Welcome to Gaia! ::

Christians In Gaia

Back to Guilds

Open to everyone who wants to share their love for Jesus or even convert themselves into Christians. 

Tags: Jesus, Catholic, Religion, Holy, Bible 

Reply Main Forum
I don't know what to do Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neutral0rgy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:59 pm
Hello. I need some help. I've been an evangelical Christian for years but recently in the past few months I converted over into Catholicism and am still in that process. I feel so distant from Jesus. The bible I want it to breathe life Into me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, mylife is so dull even though I pray. I want to have Jesus in my life like I did before and I am so confused so if someone would care to help me out that would be great. God bless please pray for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:18 pm
I can't tell you what's right. But I can tell you that if I was trying to convert over to something and stopped feeling God's love and lost the connection that I had with him, I would stop right there and turn tail. If you had a good connection to God in the first place, why did you feel the need to convert to Catholicism in the first place, if I might ask?  

kita44

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Neutral0rgy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:06 am
I was initially trying to find more ways to express my dedication for god and even before I converted, I feel empty like I do now.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:36 pm
He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I will be nothing.

gaia_angelleft You have to complete the sacrament of Eucharist or communion. You shall feel the changes. The I know when I feel down about things I know that I should go to confession and then communion. Once I receive those sacraments I feel so much better. The weight of darkness lifts. gaia_angelright

But, with Christ, HE strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:36 pm
I say this for truth's sake, not to offend: the Catholic way of worship is vain; it uses pagan customs such as the use of idols (statues and depictions of created things—of angels and human beings—which he tells us not to do), but also the use of prayer beads. Did you start worshipping differently? as in, using images? or using a rosary? Like I mentioned we're not suppose to use images, nor are we to speak to him in a repetitious, robotic drone (rosaries) as we're told in Matthew 6:7-8. He wants a conversation, a child speaking to a father, asking for things he desires to see carried-out in the world, just like Yeshua did (and told us to do). Disobeying his commands, especially when he specifically tells us the manner in which to pray and walk with him, is akin to drawing away from him; you stepped away first.

Quote:
Isaiah 29:13

13 The Lord says:

“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is based on merely human rules they have been taught.

Quote:
Jeremiah 29:13

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quote:
John 14:23

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Quote:
2 Chronicles 15:2

2 He went out to meet Asa and said to him, “Listen to me, Asa and all Judah and Benjamin. The LORD is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.

Commit yourself to get to know him. You must draw nearer to him. The main way to do so: start reading what he has to say, on a daily basis. Hunger and thirst for his word, study it to the grain; his word is what we live by, not human rituals and man-made traditions of worship.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm
real eyes realize
I say this for truth's sake, not to offend: the Catholic way of worship is vain; it uses pagan customs such as the use of idols (statues and depictions of created things—of angels and human beings—which he tells us not to do), but also the use of prayer beads. Did you start worshipping differently? as in, using images? or using a rosary? Like I mentioned we're not suppose to use images, nor are we to speak to him in a repetitious, robotic drone (rosaries) as we're told in Matthew 6:7-8. He wants a conversation, a child speaking to a father, asking for things he desires to see carried-out in the world, just like Yeshua did (and told us to do). Disobeying his commands, especially when he specifically tells us the manner in which to pray and walk with him, is akin to drawing away from him; you stepped away first.

Quote:

13 The Lord says:

Their worship of me

Quote:

Quote:

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Quote:

2 He went out to meet Asa and said to him, “Listen to me, Asa and all Judah and Benjamin. The LORD is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.

Commit yourself to get to know him. You must draw nearer to him. The main way to do so: start reading what he has to say, on a daily basis. Hunger and thirst for his word, study it to the grain; his word is what we live by, not human rituals and man-made traditions of worship.

Please message them in private messages rather then posting comments about the Catholic sacraments. Please respect our belief's. God Bless you.  

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tonaw

Hallowed Worshipper

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:58 am
Neutral0rgy
I was initially trying to find more ways to express my dedication for god and even before I converted, I feel empty like I do now.

The Catholic faith is rich in that and rich in History. The Church has continued from Peter whom God ordained to lead the Church. later in the 100's it was called Catholic to mean Universal. A communion of the body of Christ across the world. In the 400's the Church composed and brought all the books of the new testament (all the legit ones) together and composed the complete bible. Over 1500 years after christ some rebelious man decided to seperate from the Church because the Church had sinners in it (arent we all sinners in need of repentence?), that is the orgin of non-catholic christianity. A rebel, a protestant reformer who didn't help the church of christ but fought against it.

real eyes realize

Quote:

13 The Lord says:

Their worship of me

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Excuse me but the Rosary is scriptural. "Hail Mary full of Grace" Is what the Archangel says to the Blessed Mother who says in Luke that "all generations shall call me blessed". That aside you can't separate the Mother from the Son. And in the Rosary the focus is meditaion upon the mysteries of the Gospel. The Resurrection is one of them.

Also, your using an image with your avatar right now, but I am choosing not to worship it. What about Mt. Rushmore? What about all the statues of men in the U.S. and elsewhere that didn't even live in a close relationship with God yet people respect them? The 10 commandments are a "graven image" so I guess ya gotta throw those out IF YOU TAKE THE SCRIPTURE OUT OF CONTEXT. We don't adore the saints, we honor them, and ask them to pray for us just as I would my family. And guess what, they are right next to God in heaven and so we know they are righteous. "The prayer of a righteous man availith much" Just like God said to Job's accusers that they should ask JOB to pray for them. (It's around the end of the book of Job) Check out RCIA.

I would do more research into the faith before you accuse it like that and make accusations that you can't back up. I'd be happy to enlighten all of the truths of the faith. Why, because I love all my brothers and sisters, and that includes you.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:33 am
Amen~  

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 am
Tonaw
Excuse me but the Rosary is scriptural.

The use of prayer beads is not scriptural. You will not find prayer beads in any book of the bible. It is pagan.

Using scripture to pray is not "unscriptural" (naturally); the mantra-like manner in which it is repeated is what Jesus himself said not to do. You can't deny this, as I have honestly quoted (without distortion) the verse that speaks of this.

Tonaw
That aside you can't separate the Mother from the Son.

What exactly do you mean by that...? We separate from our mothers all the time to become "one flesh" with a spouse. In terms of the topic at hand, I wouldn't pray to Mary because we do not ask the spirits that have "passed on" to pray for us. This is the spirit that intercesses for me:

Quote:
Romans 8:26-27

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

This is the resurrected human in Heaven who intercesses for me:

Quote:
Romans 8:34

34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died —more than that, who was raised to life —is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

No one else has been "resurrected"/ "raised to life". So I doubt Mary is intercessing for anyone. Arguably, I could see someone making a case say for Enoch, Elijah, and Moses as they are hinted as having a transformed body (at least the first two who were directly taken, either by YHWH or a "cloud"), but definitely not Mary.

Tonaw
Also, your using an image with your avatar right now, but I am choosing not to worship it. What about Mt. Rushmore? What about all the statues of men in the U.S. and elsewhere that didn't even live in a close relationship with God yet people respect them?

I'm trying to see how this is relevant to using objects in worship. My avatar...? I do not use my avatar as my mediator to get my prayers to anyone. Mt. Rushmore...? I don't think we should build statues of people. What for? The only human worth venerating didn't even want us making images of him; his human body was the image of God the Father. (Col 1:15) His body was the physical representation. His body was transformed. His body left, ascended into the heavenly tabernacle to sit at The Father's right hand. We really have no need to make images of anything. That is not how he wants us to worship him. He wants us to worship him by living a holy life.

Quote:
Romans 12:1-2

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Tonaw
The 10 commandments are a "graven image" so I guess ya gotta throw those out IF YOU TAKE THE SCRIPTURE OUT OF CONTEXT.

I agree with this and who is taking it out of context? Straw man? If people bow down in front of the tablets and kiss them, if they think touching or lighting the tablets on fire is the means by which the Father hears them, or magically heals them, then yes, the physical tablets should be destroyed because at that point the people are using them as idols. His commands should be written on our hearts anyway. The physical reminder is nice, but not necessary and definitely should not be physical objects of worship.

Tonaw
We don't adore the saints, we honor them, and ask them to pray for us just as I would my family. And guess what, they are right next to God in heaven and so we know they are righteous. "The prayer of a righteous man availith much" Just like God said to Job's accusers that they should ask JOB to pray for them. (It's around the end of the book of Job) Check out RCIA.

A righteous person who is living or resurrected can intercess for us. Job fits the criteria (he was alive when this was spoken obviously). Mary and our dead relatives don't fit this criteria. The only thing we know about people who lived and died in Christ is that they're in Abraham's bosom which is the section of Sheol where the righteous go. Even Catholic resources speak of this if you don't want to read or rely on scripture.

Tonaw
I would do more research into the faith before you accuse it like that and make accusations that you can't back up. I'd be happy to enlighten all of the truths of the faith. Why, because I love all my brothers and sisters, and that includes you.

I don't make false accusations. The reason I have these positions in the first place is because I noticed a discrepancy between scripture and the traditions being practiced out in the world. I have researched it. The scriptures are ultimate authority. If our traditions do not line up with the bible, then they must be thrown out because YHWH and Yeshua are at the throne, not man, man's catechism or man's traditions.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 am
Aleetheeuh

Please message them in private messages rather then posting comments about the Catholic sacraments. Please respect our belief's. God Bless you.

So I shouldn't speak up when something is in contradiction to the Father's will? Should I "respect" to the point that I allow falsity to continue? Satan has infiltrated all religions (in some cases created them), you think he can't touch Christianity? We should not hold "ceremonies" and "practices" in such high esteem when they don't agree with what our Messiah, apostles, and prophets said. Isn't it clear that I'm not saying any of this with mal-intent? Jesus is the truth. If we do things he said not to, that means we've chosen a lie. Should I just PM one person and leave the rest in deception?

Honestly, what can be more disrespectful than ignoring what he said? Don't babble like the pagans, yet here we are today with people reciting scripture like a mantra. Why?

Quote:
Matthew 6:7-8

7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:57 am
real eyes realize
Aleetheeuh

So I shouldn't speak up when something is in contradiction to the Father's will? Should I "respect" to the point that I allow falsity to continue? Satan has infiltrated all religions (in some cases created them), you think he can't touch Christianity? We should not hold "ceremonies" and "practices" in such high esteem when they don't agree with what our Messiah, apostles, and prophets said. Isn't it clear that I'm not saying any of this with mal-intent? Jesus is the truth. If we do things he said not to, that means we've chosen a lie. Should I just PM one person and leave the rest in deception?

Honestly, what can be more disrespectful than ignoring what he said? Don't babble like the pagans, yet here we are today with people reciting scripture like a mantra. Why?

Quote:
Matthew 6:7-8

7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

I will continue to pray like I do. God Bless.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 am
Aleetheeuh

I will continue to pray like I do. God Bless.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People who claim to be Jesus' sibling yet would rather stick to their traditions then listen to his actual words. It's like you're using "God Bless" as an expletive. That is not cute or loving.

If we believe in the Trinity, that means you believe in the Holy Ghost who is the Spirit of Truth. Do you care about the truth or not?

Quote:
John 14:26

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Quote:
John 16:7-15

7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Tonaw

Hallowed Worshipper

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:03 am
real eyes realize
Well I'm sorry to offend you, that was rash of me. But I get fired up when people say things about my faith that aren't true. We only worship God but we communicate with the whole body of Christ. If you really want to actually have an open mind about it.

This has each Sacrament and its Scriptural basis scripturecatholic.com

Here is a forum to ask questions about the faith CatholicAnswersForums

I don't not wish to enrage you or argue with you. Only have an intellegent open conversation. I just get worked up sometimes and sorry if how I said things came across negatively in any way. God love you  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:59 am
Tonaw
Well I'm sorry to offend you, that was rash of me. But I get fired up when people say things about my faith that aren't true. We only worship God but we communicate with the whole body of Christ. If you really want to actually have an open mind about it.

