Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Movie
Movie News Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 am
Don't know why I didn't put up this topic before. Basically, I'll be putting up news as I find it out about the movie. I'd love to hear comments about what you think!

Latest news: Screen Gems and Scott Stewart dropped TMI movie!! *gasp* The movie is still happening though. This happened a long time ago (apparently) but was only just released as news. Constantin still owns the rights, they're just trying to find someone else to co-produce or try to fund it on their own. They're aiming to start shooting in August. Read the official post from Cassie herself here.

So what do you guys think of this new developement? Excited? Worried? Let everyone know!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:11 am
Who here follows Cassie on twitter? Did you see her tweet on the first? If you haven't, basically she's going to meet with the new director! YEEEEE!! Also, on the 29th Marlene posted something about meeting with the director and producer as well. This is WAY faster than Screen Gems, I'm so excited they dropped it. WOOHOO!!  

netherfreak
Captain

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:58 am
HAPPINESS FLOWS THROUGH MY VIENSSS~!
heart heart heart heart heart
I cannot wait for the movie. Or the upcoming books. T-T
THEY MUST WORK FASTERRR. xd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:17 am
i remember whe3n i found out they were to be movies. It started with a rainbow colored mushroom cloud, then two days of dancing and singing ' there making it a movie, there making it a movie' good times, good times...  

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:20 pm
A rainbow colored mushroom cloud... Oh my. xD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm
So I tried to post this yesterday when it was posted on tumblr, but literally as soon as I signed on to gaia, my internet died or something and then I got sidetracked. Anyway, GREAT news from Cassie. If you haven't heard yet, she met with the peeps at Constantin and it went very well. I'll just skip to the really exciting news: AUGUST 15TH SHOOTING DATE!!! Don't believe me? Go to Cassie's tumblr, it's all there. Or, if you don't want to go through pages and pages looking for it, click here and read the whole post. I'm soooooooo excited. This means that casting will start soon and if this will be anything like Hunger Games, which started casting around Feb last year, we could be looking at an early summer release for 2013. This is just my speculation and childish hopefulness 4laugh But yeah, my head almost exploded when I read that. Thoughts?  

netherfreak
Captain

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 pm
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE * explodes into rainbow mushroom cloud* heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:46 pm
netherfreak
So I tried to post this yesterday when it was posted on tumblr, but literally as soon as I signed on to gaia, my internet died or something and then I got sidetracked. Anyway, GREAT news from Cassie. If you haven't heard yet, she met with the peeps at Constantin and it went very well. I'll just skip to the really exciting news: AUGUST 15TH SHOOTING DATE!!! Don't believe me? Go to Cassie's tumblr, it's all there. Or, if you don't want to go through pages and pages looking for it, click here and read the whole post. I'm soooooooo excited. This means that casting will start soon and if this will be anything like Hunger Games, which started casting around Feb last year, we could be looking at an early summer release for 2013. This is just my speculation and childish hopefulness 4laugh But yeah, my head almost exploded when I read that. Thoughts?

I heard that The Hunger Games movie follows the book REALLY well, so I hope that they do the same with TMI, otherwise I'll be dissapointed. xD
CAN'T WAIT~!♥

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:39 pm
More news! We finally have a name for the new director. It's Harald Zwalt, most commonly known for the new Karate Kid, One Night at McCool's, Agent Cody Banks, and Pink Panther 2. Hearing his directing credits I wasn't estatic but then I heard what Cassie had to say about their talk in LA and I was instantly turned. First off, he thinks Magnus is "fabulous". She also said he seemed really enthusiastic about being a part of the project. Here's Cassie's recounting of the event, you can decide for yourself. What do you think of their choice?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 am
….I hope she reconsiders because ….a majority of those movies were horrors not horror films JUST HORRORS! I hope she does not want her possible movie series of books to be turned into another poor attempt at a book to film adaption. Those movies did not do to well there …not well written. Have not seen karate kid so can’t judge him on that. Loved the original Karate kid the first one …Mr.miyagi NOOO WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE!! ...I love Jackie Chan as an actor but no one can replace Mr. Miyagi. Unless you want to deal with a back hand from the fans.
1. Oh for angel’s sake don’t turn this into another Eragon or Percy Jackson. Both were very good well written popular books. Where their film is reels now? In a vault never to see the light of day. Where are there sequels …I don’t see any. Nope unless their authors sell their soul’s to the devil their not coming back. Unless a directors super ignorant to their own failed movie and wants to test fait again. I might just cry if they butcher the first film so bad not to get a sequel. Then this guild will have its own rage forum on everything ,I hate about the film
2. I hope that it might come within inches of harry potter’s legacy or lord of the rings. It better win a damn award or someone is going to go missing and they won’t find the body! @_@ lol it’s like 3am why am I putting so much thought into this?

I also hope that it won’t turn into ...*cough* twilight film saga. With crazy *cough* fan girls. O_o because if, I DEAL WITH ONE SQWEE THAT STOPS ME FROM HEARING THE DIOLOG ON SCREEN, I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO CHOKE A FAN GIRL! ….unless their sqweeing for Magnus that, I can understand BUT THEY BETTER NOT BE SQWEEING WHEN HE IS TALKING!!!

Today er…yesterday seeing as its well into the next day and I for some reason think it’s a good idea to go nocturnal when clearly ,I have work in the morning…..ugh must sleep eventually. Should not have had an ice coffee at nine o’clock super really bad idea on my part. Lol, I’m losing track of what, I’m talking about. Okay well back on track

Yesterday my boyfriend and I were at the book store. I have a weird thing now that ,I have to go to the young teen section and look at the MI and ID series just in case for some cosmic reason that perhaps ,I might get lucky and there will be a new vol. there . I don’t keep track of release dates. When the book appears, I buy it. It’s become my new OCD to check that series every time, I go to the book store. I’m loyal to this series what can I say. Well anyways my boyfriend says to me “you know their making a movie” and, I just started laughing “ Then we better get you started on the first book….and no you have no choice in the matter of seeing the movie . your seeing the movie “ . I am super excited for the movie to come out. My boyfriend got an earful. I made him read the first two chapters of city of bones on my kindle. Then talked his ear off about every AWSOME THINGS THERE IS IN THAT BOOK.

If the first MI movie opens as well as hunger games is, I will be happy ….now it’s even closer to 4 am
And I need sleep so yep here is my monster post and opinion,love you all good night! Er good morning!  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:44 am
Here is the best site to check on as things develop for the film. *shrug* I don't know if it has current news. Doesn't have a release year who know's twanty tweleve may have already happend so then it will be a real tragidy ...because the film never came out and the book series never finished. Oh lets not think about that I don't believe in that nonesense anyways.

LOOKY LOOKY ITS A WEBSITE!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1538403/  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:48 pm
xtigsx

I love your enthusiasm! heart That being said can I argue some things with you? I like discusing. First off, I really hope MI doesn't become the next Eragon or Percy Jackson. I was laughing throughout both those movies and it had nothing to do parts that were supposed to be funny, they were just laughably horrible. As for the director, he's been hired, he's on contract. Unless he walks away like the last director, which I don't think he'll do, he's our man. Even if there was reconsidering, Cassie (I assume that's the 'she' you're refering to) has no say in who gets what position.

Also, when you say you don't like him because the movies he directed were horribly written, how is that his fault? He didn't write them, he did the best he could with them. When I was younger I loved Agent Cody Banks. And Karate Kid wasn't that bad, but no, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the original. The biggest problem I had with that movie was it was called the Karate Kid, like they intended to do a remake, but throughout the whole movie they're in China doing Kung Fu. If they had just changed the name I would've been fine. Anyway, I don't think he's a bad director, but this is the first serious film he's done. Everything else has been feel good family comedies. He can't shoot MI like a family comedy, that's not what it is, so that's my biggest worry. You get where I'm coming from?

As for Percy Jackson's sequel, they're supposed to be starting filming in April, should come out some time next year. At least that's what it says on imdb. Just a little tidbit.

Finally, the fangirls. I share your sediments, I hate fangirls, but there are going to be plenty of them squeeling while watching the movie, as much as I hate to say. I rather have squeeling fangirls in the theaters than it be a complete flop, though.  

netherfreak
Captain

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:23 pm
netherfreak
xtigsx

I love your enthusiasm! heart That being said can I argue some things with you? I like discusing. First off, I really hope MI doesn't become the next Eragon or Percy Jackson. I was laughing throughout both those movies and it had nothing to do parts that were supposed to be funny, they were just laughably horrible. As for the director, he's been hired, he's on contract. Unless he walks away like the last director, which I don't think he'll do, he's our man. Even if there was reconsidering, Cassie (I assume that's the 'she' you're refering to) has no say in who gets what position.

Also, when you say you don't like him because the movies he directed were horribly written, how is that his fault? He didn't write them, he did the best he could with them. When I was younger I loved Agent Cody Banks. And Karate Kid wasn't that bad, but no, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the original. The biggest problem I had with that movie was it was called the Karate Kid, like they intended to do a remake, but throughout the whole movie they're in China doing Kung Fu. If they had just changed the name I would've been fine. Anyway, I don't think he's a bad director, but this is the first serious film he's done. Everything else has been feel good family comedies. He can't shoot MI like a family comedy, that's not what it is, so that's my biggest worry. You get where I'm coming from?

As for Percy Jackson's sequel, they're supposed to be starting filming in April, should come out some time next year. At least that's what it says on imdb. Just a little tidbit.

Finally, the fangirls. I share your sediments, I hate fangirls, but there are going to be plenty of them squeeling while watching the movie, as much as I hate to say. I rather have squeeling fangirls in the theaters than it be a complete flop, though.

I agree with the fangirl thing. And I really hope that they dont turn it into another Eragon. I was so pissed when this happened. Although i must say I will prolly be one of them (although my squeels will be reserved for magnus)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:10 pm
You won’t say that when this director ruins MI ….but if he doesn’t I’ll gladly eat my words. Poor writing *Pfff*…How about poor directing ….>.< I am on my soap box and I am not getting of it!  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm
o,o I will break a wind pipe if they sqwee to much ...  
Movie

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff