn child the way you women are harping." Apparently this was the wrong thing to say to civilized witches who had been enjoying a nice tea time since they started back on their loud vehement protests and insults against her womanhood while she just turned around to walk away because honestly, she didn't have to stand there and take that. Especially from a portrait. A severely outdated one as well judging by the style of their dresses and parasols. Although for all she knew that could've been drawn last month with out behind the times wizards were.

Gia had just started walking again when she finally came across someone familiar and recognized her to be Lorelei. The other girl wasn't bad, a bit quiet but that wasn't odd or a terrible quality, and she certainly wasn't as snobbish as a certain female roommate she could mention. Besides that, she looked like she knew where she was going which was exactly what she needed at the moment. "Lorelei! I hope I'm not imposing on some wondrous adventure. And if I am do you mind if I joined? The most exciting thing I've done today was get chewed out by a bunch of women in dresses at least two centuries out of style." she said with a small smirk.

Cara MiaKitty
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Casual △Where ~Hallway △With ~Lori △What ~Not destroying school property △OOC ~
I’ve never been that lucky
I’ve never tasted fame
I’m always lookin’ for something
But I hate changin’

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:35 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          Looking Modest at the Basement Hallway with Gia
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceLori offered a small smile to her housemate as Gia approached, shaking her head. "I wouldn't say you're interrupting anything, no. Certainly nothing wondrous, anyway. My half-brother told me there were a few secret passageways scattered about the castle and challenged me to find them; I decided to start at the bottom and work my way up, difficulty-wise. Apparently a blind mouse could find the kitchens," she told the other girl, her gaze leaving her to sweep the hallway once more. "At present, I am just observing, looking for some hint as to where it could be. I've narrowed the location down to this hallway, but I'm not sure where in the hallway it is as of yet. Considering the entrance to our Common Room is a blank wall, I imagine it could be anything." Lori was quite grateful she was as observant as she was, otherwise she was sure she'd have lost the Common Room entrance many times by now. It was rather innocuous, after all. She wasn't sure who had made that decision; apparently the Gryffindor entrance was behind a painting of some sort? She had sort of half been trying to figure it out, just for curiosity's sake. She didn't really have any reason to want to get in, but, that it was guarded by a portrait was certainly interesting.

spaceThe Slytherin paused then, and blinked at her roommate. "Are you talking about the ladies having teatime? They're an odd bunch, to be sure. Makes me wonder who exactly they are, that they warranted having their portrait done and enchanted, to say nothing of it being on display here. I'd be very interested in finding out how exactly consciousness is supposed to be ported into a depiction of a person, in any case. It's probably quite fascinating... Not that I'm going to get a straight answer out of anyone here." At this, her nose wrinkled in distaste, clearly frustrated. Lorelei swore, if she had one more bloody upperclassman blow her question off by waving their hand and saying 'It's magic,' she was going to use her wand as a stabbing implement. It was infuriating, honestly! She didn't want 'It's magic,' she wanted a real, honest bloody explanation, with details and logic and reason! She was willing to suspend her own disbelief enough to buy magic, yes, but there had to be some sort of explanation for how the hell it worked, dammit! Les had been quite helpful, providing her with several sources to read up on, but so far, there wasn't much in the explanation of how it actually worked, just answers on how best to use it. "If you're having trouble with this spell, try this." Which was well and bloody good, and had helped her quite a bit, but why the hell had it helped her? She swore she was going to go insane if she didn't get some decent answers.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:29 pm
I’m just a believer

Gia hummed in contemplation as Lorelei explained what she was doing in the dungeon hall which sounded like more of an adventure than she was giving credit. She gave nothing away to show her surprise at hearing that the other girl had a half-brother and just filed it away to bring up whenever. She did snort when she spoke of how difficult it might be to find this hidden entryway into the kitchens considering that their own entrance to their House was hidden behind a blank wall. "I'd say ask a ghost but I've yet to actually run into one besides that poltergeist and I'm willing to bet he'd be about as helpful as a cricket bat in a typhoon." she told the other girl dryly looking around at the walls to see if a sudden mutant power of being able to see through walls would activate. Seeing nothing happen she had to conclude that there was no other hidden power within her, bar the obvious "magic" and just kept looking the normal way. She supposed that if the kitchens were to be hidden they wouldn't exactly hide them behind something obvious like a portrait of a chef or maybe a painting of an actual kitchen. It very well could be hidden by a brick wall just like their common room. Or...perhaps a completely unrelated portrait to through people off? Like of a knight, or a fat pony, or maybe even a dragon. Decisions decisions...

Gia was pulled from her contemplation by her housemate asking if her earlier interaction was with the painting of the women having tea leading her to assume that Lorelei might have also been a target of their ire. Although she was sure she hadn't earned it quite the same way she had. Her comments about figuring out their consciousness and personal depictions surprised her since she felt like she was the only one actually curious by how magic did things. She knew some things were just instinctively magic but there were others where magic just didn't cover all the squares. For instance, what else besides magic kept these portraits and armor up to the same magical levels as they were when they were first crafted? Were they up to par from the tume they were first created? Did someone have to come by and add or redo their charms like charging a battery? Nothing in the library answered these questions and none of their bloody classmates did either. If she asked an upper years she was lucky to get a bemused expression and a shrug saying it was "just magic mate." Other times if the unlucky person was someone from her own house she got a sneer and a contemptuous look before they muttered something about mudbloods and walked away or just walked away without saying anything. Either way she was left with more questions and absolutely nothing to answer them with. "'Odd' is the nicest word I didn't think to give them. Screwy being the one that popped up more than once." she said with a slight smirk. "I was, am, also curious by the states of these portraits and even some of the suits of armor. Part of the reason I gained that particular portrait's displeasure was that I was trying to pry it off the walls and see how it ticked. If it ticked actually. Certainly better than slapping a sparkly sticker that just said "Magic!" and calling it a day." she said with a slight grumble at her words pulling out her multi-tool to show off.

Cara MiaKitty

I’ve never tasted fame
But I hate changin’

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:22 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceLori shook her head at Gia's suggestion that she ask a ghost; that seemed far too simple, after all. She could think of a few who'd probably tell her, no problem, but why should she make it easy for herself? Some of the other passages, perhaps, but if this one was supposed to be so easy, she was more interested in the challenge than taking the simplest route. "I imagine a few of them would be very helpful. The Fat Friar and Sir Nicholas would be the best bets, I imagine. But, considering that Leslie made it sound like child's play to find, I think it'd be more... fun, to try and find it without actively seeking assistance." The brunette paused, thinking that perhaps her methods were somewhat against the supposed code of her house; they were supposed to be ambitious and cunning, after all. Was it displaying a lack of those traits to actively make this more difficult on herself? She didn't know; but, she liked to challenge herself, and asking help would make this too easy, unless the ghost was particularly unhelpful. "You're welcome to join, if you like? I wouldn't consider it making things needlessly easy, considering as far as I know, you're also unaware of the location." She smiled at her housemate, reasoning that logically, it'd be best to have some help. Not from someone who was already aware, obviously, but a second brain to help do the thinking, who might approach it from a different angle than she did, couldn't hurt.

spaceThe Slytherin pursed her lips to hide her amusement at Gia's comment on the portrait's inhabitants. That the other girl had attempted to remove it from the wall in order to figure out how it 'worked' was interesting, as well. It was certainly nice to know that she wasn't alone in her frustration with the lack of explanation. Honestly, when she said 'sparkly sticker,' Lori could've kissed her, she was so happy to have someone thinking along the same lines she did. She was finally unable to contain her glee, a wide grin breaking out on her face, and she nodded enthusiastically. "It's so frustrating, right? I understand that magic is the how, but how does magic work? It's as though no one ever bothered to sit down and try and figure it out, they just accepted that it was the way things were and left it at that! Are there no wizard scientists? Honestly." Her expression grew contemplative then, and she tilted her head to the side, thinking. "I think all the portraits have a sticking charm on them? I imagine that's some sort of manipulation of kinetic energy, or friction. The spell makes the surfaces have so much friction, they can't be separated. Or, it could be suction. There are any number of ways physics could be applied in that case." Her exasperation at the lack of study hadn't been exaggerated for anyone's benefit; the fact that no one had tried to reconcile magic and science was utterly baffling to her. Then again, wizards were still writing with quills, on parchment. Ugh. Had they never heard of a ball point? Seriously.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:35 pm
I’m just a believer