This has each Sacrament and its Scriptural basis scripturecatholic.com

Here is a forum to ask questions about the faith CatholicAnswersForums

I don't not wish to enrage you or argue with you. Only have an intellegent open conversation. I just get worked up sometimes and sorry if how I said things came across negatively in any way. God love you

No need to apologize. You can rest assured I took no offense; one of the very first lessons that really hit home when I started reading the bible is that we die and Yeshua needs to live through us, we must be of one mind with the word like he was with the Father, ego out of the way. If any of what I said was offensive, that's just scripture. I didn't grow up with religious beliefs or the bible, perhaps that's why I cannot relate to you guys who maybe have participated in these traditions since childhood and they're an integral part of your being. Still, as Matthew 5:29-30 says, it's better to gouge out the "bad" part of your being than to throw the whole body in hell.

I clicked on the website and right off the bat, there's just something wrong: they do not hold his word as ultimate truth, but put man-made tradition right on par with his words. Jesus talked about man-made tradition taking precedence over the father's will and not to fall victim to this. Not only that, but bold-faced lie:

Quote:
After all, nothing in Scripture tells us what Scriptures are inspired,

Quote:
2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

If we have any faith at all in what the scriptures tell us, then we must believe that the Spirit of Truth will guide us and teach us all things as Jesus says. Have you read the bible for yourself or have you been relying on websites like these? We need to read the bible, cover-to-cover, for ourselves, meditating on his words daily, asking the Holy Spirit to teach us the unadulterated lessons instead of relying on such sites. This time around, I'm going at a much slower pace, limiting my reading to one chapter a day, studying the original languages for a purer-to-the-truth interpretation, examining the historical customs at the time (solely to know what Jesus is referring to, not to practice them), and asking why do we practice what we practice, where can I find it in scripture?

The verses speaking about Peter being given the keys to the church, do you think that also means they were given the go-ahead to enact practices that go against the Father's will? No. Peter himself said,

Quote:
1 Peter 1:15-16

15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

Quote:
2 Peter 3:11

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives

There is nothing holy ("set apart") about taking pagan customs and using it to worship him (when you do you become the world, you're not set apart from the world); he told us not to copy their traditions:

Quote:
Deuteronomy 12:31

31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

Quote:
2 Kings 17:15

15 They rejected his decrees and the covenant he had made with their ancestors and the statutes he had warned them to keep. They followed worthless idols and themselves became worthless. They imitated the nations around them although the Lord had ordered them, “Do not do as they do.”

Quote:
Jeremiah 10:2-4

2 This is what the Lord says:

Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the heavens,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3 For the practices of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter.

Quote:
Mark 7:7

7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’ exclaim

We need to seek him (not man) and turn away from anything he disapproves of.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Tonaw

Hallowed Worshipper

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm
Neutral0rgy

real eyes realize

Sola scriptura

Jn 21:25 ... not everything is in the Bible.
2 Thess 2:15; 2 Tim 2:2; 1 Cor 11:2; 1 Thess 2:13 ... Paul speaks of oral tradition.
Acts 2:42 ... early Christians followed apostolic tradition.
2 Pet 3:16 ... Bible hard to understand, get distorted.
2 Jn 1:12; 3 Jn 1:13-14 ... more oral tradition.
2 Pet 1:20-21 ... against personal interpretation.
Acts 8:31; Heb 5:12 ... guidance needed to interpret scriptures.

Sola fide

Jas 2:14-26 ... what good is faith w/o works?
Heb 10:26 ... must avoid sin.
Jas 5:20 ... "earning" forgiveness.
Lk 6:46; Mt 7:21; Mt 19:16-21; Jn 5:29 ... must do will of God.
1 Cor 9:27 ... "buffet my body ..."
Phil 2:12; 2 Cor 5:10; Rom 2:6-10, 13, 3:31; Mt 25:32-46; Gal 6:6-10; Rev 20:12 ... works have merit.
1 Jn 2:3-4; 1 Jn 3:24; 1 Jn 5:3 ... keep commandments.

Salvation (once and for all?)

1 Cor 9:27 ... after preaching ... I myself disqualified.
1 Cor 10:12 ... thinks that he stands ... lest he fall.
Phil 2:12 ... work out salvation with fear and trembling.
Heb 4:1 ... fear of failing to reach salvation.
1 Jn 5:16,17 ... some sins are mortal, some not.
Rom 11:21,22 ... spare branches, continue or be cut off.

