Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

The air smelled wet: of coming sleet, of rain, of snow. It was crisp and refreshing, and a lone Wind tipped her head towards the night sky. She didn't stand in sharp relief against the snow - exactly - but she stood in the night all the same. The storm was far off, for now, but she felt fairly assured that it would be upon her before dawn started to light the sky to the East.

Thickets of trees, a river that was within hearing distance - that she could hear it at all meant it was powerful enough to escape freezing over during the winter months - and all manner of normal things surrounded her. Dark eyes made deeper by the night closed, and the mare let out a gentle sigh. Her wings were shifted against her back, rustling the slightest bit to keep them warm.

Despite the fact she was relaxed, she still kept a wary ear and eye out. She was, after all, alone, and not everyone or everything out within these lands were kind and gentle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:39 pm
Kind and gentle. That was the understatement of the year.

A tall Kalona of blue and white hues stepped his first two hooves into the river. The pressure of the freezing water should have been enough to get the dried blood off, but the temperature was enough in itself to make cleaning his fur and his hooves one troublesome chore. He lifted his left hoof to examine it, and snorted at wht he saw. His white hooves were still dirt and blood ridden. Maybe a little longer, but he'd probably be better just licking it off.

Not that Persephonix minded the taste of blood, but right now he just wanted to sleep. He didn't feel like cleaning the blood off his hooves. It was all because of some imbecile stallion that led on about Merciette, and then shut up when it really mattered. The fool spoke of seeing the mare and was understandably spooked by Persephonix's presence and wouldn't say where he saw her head off too. Maybe the stallion would still have his life had he not opened his mouth, and Persephonix's hooves would not be soiled and his chest wouldn't pulse every now and then dully with pain. "Stupid grounded," he growled under his breath as icy eyes looked down at the damage. Though the other stallion's hooves were not cloven, they still bruised him up pretty good, and the scratch, though not deep, was starting to turn that dried, brownish red color that he was trying to clean off his legs.

He stepped back into the river fully, his tail floating along the top and with the current. He shivered at the full impact of the water, but remained. Something else had caught his attention. His nostrils flared as he registered the smell. Oh, lovely. Another Soquili was in the area. A snarl pulled at his lips, eyes narrowing. He really didn't feel like dealing with another imbecile. And someone walking around this time at night probably wouldn't know his rat of a sister.

But that didn't mean he was going to leave. Hell no. He was here first. His only consideration for leaving was because he would rather not have another see his injuries, but they were livable. He stood taller and puffed out his chest, his cold eyes never losing their angered look. He stared off in the direction of the smell, waiting to see who would walk through. Without thinking, he started to growl, his throat warm with the sound of hostility.

`raze

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:57 pm
Once in her journey, Aleera paused to slice her hoof through the crisp snow near a tree. It was only for a quick bite, and nothing terribly appetizing, either. There was nothing off about the night, and soon she would find a place to rest for the remainder of the night and a while into the morning. It wasn't unusual for her to travel by night, it seemed she could go longer and farther without distractions, and yet completely enjoy the sights around her.

She paused, looking down at the bit of dried grass, plucked a little more up, and then continued along her way.

Aleera glanced up at the moon, once again. Her son was on his own, as were her remaining son and daughter, and she couldn't help but think of them and where they may have been. They were still young, but able, and she'd hoped she had raised them right. In a way, she knew she had: she'd remained away from her family's herd and all the judgmental nonsense they preached. The pale, gold mare was hardly in any hurry.

She'd done what she set out to do for them, and now she had all the time in the world to find what was right for her. And right now, she was confident she could handle whatever life would throw at her. She was young, still, and her wings were honed for flight. She was hardly concerned with the potential for threat, but it didn't make her cocky.

She decided that, however, she was clearly sick of winter and wanted nothing more than spring to arrive. Everything was fresh and new and wonderful. Tastes were vibrant, smells seemed swee--both ears swept forward. With one hoof held above the snow, she set it down softly, certain she'd heard something up ahead. Her wings rustled and--wait, there it was again..!

Curiosity roused just as much as wariness at the rumble of threatening sounds that just overpowered the river, Aleera shifted her wings, holding them ready but not outswept as she made her way forwards again. She skirted around several thickets of brush, using her ears to keep tabs on where it seemed to be coming from. It wasn't exactly easy, but she saw the source of it once she cleared the bushes and emerged to the riverside.

Undecided between appearing hostile or her usual self, Aleera's ears swept back, pinned, and flipped forwards again as she noted what she couldn't before, with the wind coming at her back. Blood, just above the water, before it disappeared as the water swelled just a little.

The wings, the horns. Even without what was considered a normal tail for their kind, the being that stood before her was in fact a Kalona, or so she figured.

