Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
This is something we read in my Psych class Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:19 am
These questions are the reverse of the ones that are frequently asked gays and lesbians.
1.) What do you think cause your Heterosexuality?
2.) When and how did you decide you were a Heterosexual?
3.) Is it possible that your Heterosexuality is just a phase that you may grow out of?
4.) Is there a possibility that your Heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?
5.) If you have never slept with a person of the same sex, is it possible that all you nee is a good gay lover?
6.) To whom have you disclosed you Heterosexual tendencies?
7.) Why do you Heterosexuals feel compelled to seduce others into your lifestyle?
8.) Why do you insist on flaunting your Heterosexuality? Can't you just be what you are and keep quiet? (don't ask, don't tell)
9.) A disproportionate majority of child molesters are Heterosexuals. Do you consider it safe to expose your children to Heterosexual teachers?
10.) Even with all the societal support marriages receive, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among Heterosexuals?
11.) Why do Heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex?
12.) How can you become a whole person if you limit yourself to compulsive, exclusive Heterosexuality and fail to develop your natural, healthy homo sexual potential?
13.) There seems to be very few happy Heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that might enable you to change if you really want. Have you considered aversion therapy?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:47 am
xd those silly heterosexuals. Good thing we homosexuals know how to do things right. lol  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:29 am
OMG....really....really? .....REALLY?!

if my psychology teacher ambushes us with this crap then im gunna be p.o.ed.....

but about question number 4....well, kinda. theres a very painful memory behind that. xD im just so glad that im able to laugh about it and not project my fears on other people ^.W  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:30 am
Haha. I got a kick out of this! blaugh  

szowlee82

Ursine Connoisseur

17,965 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Bold Glow 150

Ivy_sins

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:33 am
This required a double-take on my part.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:06 pm
x{D

Uisce a

Gracious Informer

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:07 pm
Why not just get rid of those questions for every orientation in general, it's offensive no matter which way you look at it. neutral

Calling heterosexuals silly and applying that others do it right is just as bad as asking those questions to bisexuals, homosexuals, pansexuals, etc.....we will never find acceptance and peace if we keep doing this to one another.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 pm
^ that is the point. That these questions are stupid not matter what orientation is asked.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:14 pm
I understand that the point of the list is to demonstrate how offensive and useless the questions are. Unfortunately, I think it's sort of preaching to the choir.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 pm
It is a little bit, but this made me feel better, and it made me laugh about just how absurd these questions are.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:41 am
I dont think a couple of these are commonly asked.....well at least no one seems to go around asking girls if they're les because they have a fear of guys. A couple to gays....but just not really. Lol i've asked it......but well. That's different razz

But yeah these are funny. Though the point is wasted on us. We all already get the point eh? Need to prove it to others....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:08 am
funny  

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Falsequivalence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:00 pm
Yoseisame
These questions are the reverse of the ones that are frequently asked gays and lesbians.
3.) Is it possible that your Heterosexuality is just a phase that you may grow out of?
4.) Is there a possibility that your Heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?
5.) If you have never slept with a person of the same sex, is it possible that all you nee is a good gay lover?
7.) Why do you Heterosexuals feel compelled to seduce others into your lifestyle?
8.) Why do you insist on flaunting your Heterosexuality? Can't you just be what you are and keep quiet? (don't ask, don't tell)
9.) A disproportionate majority of child molesters are Heterosexuals. Do you consider it safe to expose your children to Heterosexual teachers?
10.) Even with all the societal support marriages receive, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among Heterosexuals?
12.) How can you become a whole person if you limit yourself to compulsive, exclusive Heterosexuality and fail to develop your natural, healthy homo sexual potential?
13.) There seems to be very few happy Heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that might enable you to change if you really want. Have you considered aversion therapy?

My Answers:
1.) The fact that I love boobs....
2.) I decided when I decided to like boobs.
3.) Nope. Boobs are pretty great.
4.) Naw. They just don't have boobs.
5.) Only if they have boobs.
6.) Everyone. They agree with my boob-loving
7.) I have no idea... boobs?
8.) BOOOOOBBBSSSSS.
9.) ...It depends. Do the teachers have good boobs?
10.) Because there's a boob disconnect.
11.) Because BOOOOBBBSSS.
12.) ....boobs...
13.) No one is stopping my loving of boobs!!!

Like, if I was asked that by a psychologist, I would literally have those answers. I really can't think of anything else.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:02 pm
I don't get it. Well I do, but was this as it is passed out in psych class to point out the ridiculousness of asking people why they are gay? Homosexuality was removed from the DSM a s**t ton long time ago.

I is confused... question  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:04 pm
Fatestitcher
Yoseisame

My Answers:
1.) The fact that I love boobs....
2.) I decided when I decided to like boobs.
3.) Nope. Boobs are pretty great.
4.) Naw. They just don't have boobs.
5.) Only if they have boobs.
6.) Everyone. They agree with my boob-loving
7.) I have no idea... boobs?
8.) BOOOOOBBBSSSSS.
9.) ...It depends. Do the teachers have good boobs?
10.) Because there's a boob disconnect.
11.) Because BOOOOBBBSSS.
12.) ....boobs...
13.) No one is stopping my loving of boobs!!!

Like, if I was asked that by a psychologist, I would literally have those answers. I really can't think of anything else.

^this^  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces