Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:17 pm
Welcome to the guild! We try our absolute best to make sure everyone is welcome and that we can talk about God freely among our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and among those who are new to certain beliefs or simply here to observe our beliefs.

Make sure to post what you would like us to call you in the guild and everything else you want to mention about yourself is up to you. Here are a few ideas for topics to mention about yourself:

1. Name your pets
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
4. Your denomination/beliefs
5. The name of your country
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

Keep in mind these are ideas and it is your choice how you introduce yourself and how much information you would like to share. Please, realize that you are not obligated to share any type of personal information about yourself that you don't want to share!

Remember to be kind to others if you feel you must respond to someone else's post on the introduction board for any reason. This is also a board where "bumping" is not allowed. Thank you and have a great day! ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 am
Great idea....I'm taking the topics as a bullet point list lol

Anyway, I'm musasgal, one of the VC's here at this guild. But you can call me Chrissie if you like.

now for the list:
1. I have 2 cats and a bird.
2. In the moment, it has to be the verse in Jer. about how God has a plan for you, which will make you prosper, nothing to harm, that can give you hope and a future.
3. I really don't have a clear favourite book, I like them all.
4. I'm 20, turning 21 in May.
5. I'm a Christian, which is cool.
6. I'm from New Zealand.
7. My favourite colour is.....PURPLE!!!
8. I'm unemployed in the moment (blame the current goverment we have over here) but is on a course to help me to get in the workforce.  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:10 am
Oh, how rude of me. I created the forum, but didn't introduce myself. How rude of me sweatdrop

Well, for starters everyone can call me Aquatic, Aqua, Blue, or Aquatic_blue. God is awesome and no matter what challenges in life I have faced, God has always been there. God works in such mysterious ways and I know he'll never leave me and I try my best to dedicate my life to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. smile I am also a Non-Denominational Christian.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:16 am
musasgal

Anyway, I'm musasgal, one of the VC's here at this guild. But you can call me Chrissie if you like.

now for the list:
2. In the moment, it has to be the verse in Jer. about how God has a plan for you, which will make you prosper, nothing to harm, that can give you hope and a future.
6. I'm from New Zealand.
8. I'm unemployed in the moment (blame the current goverment we have over here) but is on a course to help me to get in the workforce.

Hello sister Chrissie! smile
Your favorite verse can be found in Jeremiah 29:11. 3nodding Just informing you. smile
Also, if you are still unemployed, always remember your fave verse, God has a plan for you -- far greater than your dreams. smile  

sweetgrassitalic

Hilarious Dabbler

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Friendly 100

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 pm
blueladyy
musasgal

now for the list:
6. I'm from New Zealand.

Your favorite verse can be found in Jeremiah 29:11. 3nodding Just informing you. smile
Also, if you are still unemployed, always remember your fave verse, God has a plan for you -- far greater than your dreams. smile

That's the one!!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm
musasgal
blueladyy
musasgal

now for the list:
6. I'm from New Zealand.

That's the one!!

biggrin  

sweetgrassitalic

Hilarious Dabbler

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Friendly 100

freya micah

Super Wife

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 am
Hi everyone! im new in this guild...Im Freya Micah (Not my Real Name)....you can call me either of the two biggrin ..

we have a family pet cat named Mingzu....i actually have a lot of favorite Bible verses...favorite book in the Bible is Proverbs...Joshua 1:8 is one of them...Im a Baptist... I live in the Philippines...Im 18 years old...my fav color is white, pink, blue or blue-green, and purple. im a college student and im taking Pharmacy...

If you want to know more about me, you can check out my profile... 3nodding

So have a good day to all of you and God Bless! heart
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 pm
Hi Everybody I'm Jasmine

1. I have a Cat named Kasper
A dog named Buster
I also have multiple kinds of fish from Asia :]

2. "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4

3. I don't have a specific favorite yet. ^^"

4. 18

5. Christian

6. United States

7. Purple

8. I'm a college student

Liberty Lady

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:36 pm
Welcome to everyone who has posted so far! It's awesome see so many new members smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:44 am
My pets are Arcuna, Axel, Abigail and Astra.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.

My two favorite books are Daniel and the book of revelation.

I am 31 years old.

I am non-denominational.

My country of birth is Norway.

My favorite color is green.

Clerk at a gas station.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

i BooBerryMuffin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:39 pm

'Ey Guyss! ^c^
Sam I am ~

1. I have a Pug named Tasha C: Used to have bunches of pets such as a hamster named ninja and a kitty named pumpkin but now it's just the lil buggy dog. xD

2. My favorite bible verse so far is Proverbs 3:3 "Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart. "

3. I haven't read the whole bible yet,, slowly reading through it (:
4. Guess C': lol
5. I believe in following Christ and His word
6. US
7. Neon green :'D
8. Don't have a job yet but for now and forever an ambassador and disciple of God's compassion and His word

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 am
I am joining Aquatic_blue in welcoming new members! heart  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ready the Canon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:24 pm
1. Name your pets
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
4. Your age
5. Your denomination/beliefs
6. The name of your country
7. Your favorite color
8. Your occupation

Hello there! My name is Keiner, but most just call me 'K' [Kay] and I'm a 19-year-old non-militant christian of faith, not religion. I practice no rituals, and do believe very much in views that transcend the actual boundaries of one religion as i see all peoples as interconnected. I study world religions, world history, and various different sorts of spiritual and scentific-based beliefs that range from the belief in gravity, to the belief in the divine.

My animals are a cat, a bird and a raccoon. Their names are Casper, Ziggy and Bonnie.
My favourite bible verse - pardon if I paraphrase - 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.' because I feel it truly embodies the mercy one should feel for the sheer poetry and relatability of our flawed humanity.
I have no favourite book from the bible, but I know growing up the entire new testament was far less terrifying to my child-mind than the old, haha.
And before, I said I was 19. Well..almost. I'll be 19, this 19th of march. ^^
I'm of faith, not religion, so i don't quite have a denomination. I attend church only for work and should I need some place to think, but because I believe in the lord, I don't care much for which house or which practice. Frankly i don't think people are responsible enough to govern the people as they feel the lord intended they be governed, so i never once decided to step into such a habit. But I was raised by a pagan mother - a child of nature - and a baptist father.
I was born en route to France, but still in Hong Kong. I consider myself Italian by blood, French by birthright, but there's always some humourous debate on the matter.
My favourite colours are neck and neck - Indian Orange and Serpant Green.
I'm a full-time volunteer at my church where we do youth career advocacy and special job-training for troubled youth recovering from a criminal record or unstable circumstances. I work part time at a children's home down the road from my church, and part-time in a university/public library as well. On weekends, if I'm not preoccupied, I run errands for the people of Hayden Place which is a retirement and elderly-persons living community/nursing community. I also do seasonal work during the holidays for various different support and fundraising groups by recruiting, collecting monetary and material donations, advertising and any and all other labours i can offer.

I suppose that's all. ^^ I'm very much interested in meeting friend of the faith who don't have a massive chip on their shoulder, so that we can, you know, be brothers or some sort of siblings in arms. I hold no crude predjudices in regaurds to occupation, political views, sexuality, race, or beliefs. After all, there are so many mroe verses on the father's unconditional love and compassion than there are on his personal predjudices. And it does say int he good book that none may judge but the lord...ANYHOW!

Do feel free to send me a message sometime. ^^

Sorry about the typos.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:33 pm
Welcome to the guild! Nice to have you here! ^_^  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
The Bible

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]