Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What to do When the Girl You Love is Straight Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ivy_sins

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:14 pm
Anyone know what to do in such a situation?

I'm bi, with a higher interest with being a girl for the rest of my life rather than a guy (although I have a daughter with a guy that I really was in love with...no, he and I are not together anymore), and the problem with this for me is that I live in a very small, rural town in the Bible Belt.
You can probably guess from that there is far less tolerance for the way I feel, but those girls who are also bi/lesbian are younger than I am (as in, immature and in the beginning of high school) or they are the opposite of my type of girl.

So, the girl I'm in love with is perfect to me: she's smart, beautiful, funny, adorable, likes the outdoors, likes animals, loves to see a movie and grab some take out, and understands my own, odd personality.

She knows I am bi and has never had a problem with it -- she doesn't even care when we stay together and stay in the same bed and we wake up and my head is resting on her back or shoulder. She used to be bi-curious, but I don't think she is anymore, because she's dating a guy and they've gotten serious enough to talk about a future family.

But, I love and care about her enough that I am just happy she's finally found someone who is better for her than anyone I've seen her with in the past. I enjoy her company deeply and miss her quite often, although we try to make time for each other between an infant, and her work and college.

Anyway...I'm not sure how to go about being in love with pretty much by best friend and being sure I will have a terribly hard time finding someone else where I live (and have no means to move elsewhere currently).

Mood: Okay
Music: Te Amo
Activity: TV

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:31 pm
I need to know the answer to this question too. I'm in love with my best friend who is straighter than the straighest person in the world. I've been trying to fall out of love with her but it is hard so I'm just going to give in and, maybe, tell her?

Uisce a

Gracious Informer

DrksStoryteller9000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:16 pm
i fell in love with my best friend and told her. she doesnt care, but i cant tell how she feels about me and i cant get it out of her, yes ive been secretly trying to get the answer out of her without her realizing it. but, i feel so strongly about her that i dont know what to do? i wish i could help out, but im kind of having the same problem.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:28 pm
I've been on the other end of what your talking about (Though I'm male, so it might change something?)
Anyway, when my best friend told me how he felt about me, I was quite shocked, but little changed. Eventually, he fell out. But our relationship was changed. I was no longer the one he went to for emotional stuff, and it kinda sucked.
I advise trying to not speak about it, unless you're sure they're at least somewhat into you.
You may eventually fall out. Hopefully.  

Falsequivalence

Ivy_sins

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:16 pm
Fatestitcher
I've been on the other end of what your talking about (Though I'm male, so it might change something?)
Anyway, when my best friend told me how he felt about me, I was quite shocked, but little changed. Eventually, he fell out. But our relationship was changed. I was no longer the one he went to for emotional stuff, and it kinda sucked.
I advise trying to not speak about it, unless you're sure they're at least somewhat into you.

I'm sorry to hear that it went that way for you, but at least you're able to share it with others like me. Thank you for that, and I will keep it to myself so I don't bother what she has going for her now. smile I hope you two continue to be friends!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:23 pm
Ivy_sins
Fatestitcher

I'm sorry to hear that it went that way for you, but at least you're able to share it with others like me. Thank you for that, and I will keep it to myself so I don't bother what she has going for her now. smile I hope you two continue to be friends!

No problem love.
And we are still friends, but not as close as we used to be. He got awkward around me, and he still is sometimes. But we still talk and stuff.  

Falsequivalence

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 pm
Straight up, cold rejection is a quick cure to love.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:55 am
hmm well u can still go out with her if u feel right about it  

D3monic_Dark_Angel

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:46 am
This is the point where you let her go. It's clear that she is moving on with her life and maybe you should too. Don't find nobody else so quickly; take time to pace yourself. Seeing what you wrote, you will need time for yourself to let her go. Things at this rate are not what they used to be and it's time to say goodbye. Just let her go.

Same advise for Uisce and Dragonlord; maybe just let them go before you cause pain on yourself. Some things in life are just never meant to be.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:40 pm
yum_tea yum_puddi yum_strawberry yum_tea

Whatever you do, just don't try to push your feelings on her. You can tell her you love her but it may or may not just make everything a lot more awkward. This has happened to me before and thankfully I was able to fall out of love with them, but really that's the best I can try to offer. Just keep trying to fall out of love with her, or try to extinguish your feelings to more of a "I love you, but it's okay if you don't love me, I'll try to move on but if I don't then I just want you to be happy."

On the other hand though, she sounds lovely smile

yum_tea yum_puddi yum_strawberry yum_tea  

peppermintpatchwork

GrandSoleil

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:05 pm
My advice - you will love her truly enough to let her decide. Maybe you should let on that you don't care either way anymore, you're just happy to have her at all. She'll come 'round, patience is a virtue my friend. (:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:06 pm
Falling out of love is hard. I havn't managed. I just keep reminding myself that as much as i love them, they don't feel the same and obsessing over it wont help. Sure it still hurts but at least i can stay friends with them  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

SoulsVixen

5,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 am
Wow, she seems like my kinda girl, too. You shouldn't try to force it on her and you should try to keep your friendship intact. I would love to support you more, but there's probably someone who can say it better or has all ready said. In your rough spot, sometimes it's best to let go. She already has someone, right? And she seems happy... It'll hurt but giving her up so she can be happy... Should be good enough...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:14 pm
The Neko CatGirl
Straight up, cold rejection is a quick cure to love.

Not for me it isn't.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

aleceil

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:57 pm
Well, I'd usually take a crack at the girl and they eventually kinda ''lead'' into the way I swing buuuuuuuut then a boy comes a long and then I'm thrown off  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff