Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I don't usually do this, but I need help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OceaNova

Beloved Lover

8,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 pm
Crew: If this is in the wrong place, I apologize and please redirect it properly

Hey y'all, so I don't usually like randomly asking people on the internet for help, but this is the GGSA and I need some support due to lack of knowing anyone because I JUST moved to a new city. It's about my boyfriend (classified heterosexual)...
I've been in love with him for 6 years, and we've been best friends the whole time. He's known how I felt through our whole friendship: through me coming out as a T girl and becoming orphaned, moving, all of it. He said he never felt the same. When I told him I was moving away (originally to get away from him because being in love with him hurt too much), he wanted to come with me. So he did. And when I came out as transgender, he wanted to be in a relationship with me, so we are. It's my dream come true - my perfect man finally showing his feelings for me. But it's not what I expected.
Am I wrong to believe that if you love someone, their body shouldn't matter and love is boundless? I understand sexual instinct, but I always thought love could conquer it. Anyway, we have been dating since we moved, about 4 months now, and we are NEVER intimate. Twice have we even made out since we've been here (and we used to occasionally hook up when I was male). He's "heterosexual" and says he's not sexually attracted to me. But I am a very sexual person who needs intimacy to be content. But he can't deliver and leaves me hanging every day. I am highly offended that he even has the balls to say he doesn't find me attractive and thinks my body is repulsive. He won't even let -me- touch -him-.
I love him too much to leave him now, especially since we're both in a brand new city, but this is killing me. How do I go about this? Anyone have advice? Have you experienced something similar?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:29 pm
it sounds to me like you're answering your own question in saying you don't want to leave him.

Kudos to your boyfriend for at least saying he wants to work through it. Transitioning can be as big a challenge to those around as the person themself. But, as you transition, you will physically respond more and more as female. (I had no idea breasts could be so ... yeah ^_^ ) I know hormones and such are rather expensive, especially with the job discrimination that's out there. So find a local doctor and start talking to her.

As frustrating as it is for you, I wouldn't push him too hard at this point. It's awesome that you found someone who is wanting to explore this with you. You also may recognize that he first knew you as male, and it can be challenging for people to get past the gender shift. He's going through a transition too.  

Siyuri Amamiya

OceaNova

Beloved Lover

8,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:43 pm
Siyuri Amamiya
it sounds to me like you're answering your own question in saying you don't want to leave him.

Kudos to your boyfriend for at least saying he wants to work through it. Transitioning can be as big a challenge to those around as the person themself. But, as you transition, you will physically respond more and more as female. (I had no idea breasts could be so ... yeah ^_^ ) I know hormones and such are rather expensive, especially with the job discrimination that's out there. So find a local doctor and start talking to her.

As frustrating as it is for you, I wouldn't push him too hard at this point. It's awesome that you found someone who is wanting to explore this with you. You also may recognize that he first knew you as male, and it can be challenging for people to get past the gender shift. He's going through a transition too.

You are so super smart! That's a lot of help, thank you! I have a doctor and have been on hormones about a month, and the changes are coming very quickly. It's so prevalent to the point where I can kind of feel myself going crazy - and I fear that I may push him away or act compulsively and freak out. I try to breathe and make sense of things when it's been happening, but it is truly difficult cry  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 am
Talk to him. I have no personal experience, but talk to him. If he loves you it will work out. I'll probably write more later.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items