Deuterocanonicals

Deuterocanonicals were used in NT: 2 Mach 6:18-7:42 ... Heb 11:35; Wisdom 3:5-6 ... 1 Pet 1:6-7; Wisdom 13:1-9 ... Rom 1:18-32
Septuagint (Gk, w/ Deuterocanonicals) version of OT quoted in NT, noticably different from Hebrew version: Is 7:14 ... Mt 1:23; Is 40:3 ... Mt 3:3; Joel 2:30-31 ... Acts 2:19-29; Ps 95:7-9 ... Heb 3:7-9 etc.

Purgatory

Lk 12:59; 1 Cor 3:15; 1 Pet 1:7; Mt 5:25-26 ... temporary agony.
Heb 12:6-11 ... God's painful discipline.
Mt 12:32 ... no forgiveness ... nor in the age to come.
1 Pet 3:19 ... purgatory (limbo?).
Rev 21:27 ... nothing unclean shall enter heaven.
Heb 12:23 ... souls in heaven are perfect.
Col 1:24; 2 Sam 12:14 ... "extra" suffering.
2 Mac 12:43-46 ... sacrifice for the dead.
2 Tim 1:15-18 ... prayer for Onesiphorus for "that Day."
1 Jn 5:14-17 ... mortal/venial sins

Eucharist

Mt 26:26-27; Mk 14:22,24; Lk 22:19-20; 1 Cor 10:24-25 ... this is my body ... this is my blood.
1 Cor 11:26-30 ... sinning against the body and blood.
Jn 6:32-58 ... long discourse on Eucharist.
Gen 14:18; Ps 110:4; Heb 7:1-17 ... Melchizedek.
Acts 2:42 ... breaking of bread.
Ps 27:1-2; Is 9:18-20; Is 49:26; Micah 3:3; Rev 17:6,16 ... symbolic interpretation of Jn 6 inappropriate.

Baptism of infants

Acts 2:38-39; Acts 16:15, 16:33, 18:8; 1 Cor 1:16 ... suggests baptism of all, incl. children.
Jn 3:5; Rom 6:4 ... necessity of baptism.
Col 2:11-12 ... circumcision (normally performed on infants c.f. Gen 17:12) replaced by baptism.

Forgiveness of sins

Jn 20:22-23 ... "if you forgive ... they are forgiven."
Mt 18:18 ... binding on earth and heaven.
2 Cor 5:18 ... ministry of reconciliation.
Jas 5:14-16 ... forgiveness of sins, anointing of the sick, confession.

Papacy/infallibility

Mt 10:1-4; Mk 3:16-19; Lk 6:14-16; Acts 1:13; Lk 9:32 ... Peter always mentioned first, as foremost apostle.
Mt 18:21; Mk 8:29; Lk 12:41; Jn 6:69 ... Peter speaks for the apostles.
Acts 2:14-40 ... Pentecost: Peter who first preached.
Acts 3:6-7 ... Peter worked first healing.
Acts 10:46-48 ... Gentiles to be baptized revealed to Peter.
Jn 1:42 ... Simon is Cephas (Aramaic: Kepha for rock).
Mt 16:18-19 ... "on this Rock ... keys ... bind ... loose"
Is 22:22; Rev 1:18 ... keys as symbol of authority.
Jn 21:17 ... "feed my sheep"
Lk 22:31-32 ... "Simon ... strengthen your brethren".
Lk 10:1-2, 16; Jn 13:20; 2 Cor 5:20; Gal 4:14; Acts 5:1-5 ... "vicars" (substitutes) of Christ.
Mk 6:20; Lk 1:70,2:23; Rom 12:1; Act 3:21, 1 Cor 7:14; Eph 3:5; Col 1:22 ... humans can be holy ("call no one holy").

"Brothers" of Jesus

Mary wife of Cleophas and "sister" of the Virgin Mary (Jn 19:25) is the mother of James and Joset (Mk 15:47; Mt 27:56) who are called the "brothers of Jesus" (Mk 6:3).
Acts 1:12-15 ... apostles, Mary, "some women" and Jesus' "brothers" number about 120. That is a lot of "brothers."
Gen 14:14 ... Lot, Abraham's nephew (Gen 11:26-2 cool , described as Abraham's brother (KJV).
Gen 29:15 ... Laban, Jacob's uncle, calls Jacob his "brother" (KJV).
John 19:26-27 ... Jesus gives care of Mary to John, not one of his "brothers."
2 Sam 6:23, Gen 8:7, Dt 34:6 ... "until."

Mary

Gen 5:24; Heb 11:5; 2 Kings 2:1-13 ... Enoch and Elijah taken to heaven.
Lk 1:28 ... annunciation.
Lk 1:42-48 ... blessed are you among women.
2 Tim 4:8, Jas 1:12, 1 Pet 5:4, Rev 2:10 ... coronation awaits saints.
Jn 2:1-5 ... Mary's intercession.

Saints

Mk 12:26-27 ... "not God of the dead, but of the living."
Jn 15:1-8 ... vine and its branches.
1 Cor 12:25-27; Rom 12:4-5 ... body of Christ.
Eph 6:18; Rom 15:30; Col 4:3; 1 Thess 1:11 ... intercessory prayer.
Jos 5:14; Dan 8:17; Tob 12:16 ... veneration of angels united with God (Mt 18:10).
1 Cor 13:12; 1 John 3:2 ... saints also united with God.
Lk 20-34-38 ... those who died are like angels.
2 Mac 15:11-16 ... deceased Onias and Jeremiah interceded for Jews.
Rev 8:3-4; Jer 15:1 ... saints' intercession.

Statues, images and relics

Ex 25:18-22, 26:1,31; Num 21:8-9 ... God commands images made.
1 Kings 6:23-29, 35, 7:29 ... Solomon's temple: statues and images.
Acts 19:11,12 ... Paul's handkerchiefs and aprons.
2 Kg 13:20-21 ... Elisha's bones.
Acts 5:15-16 ... Peter's shadow.
Mt 9:20-22 ... Jesus' garment cures woman.

Church and authority

Acts 2:42 ... doctrine, community, sacred rite (bread).
Eph 5:25-26 ... Christ loved the Church.
1 Tim 3:15 ... church is pillar/foundation of truth.
Mt 16:18; 20:20 ... Christ protects Church.
Heb 13:17 ... obey.
Mt 18:17-18 ... church as final authority.
Mt 23:2 ... Pharisees succeeded Moses (seat of Moses).
1 Cor 5:5; 1 Tim 1:20 ... excommunication.

Priesthood and worship

Acts 1:15-26; 2 Tim 2:2; Tit 1:5 ...unbroken succession.
Acts 15:6,23; 1 Tim 4:14, 5:22; 1 Tim 5:17; Jas 5:13-15 ... presbyters/elders (priests) were ordained, preached and taught the flock, administered sacraments.
Lk 16:24; Rom 4; 1 Cor 4:14-15; Acts 7:2; 1 Thess 2:11; 1 Jn 2:13-14 ... "call no one father"?
1 Cor 7:7-9 ... Paul unmarried.
Mt 19:12; 1 Cor 7:32,33 ... celibacy.
Gen 14:18; Ps 110:4; Heb 7:1-17 ... Melchizedek.
Rev 4:8 ... "vain repetition"?
1 Kg 8:54; 2 Chr 6:13; Ezra 9:5; Mt 17:14; Lk 5:8 ... kneeling.
Rev 8:3-4 ... incense.
1 Cor 12 ... different roles of members of body.

Justification

1 Jn 1:7, 2 Pet 1:9 ... purified from sins.
Jn 1:29, Heb 9:26-28 ... takes away sin.
Ps 50:3, Ps 102:12, Is 43:25 ... blot out, clear away sin.
Rom 2:13, Rom 3:20 ... future justification.
Heb 11:8...Gen 12:1-4; Rom 4:2-3...Gen 15:6; Jas 2:21-23...Gen 22:1-18 ... justifications of Abraham.
2 Pet 1:4 ... become partakers of the divine nature.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff