Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:29 pm
OnsenMark
I'm back. I've been away for quite a while, due to real life issues. But yeah -- I may not be back full-time, but I'll be around.

Anyway, I'm Mark -- otaku since before I knew the term, been going to cons since '09, staffing my local con since... 2015? 2016? But I had to put that on hold because COVID and the aforementioned real-life issues, but I'll be back this November. My media backlog is currently horrific, as I have blurays I bought two years plus ago and still haven't watched. I play lots of Final Fantasy XIV, and I can't WAIT for Dawntrail. I'm hopelessly addicted to caffeine.

Again, I'll be around. 3nodding

Hi Mark, I'm very happy to see you on the Guild again. Also happy your life has improved. You're welcome to be a Crew Member again. Currently we are starting to work on the sub forums in the guild doing cleanup and improvements. I want to do a contest but I'm kinda stuck on what the theme would be. Feel free to post in an old thread or create new threads. If their is something that you want to work on please let me know and if you have any contest ideas let me know about that as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:12 am
OnsenMark
I'm back. I've been away for quite a while, due to real life issues. But yeah -- I may not be back full-time, but I'll be around.

Anyway, I'm Mark -- otaku since before I knew the term, been going to cons since '09, staffing my local con since... 2015? 2016? But I had to put that on hold because COVID and the aforementioned real-life issues, but I'll be back this November. My media backlog is currently horrific, as I have blurays I bought two years plus ago and still haven't watched. I play lots of Final Fantasy XIV, and I can't WAIT for Dawntrail. I'm hopelessly addicted to caffeine.

Welcome back,

Totally understand the backlog issue. I still haven't watched certain animes like HunterxHunter (personally think Yu Yu Hakusho is better anyways).  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:34 pm
OnsenMark

Hello fellow caffeine junkie! Nice to meet you, and welcome back!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:09 am
Hi I'm a cosplayer from the Florida space coast. My first con was Megacon 2011, and my first cosplay was Uryuu Ishida from Bleach which I made with whatever I could find that looked like his outfit, blue fabric paint, and a fake bow and aarow from Spirit that was for a Jame's Cameron Avatar costume(I was a kid and didn't really know what I was doing lmao)

My favorite con is either Metrocon or Holmat, and I hope to do a final fantasy cosplay next. I buy way too many keychains and plushies at cons and almost never buy prints or posters cuz I don't really like having too much stuff on my wall. I have a decent amount of figurines but I'm kind of selective on which ones I get  

ameliefraise

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:55 am
ameliefraise
Hi I'm a cosplayer from the Florida space coast. My first con was Megacon 2011, and my first cosplay was Uryuu Ishida from Bleach which I made with whatever I could find that looked like his outfit, blue fabric paint, and a fake bow and aarow from Spirit that was for a Jame's Cameron Avatar costume(I was a kid and didn't really know what I was doing lmao)

My favorite con is either Metrocon or Holmat, and I hope to do a final fantasy cosplay next. I buy way too many keychains and plushies at cons and almost never buy prints or posters cuz I don't really like having too much stuff on my wall. I have a decent amount of figurines but I'm kind of selective on which ones I get

Welcome to the guild.

Please ask me any questions you have about building any costumes. I have a list of FF tutorials that you can use as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:03 pm
angelmage99
ameliefraise

Welcome to the guild.

Please ask me any questions you have about building any costumes. I have a list of FF tutorials that you can use as well.

Thank you so much! I'd love to check out your tutorials 3nodding  

ameliefraise

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:41 pm
ameliefraise
angelmage99
ameliefraise

Welcome to the guild.

Thank you so much! I'd love to check out your tutorials 3nodding

Here's a link. I'm adding more bit by bit, but will be focusing on general skill building for the next little bit and be slowing down on getting list together.

Some of the tutorials are grouped. Like I don't have a link for Captian America or Hulk, but if you click the link for Marvel Comics, you'll find both of the subjects. The same with Final Fantasy.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:02 pm
Hello there! I'm Iris and I'm a cosplayer from the Midwest. One of my favorite cons is MomoCon. I absolutely love cosplaying as Nero Claudius from Fate. My first ever cosplay was Haruhi Suzumiya. Some of my favorite shows are Naruto Shippuden, Fate series, and Bleach. Other than cosplay I love to bake and go outside on my roller skates. Cheers~  

Steamy Techno

Partying Streaker

11,050 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:13 pm
Steamy Techno
Hello there! I'm Iris and I'm a cosplayer from the Midwest. One of my favorite cons is MomoCon. I absolutely love cosplaying as Nero Claudius from Fate. My first ever cosplay was Haruhi Suzumiya. Some of my favorite shows are Naruto Shippuden, Fate series, and Bleach. Other than cosplay I love to bake and go outside on my roller skates. Cheers~

Welcome to the guide.

I'm on of the VC's. I mainly focus on providing content about cosplaying and tutorials. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I've been slacking a litttle since I've been a sick a bit. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:39 am
Steamy Techno

Thanks for posting!! I've been cosplaying and going to Anime Conventions since 2009. It's a joy running this Guild because I get to meet wonderful people like you!! I happen to live in Michigan and have gone to cons in Michigan including Youmacon. I like Naruto, Boroto, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, and so many more Anime shows. I used to Roller Skate when I was younger and loved every minute of it. One of my Loves at cons is the fact that I'm an amateur Cosplay Photographer. There are links in my profile. Welcome to the Guild and if you have any questions feel free to message either myself or our Vice Captain Angelmage99  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:34 pm
Steamy Techno

Hello, and welcome!! I love the Fate series, one of my friends has been slowly getting me into it over the years haha. I love Nero too! She's so spunky. What are some of your favorite things to bake?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:16 am
Heyo! Its nice to meet you all!

My name is Bethany but you can just call me Orca (I love killer whales)- my online handle is Orca.cos! I have been on a cosplay hiatus for the past 9 months so Im excited to get back into it once I go to Katsucon! My favorite cosplays to do are Nezuko from Demon Slayer, Kise Ryouta from Kuroko's Basketball, and Denki Kaminari from MHA! I am a crafter, baker, musician and proud to be a cat mom to two fur babies!  

KaijosOrca

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:54 am
KaijosOrca

My name is Bethany but you can just call me Orca (I love killer whales)- my online handle is Orca.cos! I have been on a cosplay hiatus for the past 9 months so Im excited to get back into it once I go to Katsucon! My favorite cosplays to do are Nezuko from Demon Slayer, Kise Ryouta from Kuroko's Basketball, and Denki Kaminari from MHA! I am a crafter, baker, musician and proud to be a cat mom to two fur babies!

Welcome to the Guild. Our Vice Captain Angelmage99 is our Cosplay expert. Check out the tutorials Sub Forum to check out all of the threads that she has made for creating Cosplay outfits. Also feel free to ask her any questions about Cosplays she would be happy to help you.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:56 pm
KaijosOrca

Hi! I'm Angelmage99,

Angel for short. I also like Orca's. I'm originally from Washington State, they're the state's marine mammel.

As stated I'm the cosplay person. If you need help with anything, ask me. I have a lot of things that I haven't gotten to, so if you don't see it, just ask.

I'm currently working on a Shinobu (Demon Slayer) and my husband and I have a Ms. Joke and Aizawa (MHA!) cosplays.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Koetto

Original Gaian

9,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:19 pm
Hello, everyone 3nodding

I admit I don't really go to cons anymore, but in my teens/20's I used to plan all year for cons & go with a whole group of friends! I'd love to get back into it, even if it means going alone this time around.

My first con was Megacon 2006 in Orlando, FL, I went to Mega I think 2x (not consecutive years tho) and I don't quite remember what year, but Metrocon I went to twice also in Tampa. Locally, I went once to Wasabicon in 2016, but basically all I did was pay to park, get in & walk around for 30 minutes then leave because it turns out my "friends" didn't want to be seen with me because my brother had just had a kid & wanted to come along to get out of the house, and they thought it was lame to be seen with us. Needless to say I'm no longer friends with those posers stressed

I had plans to cosplay for years- Asuka from Evangelion, Riza Hawkeye from FMA, Maximum Ride- but due to costs, housing, and my friend group basically being a bunch of fake a** friends even long before I realized it I never managed to get around to it sad

I know it's never too late & cons are still a thing, so maybe this year or next year I'll be able to start going again & work my way up to making new con friends and eventually finally cosplay, who knows!

(P.S. I used to have an animecons.com account, but the site seems to not recognize my email or login & isn't allowing new users to register gonk )  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff