Quitting one of my jobs...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:27 pm
I can't help but think it very sad that I've been looking forward to quitting my job at the clinic almost since I started. It's been very disappointing, to say the least. Every time my boss asks how I'm liking it, all I can think to do is lie. What am I suppose to say to them. I've been feeling really guilty about it, because the vets who own the clinic, are anxious to "hire" me as a full tech and the techs are anxious to have one more tech helping out. But all the while they are making these plans I'm secretly not interested in working for them.

Its gotten that I dread going to work Saturdays starting 24hrs before. Yet I feel guilty only giving them Saturdays (now that I'm doing more hours at the store I don't technically need the clinic job at all).

Now the time has come to, either quit, or at the very least, take a month's leave of absence since I'll be doing 40hrs a week in another clinic for an internship. But I'm so worried about what my boss will think/say that I've been procrastinating, even considering working through it (meaning not a single day of rest for 5 weeks) just to avoid this. Ok, I'm working up the courage to request the leave, but now I'm waiting to hear how much they charge for a root canal. See I figure if it's not much more than the cost of pulling cowboy's tooth, I'll keep working just to be able to use my discount to save the tooth...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:28 pm
Best to quit then keep going with a lie.
Wow, but that sounds really hard though. I thought quitting is easy till I heard your case. sad
But why?  

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm
Jiti
Best to quit then keep going with a lie.
Wow, but that sounds really hard though. I thought quitting is easy till I heard your case. sad
But why?

Why what? lol, I allllwwaayyysss feel horrible about quitting. I'm so use to working contract jobs where, the summer ends and ur done, and then next summer they ask you wether or not u feel like working again. I've only had to straight up quit once. I procrastinated till the last day (to still give 2 weeks notice) and she guilt tripped me into staying on an extra week so she could stay home when her dog gave birth and I basically gave up having any time off between job and then worked a 10 week contract so, the whole summer, so I basically had no vacation at all that year.

I can't really put my finger on why I don't like this job. Mostly I feel useless a lot of the time. So MAYBE as a full tech, being allowed to do everything, I'd actually like it, which is why I want to try taking a leave before flat out quitting. But, I can see how my boss is going to be really inconvenienced having to replace me for a whole month. There are no other kennel/tech hybrids. She'll have to train someone to run the lab AGAIN. They're very pushy too, my classmate requested for weekdays off that month and they wrote up a contract for her to sign saying she'll work for them when she graduates cause obviously they're afraid she'll love it where she does her stage and leave completely.

I'm no good with confrontation, I hate saying no to people. I never want to disappoint. It's a curse.  
Off- Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games