Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
First attempt at classical style music

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Music is...
  Art
  Fart
  Walmart
  The epitome of self-actualization
  The epitome of my a**
View Results

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:29 pm
So I've recently started writing my first attempt at classical style music (it's similar to a fantasy with new age elements). I'm hoping to finish this soon. I have a tendency to procrastinate when I write these kinds of things. Most of the pieces I've started haven't been completed razz Forgive the mistakes as I only started writing this last night. Here's a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUtEN-c7vi8  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:39 am
Omg....that's so beautiful!!! cat_crying

That's so crazy!! You're pretty much amazing for writing that cat_3nodding

Robexa Nebulon

Feral Star

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:37 pm
Robexa Nebulon

Aha my technique was absolutely terrible though. I had just come up with it like a little less than an hour before I played it. Kinda just made stuff up towards the end. I'll see if I can upload a better version with less mistakes later.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:06 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Robexa Nebulon

Aha my technique was absolutely terrible though. I had just come up with it like a little less than an hour before I played it. Kinda just made stuff up towards the end. I'll see if I can upload a better version with less mistakes later.

Pfffff!! What mistakes?! I seriously didn't even notice.

I feel like..maybe I'm just too amazed because I don't know a thing about music lol.

I can play a couple songs on guitar, but I can't read actual music sheets to save my life emotion_8c

Robexa Nebulon

Feral Star

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 pm
Robexa Nebulon
maui boy no ka oi
Robexa Nebulon

I feel like..maybe I'm just too amazed because I don't know a thing about music lol.

I can play a couple songs on guitar, but I can't read actual music sheets to save my life emotion_8c
I'm total s**t at improvisation. Can't improvise for s**t. But I can remember a song I played over 10 years ago that I haven't even tried to play without even trying. Still if you want to get better in regards to musicality, I'd suggest moving away from guitar and moving towards keyboard instruments such as the piano or the organ. Plucked instruments are simply too limited in terms of what you can do with them (with the exception of instruments such as the koto or the harp).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:24 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Robexa Nebulon
maui boy no ka oi
Robexa Nebulon

I'm total s**t at improvisation. Can't improvise for s**t. But I can remember a song I played over 10 years ago that I haven't even tried to play without even trying. Still if you want to get better in regards to musicality, I'd suggest moving away from guitar and moving towards keyboard instruments such as the piano or the organ. Plucked instruments are simply too limited in terms of what you can do with them (with the exception of instruments such as the koto or the harp).

Thing is...I only have a guitar lol. I do want to get into 8bit stuff...but I dunno what program to get for my DS or...even how to use it once I do DX.

I just need to set some time aside for it....take things one at a time. Just recently I started coloring my own arts. I think I did a pretty decent job too 8D

Robexa Nebulon

Feral Star

Saucey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 pm
I thought it was good, granted you may of slipped a little, but it will be better with practice.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 am
It reminds me of Splatterhouse, that's a wonderful thing, but then it gets super neato. Polish your talents a little more and you have a bright future, money.

Get into Chiptunes, worship the Follin Brothers, mostly Tim.  

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces