Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Harelia Dupont

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:43 am
Hello! My name on here is Harelia. I'm 18, and actually redheaded (though my eyes are poop brown emotion_awesome ).

1. My family has 3 cats; a one eye'd calico kitty named Mama cat_pirate , a fat tortoise shell kitty named Tooter Jack cat_stare , and a recently short tailed kitty named Buddy cat_crying . We also have 4 dogs; a chihuahua terrier thingy named Maple, a terrier mutt named Misty, A larger terrier mutt named Jenna, and this ugly old, and really smelly poodle-terrier thing named Murphy. Basically my family has too many animals. xd
2. This was a tough one, but Exodus 3:13-14a gaia_angelright
3. Isaiah is my favorite book right now. gaia_star
4. I am a reformed baptist. I do not believe that praying a prayer is going to save you. Just because you walked up an isle and repeated the words a sinner told you to say doesn't mean you are saved. Likewise, I do not believe someone dipping you in warm bath water and saying some words over you will save you. I believe that God is going to put the want of Him in your heart and that will save you and a true testament to that is how He changes your life. Salvation has nothing to do with our actions, but everything to do with God's actions. You are never done being saved. As Christians we should be working towards sanctification, which means working to be like him and that is a task that will never be completed and we will continue to work on until we die. I believe in the trinity. My church, and my beliefs are based off the Word and our main interpretation of it comes from the 1689 London Baptist Confession. I also believe that Psalm 91 is often misinterpreted as promises that no harm will come upon believers. I believe that the writer of this Psalm means that God does in fact rule the flight of arrows and the spread of disease and the length of life; and he can and does give safety and health and life to whom he pleases, so that it is always a free gift of God. But he does not mean for us to presume upon these promises as guarantees that God will not permit us to fall by an arrow, succumb to disease, or die at age 25. It simply assures us that nothing can touch God's children but by God's leave. I have a lot more beliefs than that, but I think this gives an intro to what I'm about. heart
5. United States yum_pizza
6. Blue or Green mrgreen
7. College student, going for a boring Associates of Applied Science in Business and hopefully soon will be working full time. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:55 am
Adalido Riftscribe
First, my own intro, then, since I like Aquatic_blue's suggestions, I'll answer them too.

Hi all, my name is Alex (though here Adalido is fine too). I love God, sometimes preach (youtube vid), teach, and lead bible studies (online via email and in-person). I've been born-again for almost 5 years, am married for almost 3. I enjoy studying the Bible, working hard, and growing ever closer to our Lord and Savior.

I also like spending time with friends and family, messing around on Gaia, and reading (mostly non-fiction these days).

I'm a foodie of sorts (I'll eat almost anything at least once), enjoy cooking and coming up with new recipes. Coffee is the number 1 drink in my house, followed by sweet tea, and milk.

God has given me a heart to serve and I do my best to put my talents to His use. In that vein, my church is training me to become a biblical deacon though in honesty the only thing left is the ordination and laying on of hands. I am by no means perfect but I know that the more of myself that is removed from the equation the better suited I'll be to serve God.

Aquatic_blue
1. Name your pets

Dogs:
Jenny (missing, though ): )
Trojan

Cats:
Lily
Pounce
Paws
Jessie (or whatever the male spelling of the name is)

Quote:
2. List your favorite Bible verse

Galatians 2:20

Quote:
3. List your favorite book of the Bible

Romans

Quote:
4. Your denomination/beliefs

Non-denominational

Quote:
5. The name of your country

USA

Quote:
6. Your favorite color

Not sure anymore, honestly.

Quote:
7. Your occupation

Electrician, self-employed

Welcome to the guild! smile How is it going with the missing dog?
Awesome that you have a heart to serve! Few people have that. They think that since they are leaders, elders, priests etc people should serve them, and there goes humility out the door. We should learn from Jesus, and his example of how to lead. Leading by serving.

Matthew 23:11
"But the greatest among you shall be your servant.

God bless you, and your church brother! I hope you get the chance to serve well. How is it going in regards to becoming a deacon? Are you ordained now?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:58 am
Abundant Merci

Hi! As you can see, my username is Abundant Merci. My real name is Anna. I'm nineteen years old and I attend college in the US. I have one cat at home named Molly, and she's a little strange even for a cat. My favorite bible passage is Philippians 2. I can't actually pick a verse, because the passage in its entirety is my favorite. I also believe in reading the letters of the New Testament as letters (all at once) because there is much to be gotten from them that way. I'm an Evangelical Free Christian. From what I've seen so far, my particular church is just a modernized version of Baptist with a bigger missionary program. Well, what really matters is that I believe in Jesus Christ and I try my best to follow his teachings and grow closer to God with every step I take. My favorite color is orange because it's so vibrant, and as I said earlier, I'm a student. Though, I also volunteer quite a bit so I suppose that counts.

Hello Anna! Welcome to the guild! smile
Very true! Jesus is what matters, and holding on to him!
What kind of college do you go to?
Thank you for joining us!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 am
Harelia Dupont
Hello! My name on here is Harelia. I'm 18, and actually redheaded (though my eyes are poop brown emotion_awesome ).

1. My family has 3 cats; a one eye'd calico kitty named Mama cat_pirate , a fat tortoise shell kitty named Tooter Jack cat_stare , and a recently short tailed kitty named Buddy cat_crying . We also have 4 dogs; a chihuahua terrier thingy named Maple, a terrier mutt named Misty, A larger terrier mutt named Jenna, and this ugly old, and really smelly poodle-terrier thing named Murphy. Basically my family has too many animals. xd
2. This was a tough one, but Exodus 3:13-14a gaia_angelright
3. Isaiah is my favorite book right now. gaia_star
4. I am a reformed baptist. I do not believe that praying a prayer is going to save you. Just because you walked up an isle and repeated the words a sinner told you to say doesn't mean you are saved. Likewise, I do not believe someone dipping you in warm bath water and saying some words over you will save you. I believe that God is going to put the want of Him in your heart and that will save you and a true testament to that is how He changes your life. Salvation has nothing to do with our actions, but everything to do with God's actions. You are never done being saved. As Christians we should be working towards sanctification, which means working to be like him and that is a task that will never be completed and we will continue to work on until we die. I believe in the trinity. My church, and my beliefs are based off the Word and our main interpretation of it comes from the 1689 London Baptist Confession. I also believe that Psalm 91 is often misinterpreted as promises that no harm will come upon believers. I believe that the writer of this Psalm means that God does in fact rule the flight of arrows and the spread of disease and the length of life; and he can and does give safety and health and life to whom he pleases, so that it is always a free gift of God. But he does not mean for us to presume upon these promises as guarantees that God will not permit us to fall by an arrow, succumb to disease, or die at age 25. It simply assures us that nothing can touch God's children but by God's leave. I have a lot more beliefs than that, but I think this gives an intro to what I'm about. heart
5. United States yum_pizza
6. Blue or Green mrgreen
7. College student, going for a boring Associates of Applied Science in Business and hopefully soon will be working full time. xp

Welcome to the guild Harelia! Interesting reading what you believe. It is not far from my own beliefs, and I am non denominational. Very interesting. God takes us home when it is our time, there is no guarantee how. Some will die from war, others martyred, some by illness, others by old age, and yet others will be translated while they are alive. However we die, or live, we live and die for Christ. smile Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Quote:
You are never done being saved. As Christians we should be working towards sanctification,

I agree wholeheartedly! It is not a matter of a simple prayer and then you go back to living your life as you did before, if you do go back to living in sin then I have my doubts that you were ever saved, since it is, like you point out not a work of man. It is God working in us. How can you be forgiven, unless you repent? You do not love sin, if you know God, but you work to crucify your flesh, a living sacrifice to The Lord.

Wow... That is a lot of dogs. How are they together? I have one dog, and I am considering getting a second one.

God bless you, and thank you for joining!  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Adalido Riftscribe

Rich Tipper

8,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:47 am
Garland-Green

Awesome that you have a heart to serve! Few people have that. They think that since they are leaders, elders, priests etc people should serve them, and there goes humility out the door. We should learn from Jesus, and his example of how to lead. Leading by serving.

God bless you, and your church brother! I hope you get the chance to serve well. How is it going in regards to becoming a deacon? Are you ordained now?

Unfortunately she is gone, I think. We had noticed a bit of rash on her hindquarters and my wife noticed her belly was swollen, like she had been rolled by a car. We haven't seen her since she went missing. ):

I too wish more would be willing to serve, but we each have our own responsibility to respond to God and no one can force it. I'm actually trying to put together a ministry group in my town that helps people whom have lost their home to some sort of disaster. Unfortunately not many are interested.

As far as the ordination, no, still waiting. Not sure on what now, though. The Elders are all in agreement as far as I know, and I believe we have the paperwork to make it 'official', but we are still waiting. Probably a good thing, though. I've hit a plateau spiritually and am having a hard time hearing from God. I'm almost 100% certain it's a spiritual attack, though. Even if it's not, I am exhausted spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. I have to trust God to bring me through this because I know without a doubt I certainly cannot bring myself through this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:55 pm
Garland-Green

Quote:
Wow... That is a lot of dogs. How are they together? I have one dog, and I am considering getting a second one.

My dogs are good together. All but Maple are over 10 years old, and all of them have never fought. 3nodding Maple's never fought either, but she's not even a year old yet. blaugh They play together and run off any small creatures. xp

Harelia Dupont

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:02 pm
Harelia Dupont
Garland-Green

Quote:

My dogs are good together. All but Maple are over 10 years old, and all of them have never fought. 3nodding Maple's never fought either, but she's not even a year old yet. blaugh They play together and run off any small creatures. xp

Haha. Lucky. My dog is pretty annoying. He can't do anything alone.
Follows me where ever I go, and when I am on the toilet he peeps because I am gone. His old owner was not so good when it came to training and raising a puppy. Now he is kind of emotionally damaged. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:11 pm
Adalido Riftscribe
Garland-Green

Unfortunately she is gone, I think. We had noticed a bit of rash on her hindquarters and my wife noticed her belly was swollen, like she had been rolled by a car. We haven't seen her since she went missing. ):

I too wish more would be willing to serve, but we each have our own responsibility to respond to God and no one can force it. I'm actually trying to put together a ministry group in my town that helps people whom have lost their home to some sort of disaster. Unfortunately not many are interested.

As far as the ordination, no, still waiting. Not sure on what now, though. The Elders are all in agreement as far as I know, and I believe we have the paperwork to make it 'official', but we are still waiting. Probably a good thing, though. I've hit a plateau spiritually and am having a hard time hearing from God. I'm almost 100% certain it's a spiritual attack, though. Even if it's not, I am exhausted spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. I have to trust God to bring me through this because I know without a doubt I certainly cannot bring myself through this.

If you don't mind I would like to pray for you. It is horrible to feel that exhausted.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Harelia Dupont

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:30 pm
Garland-Green
Harelia Dupont
Garland-Green

Quote:

Follows me where ever I go, and when I am on the toilet he peeps because I am gone. His old owner was not so good when it came to training and raising a puppy. Now he is kind of emotionally damaged. lol

Maybe he'd do better with a furry friend. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:34 pm
Harelia Dupont
Garland-Green
Harelia Dupont
Garland-Green

Quote:

Maybe he'd do better with a furry friend. cat_3nodding

That was what the wife was thinking. She is more used to dogs than I am. sweatdrop  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Abundant Merci

Questionable Inquisitor

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:12 pm
Garland-Green
Abundant Merci

Hi! As you can see, my username is Abundant Merci. My real name is Anna. I'm nineteen years old and I attend college in the US. I have one cat at home named Molly, and she's a little strange even for a cat. My favorite bible passage is Philippians 2. I can't actually pick a verse, because the passage in its entirety is my favorite. I also believe in reading the letters of the New Testament as letters (all at once) because there is much to be gotten from them that way. I'm an Evangelical Free Christian. From what I've seen so far, my particular church is just a modernized version of Baptist with a bigger missionary program. Well, what really matters is that I believe in Jesus Christ and I try my best to follow his teachings and grow closer to God with every step I take. My favorite color is orange because it's so vibrant, and as I said earlier, I'm a student. Though, I also volunteer quite a bit so I suppose that counts.

Hello Anna! Welcome to the guild! smile
Very true! Jesus is what matters, and holding on to him!
What kind of college do you go to?
Thank you for joining us!

Thank you! I go to a small liberal arts college about fifteen to forty-five minutes outside of Des Moines. There's a lot of great experience to be had, but it's very expensive because I pay for my tuition by myself. That and I try to stay as far away from the religion department as possible. I've found a church off campus that I enjoy attending and that I have many friends at.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:38 pm
Garland-Green
Adalido Riftscribe
Garland-Green

If you don't mind I would like to pray for you. It is horrible to feel that exhausted.

Please, go right ahead.

1 Peter 3:12 (KJV)
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.  

Adalido Riftscribe

Rich Tipper

8,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Grace from God

Blessed Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 pm

I have been part of this guild for some time, but I don't recall actually participating in it. So here it goes!

My name is
Elaine. People call me Lain, but I'm called Grace in Gaia (it's also my middle name). I am 25 years old and married to a godly man named Joseph (who is called Message from God here on Gaia). I have been a Christian for four years, and a Gaian for almost 10 years (with a few hiatus years). I live in Maryland, right outside of Washington DC in the United States.

1. Name your pets
Don't have any. But I hope to adopt a dog someday if we move to a house, Lord willing.

I have too many favorites, but one I've been thinking about a lot lately:
For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. -Romans 5:6-8

Romans

Southern Baptist

Born in the Philippines but grew up in the United States

6. Your favorite color
Blues, greens, purples, and brown

7. Your occupation
Web developer for an advertising agency

I hope to spend more time in this guild, and learn from and grow with other brethren here, as well as participate in the Great Commission here in Gaia.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:49 pm
Hello, my name is Emily. I have a husband, his name is Mack.
I'm new to the walk with Jesus Christ but, I'm slowly learning, I've started reading the NLT version of The One Year Bible for New Believers, it's amazing and, easy to understand for me.
Right now, I'm in the middle of a broken marriage but, anything and, everything can be healed through our Lord and Savior. I have repented all my sins to my family and friends and, I feel AMAZING and BLESSED to be a sister in Christ!

Psalms 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light for my path."

So far, that is one of my favorite verses!  

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:38 am
Grace from God

I have been part of this guild for some time, but I don't recall actually participating in it. So here it goes!

My name is
Elaine. People call me Lain, but I'm called Grace in Gaia (it's also my middle name). I am 25 years old and married to a godly man named Joseph (who is called Message from God here on Gaia). I have been a Christian for four years, and a Gaian for almost 10 years (with a few hiatus years). I live in Maryland, right outside of Washington DC in the United States.

1. Name your pets
Don't have any. But I hope to adopt a dog someday if we move to a house, Lord willing.

I have too many favorites, but one I've been thinking about a lot lately:
For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. -Romans 5:6-8

Romans

Southern Baptist

Born in the Philippines but grew up in the United States

6. Your favorite color
Blues, greens, purples, and brown

7. Your occupation
Web developer for an advertising agency

I hope to spend more time in this guild, and learn from and grow with other brethren here, as well as participate in the Great Commission here in Gaia.

Awesome that you have decided to be more active in the guild, and that you have a seal to learn more and grow. Gaia is a hard place to share the gospel, many here have really hardened insensitive hearts, but I hope you won't be discouraged, and persist. smile  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games