Gia hmm'd as Lori explained that she didn't want to ask the ghosts based on the supposed uncomplicated route to the kitchens from the mouth of her older half brother...who's name she guessed was Leslie. She didn't snicker outwardly while she did do so inward; poor guy probably got his arse kicked in primary with a name like that. She gave a true small grin when the other girl told her she was welcome to join on her expedition and did give a small laugh as she rationalized that she also didn't know the location. "How do you know I don't? I could just lead you around before I get bored and 'accidentally' have you trip upon the entryway." she said doing air quotes on the world "accidentally" with a sly look on her face. "I actually don't since I'm pretty sure I would've already been in there bothering whoever runs the kitchens and generally making a nuisance of myself so honestly you're helping me out just as well." she countered herself with a light nonchalant shrug. The Italian girl just hoped she didn't overstay her welcome before they could find the ever elusive kitchens.

She followed the other girl's lead still paying close attention to any walls they walked pass taking to knocking against them with her still out multi-tool. She was about to resort to randomly kicking statues and armor when Lori spoke up again agreeing with her annoyance of the wizarding world and their dependence on the ever present answer "it's magic!" At the term "wizard scientist" her mouth split into the widest grin since receiving the news of her status back in July. That just sounded like the coolest job ever! "You ever have those 'struck by lightning' moments? Because I swear 'wizard scientist' just gave me one, that's brilliant!" Gia told her emphatically. She had no idea what she would have to do or classes she would have to focus in to make it work but she'd figure it out. After all, there was still six years left of schooling; she was sure she'd get her answer somewhere. At the notion that the paintings might have a sticking charm the muggleborn opened her mouth to ask how exactly might the charm work when Lorelei continued on mentioning manipulation of kinetic energy and or friction surprising her so much she stumbled for a brief second. Holy s**t she might have a new best friend. "That has to be the smartest and most reasonable answer I've heard yet. And I don't hand out compliments like that easily. The last person I called 'smart' was a six year old who tripped me on the playground telling me girls had 'girl germs.' Granted it was done with complete sarcasm but you get my gist." She turned onto a new hallway and spotted something a bit different from what they had been walking past for a while. A giant portrait of fruit. Someone either had serious patience or was seriously demented to want to paint fruit of that size. But then, so was the person who put it here in the first place!

Cara MiaKitty

I’ve never tasted fame
But I hate changin’

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:02 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceLori stared at Gia for a moment, trying to discern if the girl was making fun of her or not. After a pause, she figured she likely was, but it was probably in fun, not her being unkind. "Well, as I said, if you know the location, I'm unaware of that. I suppose I shouldn't assume as much. Exactly how long would you have let me stumble about, do you think? I find I'm very patient; were the roles reversed, I might have had you down here a few hours," the Slytherin said, offering her housemate a wicked sort of grin. She didn't think she ever would have actually done that to Gia... some of their other housemates, perhaps. "Leslie mentioned that the kitchens are run by magical creatures. They're called House-Elves. From my readings, I would say that the Scottish stories about brownies are based on them. You know, the little fairies that are supposed to help clean your house? That's apparently basically what House-Elves do." Lori was somewhat glad that Les had warned her about the creatures; she didn't like being caught off-guard, and from his description, she definitely would have been by them when she'd finally made her way into the kitchens. It was sort of nice to know that the guy was doing his best to help her and not just leaving her to the dogs, so to speak. She didn't know why he cared so much. Honestly, she'd expected him to blow her off when she'd written the first letter; she was his father's b*****d after all.

spaceThe Slytherin was somewhat taken aback by Gia's enthusiastic response to her comment, but nonetheless pleased. It was nice to have some level of validation. Not that she doubted herself, really, but around here, when she knew so little compared to some others, it was hard to remember that she was actually a smart person. She kept reminding herself that she wasn't less intelligent, just less informed. But when someone looked at her like she was mental for not knowing something, it was sort of frustrating, and she had a serious problem with frustration. Namely that it came far too easily to her, and that it tended to make her give up quickly when confronted with a problem. "From what I've gathered, there doesn't seem to have been much progression in magical society. New spells are invented, but, they haven't had any sort of huge boost in technology or anything the way that non-magical people have in the last century or so." Lori didn't want to say that the wizards were still stuck in the Dark Ages... but they were absolutely stuck in the Dark Ages. "It's magic" wasn't just a lazy answer; it completely removed the need for any sort of study or advancement. Which was quite annoying, when you got down to it.

spaceStill, Lori was not used to receiving compliments from anyone but her stepfather, who handed them out with such frequency that she was all but immune to them. So, when Gia complimented her, and so genuinely, the first year couldn't control the heat that spread to her cheeks. She glanced down at her feet and swallowed. "Oh, um. Thank you," she replied, not really sure what to say in response. Technically she felt she should repay the girl with a compliment in turn, but Gia had done nothing to warrant it, so it would come off as disingenuous. Flustered, Lori tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, then looked back up to the other girl. "So. Um. Shall we?" she asked, and then she started walking, no where in particular and with no thought as to what exactly they would do to try and locate the kitchens. She just wanted distance between herself and the compliment.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:54 pm
I’m just a believer

Gia chuckled as her new friend reversed her words back onto. "Mio Dio I would've gone crazy after fifteen minutes. It amazes me I'm not off my rocker now with how long I've been walking around down here." she said with a snort. Hearing about who actually ran the kitchens, her eyebrows shot up in surprise when really they shouldn't considering all that she was learning about this world. If unicorns, dragons, and apparently vampires and werewolves were real, why weren't elves? She briefly wondered if there were any dwarves or elves reminiscent of Lord of the Rings in this world as well and made a point to research it at a later date. She also wondered if there were hobbit-like creatures as well. There was a class all about magical creatures, maybe she would take it in her third year, which was a really stupid thing in her opinion. To have to wait until her third year to take a class that could make her first two years of schooling so much easier. There were some classes she could understand that having a firm grasp on the basics would be needed but Mythology? Care of Magical Creatures? Art?! It was just too much! Maybe if they protested they would move them down a year. But then seeing how complacent most magic wielders were with the way things were (for God's sake there was torches on the walls, torches!) she couldn't expect much.

Gia just shook her head in disgust as Lori seemed to have psychic abilities and continued on her train of thought of how wizards were still stuck waaaay behind the times. It confused and disturbed her that there were bright enough people in the world to actually have the knowledge and power to manipulate magic to do their bidding to create new spells, but it also disgusted her that none of these bright people dared tried to figure out how a light bulb worked. Or bring non-refillable ink pens into the world. Or for the love of Christ get a damned heater! Heating charms, torches, and your own wardrobe could only do so much against the chill of the dark dungeons. She was about to comment on just that when she noticed her friend had fallen quiet and looked to see a blush overtaking her face must to her confusion. Was it from her compliment? Sure she didn't take it that close to heart? She hadn't been lying when she said it'd been nearly four years since calling someone intelligent but it didn't require that sort of reaction. Was her home life poor? She kept bringing up her half-brother so there had to be some strife there. And he was clearly older than her if he was sharing so much about the school, much older since she was sure they would've ran into him by now if he was still a student. Did she not get any compliments at home? She couldn't go anywhere without her father singing her praises in their small community and as much as it sometimes (a lot of the times) embarrassed her it also warmed her that she had at least one parent that gave a damn. Maybe the other girl didn't have that. When she started walking almost in the opposite direction than where the Italian was going she decided to not only compliment her new friend more but also put her questions about her familial life on the back burner. Jesus, she was going to need a chef's kitchen with all the questions she was delaying herself. "Sure sure, I was just...I can't say 'admire' without feeling that the earth would swallow me whole for such a blatant lie, but observe seems alright. I'm just observing this very detailed painting of a fruit bowl....I'm going to touch it." Gia said randomly walking over to the painting actually putting away her tool (the painting was much too large for her small frame to try and take off the wall anyway) and lightly brushed her fingers against the paint trying to figure out if it was oil or acrylic, honestly she could barely tell which from which, when the oddest thing happened: one of the fruit giggled. The ********.

Cara MiaKitty

I’ve never tasted fame
But I hate changin’

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:08 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceLori grinned at her housemate, nodding in agreement. "It's like a maze down here," she said, shaking her head. Luckily, she had a fairly decent sense of direction, so she hadn't gotten lost as of yet. Though, she had no doubt that she would once she started properly exploring. It was a miracle that any of the students could find their way to their lessons. "Actually, the whole castle is like a maze. Makes me wonder why first years at least aren't given maps or something." Especially considering that some members of the staff, like Professor Hill, would lock you out of his lesson if you were late. Of course, his class wasn't as difficult to get to as some others, since it was outdoors. It wasn't hard to find the greenhouses once you made it outside. Making it outside, though, could be a challenge, depending on where you were coming from.

spaceThe Slytherin saw the look on Gia's face in response to her blush, and so was incredibly grateful when the other girl dropped it. She'd been afraid for a moment that she would say something, or ask about it, and Lori didn't like discussing things like that with people she didn't know. Emerson was her only confidant in regards to things of that nature; she didn't trust anyone else. Not even her mother, really. Charlotte had a habit of telling Lori to grow thicker skin, belittling her for her insecurity under the guise of caring and 'wanting what was best.' Only her dad could be trusted to sympathize and try to make her feel better.

spaceLori blinked oddly when the painting giggled, and then her eyes narrowed. "Hm. You know, if I were going to hide the entrance to a kitchen, and I weren't overly concerned with keeping it a secret... I would most certainly put the door behind a painting of food of some sort," she murmured, approaching the painting behind Gia and reaching out. The brunette's fingers barely brushed the surface, gaining the same reaction when she touched the pear, and then she moved to the edge of the painting, looking at where it met the wall. "There could almost certainly be a door behind this," she informed her housemate, running her fingers underneath the edge. Brown eyes met those of her new friend, and she nodded simply. "Try it again? See if you can get more of a reaction from it. Perhaps it'll tell us more about how to get in." Lori meanwhile placed her cheek against the wall, looking at the place where the frame was against it, noting that there was definitely a gap that wasn't present with the others; she assumed this was because of the sticking charms that were holding the others up. This one, however, was different. She'd have to investigate the other portraits that she knew were hiding doors to see if this was a consistent thing or not.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:35 pm
I’m just a believer

Gia wholeheartedly agreed with the suggestion that first years should be given a map. She didn't know if they did it to make them build character or that they assumed that the older years would be generous and give them a helping hand. They must've forgotten that most teens were generally dramatic asses too wrapped up in their hormones to help a first year make it to History on time. Or even the right wing it's supposed to be in. That had been a fun day. She turned to face Lorelei as she speculated that hiding the entrance to the kitchen might be behind a giant portrait of food, thought about for a second, and then groaned and planted her face in her hand. Of. Freaking. Course. "I want it known that when you right your brother detailing him of your findings that I curse this school and the imbecilli who decorated it." she muttered. She wanted to try prying it themselves, mainly because trying to make the picture laugh again reminded her of those pervs her father warned her about at the kiddie parks. "I'll see what I can do. It was kinda by accident last time." she informed the other girl with a slightly sheepish shrug before returning her attention back to the painting. With slightly more urgency she began to run her fingers over the paint trying to find the source of the giggling finding it when she grazed the pear. With a soft noise of triumph she began to tickle the pear (which honestly sounded like a term for wanking if she was perfectly honest) and was amazed when the clearly observable painted pair changed into a doorknob. For a second the muggleborn just stared at it before waving her hand to get her housemate's attention. "Sometimes magic both astounds and annoys me." Gia said sagely before slowly grabbing the doorknob and twisting it seeing the portrait pop open to reveal a doorway. Well that was...anticlimactic. "After you grand lead explorer." she said turning to Lorelei with a small smirk and flourishing hand.

Cara MiaKitty

Casual △Where ~Hallway △With ~Lori △What ~Not destroying school property △OOC ~badpostisbad >.<
I’ve never tasted fame
But I hate changin’

The Dungeon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items