Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:10 pm
Ametrin
Hello smile I saw the link to this guild in Garland Green's signature and I decided to join because my older guilds I used to participate in are rather inactive now.
I have been on Gaia for almost 6 years and I'm not very active on the site any more but I still check it every now and then.
I'm a member in the Methodist church, currently attending Lutheran services (not very frequently though). But regardless of church or no church I want to live for God and love Him every day.
I can't think of a particular Bible verse now... I love pretty much all of the New Testament books and also the Psalms.
I live in the Czech Republic (Central Europe).
Favorite colors? They are a few - blue, black, white, wine red, purple.

Hello fellow European! That is as long as I have been here. I hope the guild will inspire you to visit Gaia more frequently. I don't know very much about what separates a Methodist church from any other church in terms of belief.
How is your church?

God bless you, and thank you for joining!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:03 am
Garland-Green
Ametrin
Hello smile I saw the link to this guild in Garland Green's signature and I decided to join because my older guilds I used to participate in are rather inactive now.
I have been on Gaia for almost 6 years and I'm not very active on the site any more but I still check it every now and then.
I'm a member in the Methodist church, currently attending Lutheran services (not very frequently though). But regardless of church or no church I want to live for God and love Him every day.
I can't think of a particular Bible verse now... I love pretty much all of the New Testament books and also the Psalms.
I live in the Czech Republic (Central Europe).
Favorite colors? They are a few - blue, black, white, wine red, purple.

Hello fellow European! That is as long as I have been here. I hope the guild will inspire you to visit Gaia more frequently. I don't know very much about what separates a Methodist church from any other church in terms of belief.
How is your church?

God bless you, and thank you for joining!

What separates a Methodist church; I am not sure either; I think the doctrinal differences there are among the various Protestant churches are often something only the pastors care about but regular members may not even know what they are smile But since I moved to another city with my husband who doesn't speak much Czech we started attending English services, which take place in a Lutheran church and I enjoy their more traditional liturgy quite a lot.  

Ametrin

tuggle_love89

Conservative Businesswoman

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:45 pm
Hey there! I'm 24 years old.

1. I don't have any pets but I hope to get a puppy soon!
2. Heb 11:1: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
3. ALL of them
4. nondenominational Christian
5. USA
6. Pink
7. I'm unemployed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:30 pm
Hello, my name is Ashley... I'm happy to see a Bible guild on Gaia. Thank you for the invite!
I was introduced to Jesus by my father when I was three (it's funny how I remember that moment very clearly), but the past few years have given me a much closer and more intense relationship with Him than I've ever had before.
Um, I turned 20 on December 13th and I have been on Gaia since I was 12. I don't log on much anymore, but perhaps being a part of this guild will encourage me to do so. smile
I look forward to getting to know you guys!

a dharma bum

Heart Wrangler

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:13 am
tuggle_love89

2. Heb 11:1: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
3. ALL of them
5. USA
6. Pink
7. I'm unemployed

Hello, and welcome to our guild.
Seems many people are unemployed lately.
I will be praying for you, that you find work.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:19 am
ashoolay
Hello, my name is Ashley... I'm happy to see a Bible guild on Gaia. Thank you for the invite!
I was introduced to Jesus by my father when I was three (it's funny how I remember that moment very clearly), but the past few years have given me a much closer and more intense relationship with Him than I've ever had before.
Um, I turned 20 on December 13th and I have been on Gaia since I was 12. I don't log on much anymore, but perhaps being a part of this guild will encourage me to do so. smile
I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Thank you for accepting the invitation Ashley. We are also looking forward to getting to know you. How great it is that your father is also Christian! ^^
If you want you can drop by the testimonies subforum, and write about how you came to Christ. We always enjoy hearing conversion stories in detail.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Adalido Riftscribe

Rich Tipper

8,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:38 am
First, my own intro, then, since I like Aquatic_blue's suggestions, I'll answer them too.

Hi all, my name is Alex (though here Adalido is fine too). I love God, sometimes preach (youtube vid), teach, and lead bible studies (online via email and in-person). I've been born-again for almost 5 years, am married for almost 3. I enjoy studying the Bible, working hard, and growing ever closer to our Lord and Savior.

I also like spending time with friends and family, messing around on Gaia, and reading (mostly non-fiction these days).

I'm a foodie of sorts (I'll eat almost anything at least once), enjoy cooking and coming up with new recipes. Coffee is the number 1 drink in my house, followed by sweet tea, and milk.

God has given me a heart to serve and I do my best to put my talents to His use. In that vein, my church is training me to become a biblical deacon though in honesty the only thing left is the ordination and laying on of hands. I am by no means perfect but I know that the more of myself that is removed from the equation the better suited I'll be to serve God.

Aquatic_blue
1. Name your pets

Dogs:
Jenny (missing, though ): )
Trojan

Cats:
Lily
Pounce
Paws
Jessie (or whatever the male spelling of the name is)

Quote:
2. List your favorite Bible verse

Galatians 2:20

Quote:
3. List your favorite book of the Bible

Romans

Quote:
4. Your denomination/beliefs

Non-denominational

Quote:
5. The name of your country

USA

Quote:
6. Your favorite color

Not sure anymore, honestly.

Quote:
7. Your occupation

Electrician, self-employed  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:42 pm
Adalido Riftscribe
First, my own intro, then, since I like Aquatic_blue's suggestions, I'll answer them too.

Hi all, my name is Alex (though here Adalido is fine too). I love God, sometimes preach (youtube vid), teach, and lead bible studies (online via email and in-person). I've been born-again for almost 5 years, am married for almost 3. I enjoy studying the Bible, working hard, and growing ever closer to our Lord and Savior.

I also like spending time with friends and family, messing around on Gaia, and reading (mostly non-fiction these days).

I'm a foodie of sorts (I'll eat almost anything at least once), enjoy cooking and coming up with new recipes. Coffee is the number 1 drink in my house, followed by sweet tea, and milk.

God has given me a heart to serve and I do my best to put my talents to His use. In that vein, my church is training me to become a biblical deacon though in honesty the only thing left is the ordination and laying on of hands. I am by no means perfect but I know that the more of myself that is removed from the equation the better suited I'll be to serve God.

Aquatic_blue
1. Name your pets

Dogs:
Jenny (missing, though ): )
Trojan

Cats:
Lily
Pounce
Paws
Jessie (or whatever the male spelling of the name is)

Quote:
2. List your favorite Bible verse

Galatians 2:20

Quote:
3. List your favorite book of the Bible

Romans

Quote:
4. Your denomination/beliefs

Non-denominational

Quote:
5. The name of your country

USA

Quote:
6. Your favorite color

Not sure anymore, honestly.

Quote:
7. Your occupation

Electrician, self-employed

Welcome to the Guild Alex. I really enjoyed your sermon of your testimony and the draw God had with your will. smile He's really is something when we humble under His hand.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Adalido Riftscribe

Rich Tipper

8,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:53 pm
Hamul
Welcome to the Guild Alex. I really enjoyed your sermon of your testimony and the draw God had with your will. smile He's really is something when we humble under His hand.

Thank you and amen, he surely does. (:  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:16 am
Hello there! Been a while since I posted on a guild.

I came to ask for opinions for my studies, I am a scholar of religion and am interested in studying from a sociological perspective. For example, how minority groups interact with religion.

I am from Britain and my favourite colour would either be white, cream, or red.  

tulin13

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:45 pm
tulin13

I came to ask for opinions for my studies, I am a scholar of religion and am interested in studying from a sociological perspective. For example, how minority groups interact with religion.

Welcome to the guild smile

I posted in your thread but it seems to have been deleted?
I'll send my reply via PM in any case.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:46 pm
real eyes realize
tulin13

Fantastic thank you!!
I have no idea why it was deleted sweatdrop
I'm quite worried I offended someone. I certainly meant no bias or anything. That'll teach me for writing topics in a rush I suppose!  

tulin13

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:12 am
tulin13
real eyes realize
tulin13

Fantastic thank you!!
I have no idea why it was deleted sweatdrop
I'm quite worried I offended someone. I certainly meant no bias or anything. That'll teach me for writing topics in a rush I suppose!

Please post it again. It should not have been deleted. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:13 am
Bible guild Mule
tuggle_love89

3. ALL of them
5. USA
6. Pink
7. I'm unemployed

Hello, and welcome to our guild.
Seems many people are unemployed lately.
I will be praying for you, that you find work.

Thank you! God bless you!  

tuggle_love89

Conservative Businesswoman

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Abundant Merci

Questionable Inquisitor

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:22 am

Hi! As you can see, my username is Abundant Merci. My real name is Anna. I'm nineteen years old and I attend college in the US. I have one cat at home named Molly, and she's a little strange even for a cat. My favorite bible passage is Philippians 2. I can't actually pick a verse, because the passage in its entirety is my favorite. I also believe in reading the letters of the New Testament as letters (all at once) because there is much to be gotten from them that way. I'm an Evangelical Free Christian. From what I've seen so far, my particular church is just a modernized version of Baptist with a bigger missionary program. Well, what really matters is that I believe in Jesus Christ and I try my best to follow his teachings and grow closer to God with every step I take. My favorite color is orange because it's so vibrant, and as I said earlier, I'm a student. Though, I also volunteer quite a bit so I suppose that counts.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games