Submit

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:16 am
I usually don't post asking advice for things that have actual sustenance, but I could use some advice here.

I don't want to go into complete detail with things really, so, hopefully you can give a response based on this.

I am having trouble not feeling like I'm "supposed" to be with my ex-bf. I know that it's because of how close we are, how long we were together, and that everyone pretty much expects us to be together. My problem is, this is making me hold myself back from doing what I want to do. I know that things are over, I was the one who actually initiated the whole thing. I just don't want to feel like I can't move on without disappointing him or letting him down, I suppose. I don't know what to do about it. I have an ex who is willing to be my friend and be there for me whenever I need him and an awesome guy whom I absolutely adore working on taking things to the next level with me. I'm afraid though. I'm afraid to let go. I'm afraid that the other guy won't want me once we get closer.. I am basically afraid to lose them both when I don't want to lose either of them. I don't want to risk losing everything and being alone in the end. Holding myself back from the guy that I have grown close to is hurting me and would hurt him as well, but moving on would hurt my ex-bf/friend.

I really don't know what I'm asking here.. just for advice in general I suppose. I know that I have to figure this out on my own, I just don't want to hurt anyone in the process and I can't seem to make myself understand that it is perfectly okay to let go of the past and move on to something new.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 am
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

When I broke up with my first boyfriend, we were on bad terms for a month. Then one day, I just called him up and asked how he was doing. I'd completely moved on from him, which did hurt him a bit, but he was willing to be the friend I needed him to be. Because he was able to put his feelings for me aside, we were both able to move on to other people without any issues of hurting each other. If your ex-boyfriend/friend isn't able to do that, then you might have to move on completely. If having you around as his friend keeps his feelings for you, but doesn't kindle any in you, then it's hurting him worse than if you move on. Basically, if he really wants to be your friend, then let him. Just... Don't flaunt your moving on in his face. Don't pretend you haven't, make that clear. If he can't accept that, then it's better that you're not friends.

As for this new guy, take a chance! Because if he doesn't like you in the end, at least you know. And hey, then he doesn't deserve you and doesn't know what he's missing out on. In the end, if you have to leave them both behind, that's not the end of the world. More boys will come along if that ends up the case.

I can't tell you what to do. Nobody can. But if you think about it in the cheesy, cliche, and yet totally true way that if they can't accept you they don't deserve you, then it's all about the choice you want to make. Follow what your instincts tell you to do.
Good luck!

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas