Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:43 am
Cuteness Squared
Hello, my name is Emily. I have a husband, his name is Mack.
I'm new to the walk with Jesus Christ but, I'm slowly learning, I've started reading the NLT version of The One Year Bible for New Believers, it's amazing and, easy to understand for me.
Right now, I'm in the middle of a broken marriage but, anything and, everything can be healed through our Lord and Savior. I have repented all my sins to my family and friends and, I feel AMAZING and BLESSED to be a sister in Christ!

Psalms 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light for my path."

So far, that is one of my favorite verses!

Welcome to the guild Emily! A great encouragement for you is that we are all the same in Christ. You have the same position as I do, even if I had known Christ for forty years, and you had only come to know him today. God bless you sister! ^_^

Matthew 20:1-16
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Laborers in the Vineyard

20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius for the day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the market place; 4 and to those he said, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ And so they went. 5 Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did the same thing. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing around; and he *said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here idle all day long?’ 7 They *said to him, ‘Because no one hired us.’ He *said to them, ‘You go into the vineyard too.’

8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard *said to his foreman, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last group to the first.’ 9 When those hired about the eleventh hour came, each one received a denarius. 10 When those hired first came, they thought that they would receive more; but each of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they grumbled at the landowner, 12 saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the scorching heat of the day.’ 13 But he answered and said to one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong; did you not agree with me for a denarius? 14 Take what is yours and go, but I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. 15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye envious because I am generous?’ 16 So the last shall be first, and the first last.”  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:21 pm
Hi, I’m Rylan. “Redacted” is just a placeholder for my last name, so please don’t call me that. wink

1. Pets: None (unless you count a bunch of very well-loved avocado seedlings)
2. Favorite Bible verse: Undecided
3. Favorite book of the Bible: Ecclesiastes
4. Denomination/beliefs: None
5. Country: USA
6. Favorite color: Blue and green
7. Occupation: Intern

Thanks for letting me be a part of your community! I look forward to learning more!  

Rylan -redacted-

Dangerous Bookworm

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:35 am
Rylan -redacted-
Hi, I’m Rylan. “Redacted” is just a placeholder for my last name, so please don’t call me that. wink

1. Pets: None (unless you count a bunch of very well-loved avocado seedlings)
2. Favorite Bible verse: Undecided
3. Favorite book of the Bible: Ecclesiastes
4. Denomination/beliefs: None
5. Country: USA
6. Favorite color: Blue and green
7. Occupation: Intern

Thanks for letting me be a part of your community! I look forward to learning more!
¨Welcome to the guild Rylan! Don't hesitate to participate in threads, or make your own.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:38 pm
Hello everyone smile you can call me E

1. I have a cat and a guinea pig
2. My favorite bible verse is John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
and John 1:51 And He said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."
3. The Gospel of John
4. Christian
5. United States
6. Green
7. Student (college)
Well thats about it smile  

illiandruss

Chatty Businessman

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:17 am
illiandruss

2. My favorite bible verse is John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
and John 1:51 And He said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."
3. The Gospel of John
4. Christian
5. United States
6. Green
7. Student (college)

Welcome to the Guild, E!
That's one of my favorite verses, too. John 3:16. If I had to pick a favorite book, I would probably say Ephesians. I'm still in the process of reading the entire Bible from the beginning so we'll see.
But anyway, as Garland has mentioned previously, please feel free to participate in threads or make your own : )

God bless, E!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:08 pm
Spirit Reborn
illiandruss

3. The Gospel of John
4. Christian
5. United States
6. Green
7. Student (college)

Welcome to the Guild, E!
That's one of my favorite verses, too. John 3:16. If I had to pick a favorite book, I would probably say Ephesians. I'm still in the process of reading the entire Bible from the beginning so we'll see.
But anyway, as Garland has mentioned previously, please feel free to participate in threads or make your own : )

God bless, E!

THank you very much smile and yeah ive always liked them two. I am also still in the process of reading the entire thing but ive studied the gospel of john more then anyone cause thats my favorite book. smile  

illiandruss

Chatty Businessman

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:06 am
My name is Dina. smile

1. I have no pets right now. I just have a small apartment.
2. Isaiah 40:31 has always stuck with me and perks me up: "but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
3. My favorite book of the Bible is whichever one I'm focusing on at the moment. I've been thinking about Isaiah all winter.
4. Eastern Orthodox (Bulgarian) It is my heritage, but I was not raised with it, I came to Christ later. I feel very blessed as so many of my family raised under communism did not get that chance.
5. United States, but I do have dual-citizenship between it and Bulgaria.
6. I like all the colors of the sunset, but if I had to settle on one I think it would be burnt orange.
7. I do temp work and I'm also an illustrator and sell paintings when I have something finished.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:04 am
Greetings, salutations, and howdy. People call me 'Bait. Loong-time Gaian, even longer time Christian. Married with no kids (but four pets), martial artist and amateur anomalist. Okay, on to the list:

1. Currently three cats (Fritz, Greyce, and OJ) and one dog (Baby -- it's not my fault).
2. No particular favorite verse.
3. Luke's gospel would be my favorite book: in some ways, he wasn't just a physician, but the original investigative journalist.
4. Methodist, largely, but I've studied many different views and absorbed a few bits from each of them.
5. America. United States. The former Confederacy. Georgia, somewhere near the middle, if you want specifics.
6. Color for what? Eh, I lean towards black and blue ... yes, like a giant bruise.
7. Supervisor at a work-rehab facility, former martial arts teacher, occasional bouncer.  

Dragonbait

Steadfast Elder

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:41 pm
Silvyee
My name is Dina. smile

1. I have no pets right now. I just have a small apartment.
2. Isaiah 40:31 has always stuck with me and perks me up: "but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
3. My favorite book of the Bible is whichever one I'm focusing on at the moment. I've been thinking about Isaiah all winter.
4. Eastern Orthodox (Bulgarian) It is my heritage, but I was not raised with it, I came to Christ later. I feel very blessed as so many of my family raised under communism did not get that chance.
5. United States, but I do have dual-citizenship between it and Bulgaria.
6. I like all the colors of the sunset, but if I had to settle on one I think it would be burnt orange.
7. I do temp work and I'm also an illustrator and sell paintings when I have something finished.

Welcome to the guild Dina, and God bless you sister! smile
Is my impression right when I think that it was very strict during Communism, and that Christianity was outlawed? I saw a movie recently from the culture revolution in China based on a true story, and it was terrible to be a Christian during it. You were viewed as an enemy, or as someone espousing an idea that was in the way of Communism. Was it any similar in Bulgaria? What is your painting style? Do you use acrylics?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:48 pm
Dragonbait
Greetings, salutations, and howdy. People call me 'Bait. Loong-time Gaian, even longer time Christian. Married with no kids (but four pets), martial artist and amateur anomalist. Okay, on to the list:

1. Currently three cats (Fritz, Greyce, and OJ) and one dog (Baby -- it's not my fault).
3. Luke's gospel would be my favorite book: in some ways, he wasn't just a physician, but the original investigative journalist.
4. Methodist, largely, but I've studied many different views and absorbed a few bits from each of them.
5. America. United States. The former Confederacy. Georgia, somewhere near the middle, if you want specifics.
6. Color for what? Eh, I lean towards black and blue ... yes, like a giant bruise.
7. Supervisor at a work-rehab facility, former martial arts teacher, occasional bouncer.

Welcome to the guild brother, and God bless you!
What is an anomalist? Luke is probably my favorite gospel writer for the same reason. I like when things are orderly (Luke 1:3). Wow! Ten years on Gaia. You joined back in 2003 then. I am a year younger than you so I missed out on the good old days. You were Christian when you joined then? Just curious, but when did you come to faith? smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Masuyo-Rie-Takahashi

Gaian

3,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:27 pm
Hello there! My name is Hannah but people call me shark girl. I have been a Christian for 9 solid years and I am continuing to seek answers and grow in the lord not only on ny own personally but with others that I meet who believe as we encourage each other and grow together. I am settling into a UCC church with my girlfriend after we were kicked out of our last church for being gay. We just went through a terrible season last year that we are finally healing and moving on from. God is seeing us through each day and reminding us of His love for us. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you. It is always wonderful to meet other believers in Christ. God bless each of you!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:01 am
SharkGirlFL
Hello there! My name is Hannah but people call me shark girl. I have been a Christian for 9 solid years and I am continuing to seek answers and grow in the lord not only on ny own personally but with others that I meet who believe as we encourage each other and grow together. I am settling into a UCC church with my girlfriend after we were kicked out of our last church for being gay. We just went through a terrible season last year that we are finally healing and moving on from. God is seeing us through each day and reminding us of His love for us. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you. It is always wonderful to meet other believers in Christ. God bless each of you!

Welcome to the guild, and God bless you too! smile I am sorry about your experience being kicked out of church. It is not something a church should do. Jesus didn't kick people out of his presence when they disappointed him. Even though he may not have approved of the things that someone of the people that came to him had done, he allowed them to come to him.

Mark 2:17
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.

What denomination is a UCC church?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Dragonbait

Steadfast Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:54 pm
Garland-Green
Dragonbait

Welcome to the guild brother, and God bless you!
What is an anomalist? Luke is probably my favorite gospel writer for the same reason. I like when things are orderly (Luke 1:3). Wow! Ten years on Gaia. You joined back in 2003 then. I am a year younger than you so I missed out on the good old days. You were Christian when you joined then? Just curious, but when did you come to faith? smile
*Bows.* Thank you, thrilled to be here. And I've been a Christian for ... well, longer than some of your other members have been alive. Yeah, I'm an old coot.

And "anomalist" is ... well, I study anomalies. The little weirdnesses in life that make this universe so much fun. UFO reports, ghost stories, odd animals, strange incidents, and the unexplained. The St. Augustine monster, the Tunguska event, the Shroud of Turin ... things like that. Further explanation would probably be better suited for a thread or PMs, I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:20 am
Umm .. okay its 3:am and i hope i make sense . My names is Roseish, people call me Rose

1. Name your pets ~ Wolfy and Freya ^_^ i love my cats very much .
2. List your favorite Bible verse~ n/a
3. List your favorite book of the Bible~ n/a
4. Your denomination/beliefs~ ... I don't know .
5. The name of your country ~The states
6. Your favorite color ~Pink
7. Your occupation ~ none i suffer from ptsd and other stuffs..

Thats a little bit bout me . Soo Allo >_> * waves*

Rosie Blush Red

Tricky Fairy

19,325 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:14 am
Roseish
Umm .. okay its 3:am and i hope i make sense . My names is Roseish, people call me Rose

1. Name your pets ~ Wolfy and Freya ^_^ i love my cats very much .
2. List your favorite Bible verse~ n/a
3. List your favorite book of the Bible~ n/a
4. Your denomination/beliefs~ ... I don't know .
5. The name of your country ~The states
6. Your favorite color ~Pink
7. Your occupation ~ none i suffer from ptsd and other stuffs..

Thats a little bit bout me . Soo Allo >_> * waves*

Hello Roseish! Welcome to the guild, and God bless you. ^^
Horrible thing to suffer from. I hope you are getting help for it,
and the other things that are hurting you. Feel free too look around, and
join in at what ever discussion you feel like.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games