Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
You will be missed, Pumpkin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:37 pm
I know it belongs in Rainbow Bridge, but considering that she's been alive longer than anyone in the vet's office had ever seen, and that she was the last of my guinea pig herd, I figured she deserved this.

User Image

We don't know exactly what did her in. What happened was this morning we discovered that she had blood coming from her vulva. We brought her to the emergency vet, and they said that, given her age (between 8 and 10 years), she mostly likely had either kidney stones or cancer. Figuring that, either way around, the outcome wouldn't be good.. we had her put to sleep. She's currently in her final resting box, in our freezer since the ground is too frozen to dig her grave... it's so unreal right now, you know? She looked comfy though, her little eyes hadn't quite lost their spark when I saw her for the last time.

You can kind of see how bloody her blanket was, it became that bloody only after about 20 minutes of her roaming on it.User Image She was actually bleeding pretty heavily.. but she's at peace now..  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:11 pm
aaawww sad RIP, our old girl lived to be 9, her mate died from breast cancer, the first case of male breast cancer the vet had seen in 18 yrs of specializing in piggies, it is always awkward when you have to keep your dead critters in the freezer, our cat was in the freezer for like 5 months because it rained too much, my dad said she would float to the top.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:28 pm
The last of an amazing herd, sorry to hear that she passed, but now she won't have to be without Coca and Moo any longer.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Awe, I'm sorry to hear about your guinea pig :[

I would totally give you one of my sow's babies heart

Maybe you could check out a pet cemetery/crematory?

AshesToRoses

Adorable Star

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces