Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:49 am
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

This forum has seen a few posts about this boy before, so let's go ahead with this.
His name is Luke. I (as a love skeptic) have diagnosed myself with either being totally insane (quite possible) or being in love. Basically, when my mom died, he was the best comfort I had. The day she died, he didn't give all these platitudes or anything. He distracted me and made me laugh. That weekend, a whole lot of drama went down with my friends, and naturally they came to me to fix it. Which both pissed me off and hurt me that during a really hard time, they still wanted me to fix everything for them. He took over, told them off, and fixed all their problems for me. Before this point in time, we weren't really close. But after this, he started confiding things in me like a lot of people in our group did. I ended up moving in with my dad, but I came back to visit that summer. All summer, he kept telling me that he was thinking about things he shouldn't be as a guy with a girlfriend. After said girlfriend dumped him unceremoniously, he confessed that he'd been thinking about me. I didn't really like him, so I wasn't sure how to react. Well, a little while after this happened, the girl told him she'd traded their relationship for a good reputation in school. None of the guys cared about his feelings, and the other girls in our group all had crushes on him and didn't want to talk about his feelings. I became his shoulder to cry on basically. I started to develop feelings through the year of talking. When it came time for me to return for the summer again, one of our other friends asked me out. I wanted to talk to Luke first, because he gave good advice, and I kinda wanted to see if he liked me and would tell me not to go out with the other guy. The next day, before I could even call Luke, I found out he was back with his ex. So, I did something I'm not proud of: I got with that guy. I ended up telling him later that I didn't really have feelings for him and that it wouldn't work, so the relationship didn't last long. But Luke's did.
Fast forward the nearly two years of a dwindling friendship and a strengthening bond. A few weeks ago, I finally just had a breakdown over this whole thing. I didn't really have anyone who understood my situation, so nobody had advice for me. I ended up venting it all out to a good friend of mine who has never really dated, but she was a good outside perspective. She told me the best thing to do was to stop torturing myself and just end what was left of our friendship with him.
I was about to do it, too. Until I found out he broke up with his girlfriend. I was talking to him, and our conversation really sounded like the ones we used to have before he got back with her. A few of my friends keep telling me that I should tell him about my feelings. One of them is even convinced that he has the same feelings (which I think is unlikely). But I really think someone should just slap me and make me end all communication with him before I hurt myself again. This whole thing is confusing and awful and I hate it but I don't want to lose him, and right now I just want ice cream.
Help?

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:19 am
Just tell him and see where it goes. Let him know how you feel about your friendship and how you feel about him. Make sure that he knows that you still want to be friends if he doesn't feel the same way. Getting it off your chest will help you out a lot. If things go well then that's great and if not, then just do whatever it is that will make you feel the best in the end, be it staying friends or leaving everything behind.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

spookycarnival

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:20 pm
emotion_bigheart Never tell a boy you have feelings for him. It just gives him an ego-boost and permission to treat you like a jerk. If he just ended a relationship, it would be wrong to jump right in. I would let things go, unless he comes to you and confesses his feelings and he's absolutely single with no other 'options'. If a boy likes a girl, he will show her, and it will be made clear. There are generally no 'hidden meanings'; girls read into their crushes a little too much. emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:58 pm
spookycarnival
emotion_bigheart Never tell a boy you have feelings for him. It just gives him an ego-boost and permission to treat you like a jerk. If he just ended a relationship, it would be wrong to jump right in. I would let things go, unless he comes to you and confesses his feelings and he's absolutely single with no other 'options'. If a boy likes a girl, he will show her, and it will be made clear. There are generally no 'hidden meanings'; girls read into their crushes a little too much. emotion_bigheart

I wouldn't say to not tell him. I mean, yeah, there is a chance that he could act like that, but there are some guys who are just as scared to admit things like this as girls, if not more. Some people don't want to risk what they already have and if neither of them make the first move then they could miss out on something that they both want just from the fear of rejection. Some chances are okay to be taken. If the guy acts like a jerk afterwords then he was never really worth it to begin with.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:36 pm
♭♮♯

ll-Frantic-ll

Thanks for what you said. I just got back to this thread now, but because of your post I told him how I feel. Not sure what his full reaction is yet, but he knows. And he is apparently stunned.

spookycarnival

I can see where that might turn out poorly, but most of the guys I know are way too shy to tell a girl first. As for me, I typically believe in confidence and taking the first step myself. But thank you both!

♩♪♫♬

♯♮♭

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:31 pm
spookycarnival

I agree. Also, being a "rebound" is a terrible idea. I'd wait a while to see what happens with him.  

Mistress of The Fae

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 pm
anticupid16
ll-Frantic-ll

Thanks for what you said. I just got back to this thread now, but because of your post I told him how I feel. Not sure what his full reaction is yet, but he knows. And he is apparently stunned.

I just found this thread again. Congrats for taking the chance and seeing how things played out. How did it go?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:46 am
♭♮♯

ll-Frantic-ll

To be honest I'm not quite sure sweatdrop We've been talking a lot more than we were before, but the topic hasn't come up again, and I don't want to push for a reaction.

♩♪♫♬

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Wolf-keybearer

Sparkling Shapeshifter

16,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:02 am
At least he knows and can do something with the information. The ball's in his court now, so just eat ice cream and wait (I want ice cream now gonk )  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games