The mare said nothing, just stood her ground with her head held high. She wasn't looking down on him, exactly, but she wasn't going to squeak and flee just because he was growling at her. So she stretched her wings, instead, and swept them back to their previous position.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 am

The mare that emerged from the bushes was a sight to behold. She stood bright in the moonlight, and the gold piece around her neck gleamed, almost like a beacon. From what he could see her mane and pelt was a soft brown color, and she had feathered wings. No markings of a Kalona, a grounded. She was definitely a pleasant sight, visually. However, for such a pretty thing, she must have certainly been stupid to show herself to the sound of danger.

He watched her fluff her wings, which to him was a sign of ignorance, a signal that she clearly thought she was better than him. Her being only feet away, he knew she could smell the blood that was drying on his chest and what was being cleaned off into the water. This was exactly what Persephonix didn't want - someone to see him while he was injured. His nostrils flared and he leaned forward, his ears pinned completely against his skull.

"If you were smart," he growled, beginning to take a step towards her, "you would leave. I'll do the same to you that I did to the unfortunate stallion decaying out in the woods."

`raze

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 am
It was true--there was definitely a certain amount of pride Aleera had in herself. It was hard to stray away from it when she was raised and steeped in it from her very first breath upon emerging from her basket. But to be better than him was another story entirely. She knew the danger, perhaps not the whole extent, but to turn tail and flee would most likely invoke a chase.

While she was confident she could evade him, it would be a long and rather arduous chase, as he could fly, too.

Dual-toned eyes of purple and blue watched. There was a sense of wary placidness in her gaze, but one of keen observance, as well. And it was easy to note that his injuries were not upon his forelegs, as she first thought, but there was a wound upon his chest as well.

Her ears twitched and swivelled to catch his words amidst his growling tone, and despite her blink, she remained rather serene.

"You could." She acknowledged, holding her ground but maneuvering herself so she wasn't boxed in by the trees. His threat was very real. Her gaze flickered and pinned to the obvious wound on his chest, one ear fastened in his direction with the other twitching slowly. "Without the pretense of bluffing, however, I would not make an easy target, either, if the one you killed has scored you with your wound."

It was dangerous to speak so honestly and acknowledge his injury, let alone that it was - unbeknownst to her - a grounded that had made such a wound. She was simply hoping distraction with a recent memory would be enough to stay his attack that seemed imminent.

"I have no interest in either fleeing from nor fighting you, Kalona, though I could potentially offer to find something to speed your healing and stave off any winter infections. The cold alone is dangerous enough."

And perhaps blindside him with the offer to help, even though he seemed much too prideful to take her up on her offer. Her wings flexed subtly, and she was on her guard. Her words could just as easily provoke an attack as halt it, and she wasn't keen on being injured or losing her life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 am
For someone who wasn't keen on losing their life, she certainly had the mouth for it, or so Persephonix's pride decided. Without even looking he knew the bruise on his chest was visible, as well as the gash that had finally stopped bleeding, for the most part. Despite the wounds, he could still show her... show her that she should fear him and just back off.

Quickly and swiftly, with no indication that his wounds bothered him, Persephonix jumped onto the shore, just feet away from the winged mare. He stood tall and puffed out his injured chest, his demonic wings spread wide. His icey eyes gleamed with intent, and he was very much the image of fear.

However, the quick movement and his little show caused a strong pang in his chest, and he audibly gasped and faltered in his position. "********!" He swore, clenching his eyes as the pain pulsed. "Damn it..." What an embarrassment. Now he really would have to kill her.

But wait!

Through narrowed eyes he regarded the mare before him, breathing hard through his flared nostrils. " You're no unicorn." He spat. "What exactly can you do for me?"

`raze

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:03 am
With the abrupt rush, the powerful leap, Aleera's heart leaped into her throat, beating in time with a hummingbird's wingbeats. Her expressive eyes went wide, and even though she raised a foreleg slightly, she didn't actually budge from her spot. A credit to herself, though to say she was fearless was a mistake.

She was, indeed, afraid.

Yet she was courageous enough to hold her ground, braced as she was with her weight centered mostly on her hind end. In reaction, an addition to her wide eyes and bent foreleg, her ears swept back and pinned themselves flat into her hair, and her wings swept out and wide. She held them up, as though she would use them to buffet him back with a couple well-timed movements, or spring into the air.

It was a stare down, for both of them.

Her chest heaved once, twice, three times, and slowly settled back into a more natural rhythm. His falter, his curse, had one ear lifting and sweeping forwards...but she didn't move aside from turning her head to be better able to look at him. Her eyes flickered and swept over him, and his words hit a twinge of insult.

"I certainly am no Unicorn." Her head lifted; she didn't go into her lineage, just made her confirmation to his observance and continued on. Her wings remained splayed, and would remain so until Persephonix deigned to drop his own. She did not rub it in that his wound was obviously hampering him. "And it simply means that, because I am not, I feel it necessary to know how to help myself, or others, if they have need."

Even if the others she helped were irritable, foul, and entirely arrogant, with a few healthy dashes of hostile, to boot.

"So with a little time, I can find you herbs beneath the snow, and something to help with the pain, if you feel any."

...oh, he was in pain. She had no doubt. But she just wasn't going to outright say...

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 am

When Persy had jumped onto land, he expected one of the two most natural reactions - fight or flight. Neither appealed to him, so the pretty mare before him with her outstretched wings, pinned ears, but widened eyes, was baffling. What was she doing? Did she not realize the threat before her?

Of course not, he had made it painfully obvious he was not in prime condition to fight or chase.

His chest ached. Movement didn't held. He was frustrated, tired, and his pride was urging him to be done with this winged mare and leave her lifeless along the riverbank. However, something in his gut told him not to (reason or exhaustion, perhaps?), and use this mare for her supposed talents. He could tell she was choosing her words carefully. She knew he was hurt but clearly valued her life. His bristling temper for a moment began to subside. She did recognize the threat before her. She wasn't mocking him for being injured, and as far as she knew, he had been injured by a peer of his, and not some pathetic grounded creature.

He didn't have to kill her. At least, not yet.

But the thought of her walking away, and him waiting idly for "help" only caused his irritation to flare once more. She couldn't be allowed to walk away, she couldn't share with anyone else what she had seen. For if word got to his grounded sister... The thought flashed red in his mind.

"You," he snarled, slowly folding his wings against his side, "find these herbs and bring them to me. If you think of fleeing, I will catch you." His words dripped menacingly from his lips. Though his chest was injured, he was confident and positive his wings could carry him if he needed to pursue. He took a heavy step towards her, and another, to close the distance as he spoke. His steps were slow, as to not scare her into flying or running off. Yes, he was confident, but did he want to make the effort to chase? Absolutely not.

`raze

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:41 am
This stallion sure was huffy. Aleera kept her wings spread until he lowered his, stuck somewhere between the two instinctive responses. Frozen, but not quite, considering her unwillingness to back down, to show fear aside from her wide eyes, to provoke his own instincts as a hunter. For surely a hunter was what he was. Unless he was posturing and making her feel that way, but, the fact he was still ornery enough even so wounded lead her to believe as much.

Those dual-hued eyes of hers narrowed as he advanced, though as his wings folded she gave her feathered ones a shake and tucked them to her sides.

Her ears dialled back a few degrees more, almost flat against her head.

"You're being ridiculous. I may have a soft heart but I am by no means a pushover, nor am I stupid. I've already said I'll help you and so I will despite your bad manners." Her hind hoof cocked itself, warily. "You accompanying me will only serve two things: to slow me down with your brooding and looming, and it'll aggravate your wound and I'll need more herbs to help you get better."

Great brute.

"Besides, I'm sure the herbs will be in short supply with the snow crusting them up, so it's up to you."

The proverbial ball was in his court, but Aleera was having none of his threats, non of his surly sass.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:28 am
If there was one thing Persy didn't like, it was being sassed. If there was one thing Persy hated, it was being told off by a lesser.

If he was not injured he would have acted out, shown this mare her place. Who was she to tell him off about his manners? Since when did he have to speak kindly or softly or say please and thank you? The thought made him bristle and his ears flattened against his head as he snorted, "You have some nerve to speak to me--" He stepped towards her and the pain was there. He winced visibly, and in that moment he knew the bravado was over.

He let out a sigh, and looked away from the mare, his ears flat against his skull and his voice gruff, "Fine, mare, I'll follow, not accompany... or what would you have me do?" He didn't want to watch her leave and never come back to play him a fool. He already had one lesser to catch, but one with wings? She'd be gone with the wind quite literally.

`raze

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:42 am
That one step was all it took to blow his ruse, and Aleera quirked a brow - silently, mind - his sigh saying enough for her. He'd just neatly proved her point, but he was still being obstinate.

Some nerve to speak to him? When she had more common sense than he did,
with all his posturing and strong-stallion-syndrome? Yes, yes she did. She shook her head curtly, and then blew a sigh of her own, deciding she could compromise.

But first.

"Aleera." She said pointedly, interjecting with relevant calmness so he would no longer address her as 'mare', or whatever else he deemed fitting, for she was tired of his horseshit already.

"You will stay here, and after I'm done collecting enough for a mouthful, I shall return to you. Each time. Is that a fair compromise, considering you seem to question my intent and integrity?"

Not something she approved of, by the way she twitched her tail. She felt for him, she truly did, but he was quite grating. The sooner she could be off to collect the herbs, the sooner she would be back. The only issue then would be how to apply the mashed up herbs. She had an idea, but she didn't like it,
nor would her familiar. But, well, what could she do, otherwise? Smear it with her nose and possibly get snot over his wounds and infect him? She would never hear the end of it!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:54 am
He was taking direction from lesser. With every passing moment the thought made him feel worse and worse. What a shitty day. What an absolute s**t day. First he gets gashed by a grounded and now this. What kind of Kalona was he?

"Stay here?" He questioned out loud, looking at her sharply before softening his gaze ever so slightly. She had not taken too kindly to him questioning her intent, which made him feel better that she would return. He brusquely looked away and muttered, "Yes, yes, I'll just stay put."

What a shitty day indeed.

Persephonix looked back to the mare, eyeing her thoughtfully. "Aleera," the name rolled off his tongue, foreign. He didn't make the acquaintance of others often. He began to turn away, back to the river where he could finish cleaning his hooves. He took a few steps before putting one hoof in the cold water.

"Call me Persephonix, Aleera."

`raze

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:36 pm
Well aside from his initial incredulity, he agreed to stay put. Progress, then, even if he was grudging about it. Or perhaps he simply didn't wish to hurt himself further, now that his silly posturing was over with. Yes, yes he would just stay there and not hurt himself more. Well, she could hope, anyway, and he certainly seemed okay with staying, for the moment.

Her ears twitched to and fro as he repeated her name ponderously, and as he turned to go, so did she. She hadn't asked for his name in turn, though perhaps she shou—or not, as he spoke, one ear flicking back.

"Persephonix? See you soon."

And with that she beat a slow and steady trot off through the underbrush, off to seek the herbs that would help; yarrow and comfrey were her first choices, and the former was the root. It made things interesting to find, with things frozen and cold. That alone had time dragging on a bit too long; the wind pulled the last bunch of comfrey she found and had to take to the skies to speed along her return. Her landing was tight, well-done in her eyes, and it didn't take long after that to approach where she'd first stumbled upon the cantankerous stallion at a brisk trot.

He could be p***y if he wanted, but she was back as promised. Bowing her head she spat the root and comfrey out.

"Some. I'll need more, farther afield, I think. I apologise for this first trip taking so long, Persephonix."

Would he be foul or more even-tempered, now that she was back after the spell of time she'd taken?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:13 pm
She sure was taking her time.

'She's long gone. You were stupid to trust a Wind. She literally could take to the skies, dumbass.' His thoughts had taken him to think negatively, and he growled without thinking. After washing his hooves in the water, he had taken to laying down along the bank, waiting for Aleera to come back. Well, if she was coming back.

'You just got to get your s**t together and get over this. It doesn't hurt that bad-- ugh, yes, yes it does.' His internal monologue changed course as he tried to reach to lick the wound, and the straining of his neck proved it. He closed his icy eyes and let out a gruff sigh. Soon, maybe.

It was her voice that caused him to wake up. He had dozed? He blinked hard and looked up at her through dark lashes. His eyes were narrowed, but only because he was still waking up. But she wasn't a bad sight to wake up to.

Only because she had just dropped off some of the herbs to heal him, of course. Obviously.

"Wait..." He started, the words clicking in his head. "This isn't enough?" His tone edged on irritation. "How much do you need?" He asked more out of exasperation than actually wanting to know. "Can't you use this? You said you were trained weren't you? Just... carry on with what you have here." He moved his head to gesture at what she had dropped off. "I don't have time to wait for more."

`raze

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:52 am
For a moment, Aleera stared. And then she sighed.

"I could use them, yes. But these are to help speed the healing, they won't do anything for your pain. But you'll have to wait, anyway, as I'm going to need my familiar's help." Her tail twitched. "She's not far away, but...you hurt her, I won't be kind."

She blew a sweet but exasperated and pointed breath. Foolish stallion. Of course she'd been trained, at least to the basic necessities to help speed the healing of wounds and the managing of pain.

"What I need to help you deal with the pain is the easier thing to find, as it's simple willow bark. So make your choice, Persephonix, now that you're a tad more informed, because your demands are starting to become more taxing than I'm willing to tolerate."

Her head was kept near his level, mostly so he didn't get huffy that she was above him, as his ego seemed a thing that was plenty bruised for the moment. Not that he didn't deserve it, she wagered, as he was being nothing more than a jerk, trying to bully her into skipping important things. Perhaps it was because he was in pain..? In which case he'd have no choice to wait or do more harm than good if he tried to skidaddle.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff