Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:50 am
Le Honey

Ophelias Bathwater

myusikah

Wildear19

Novus Initium

Kyprius

Hello everybody, and welcome to the guild! ^_^
We are happy to have you with us.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:31 am
Garland-Green

and i'm happy to be here emotion_c8 I've never made so many threads about anything before, it's rather exciting.  

Wildear19

kathrynkitty

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:56 pm
first off I'll like to say Thank you so much for inviting me to this guild. heart

now for a little about me. My name is Kathryn but you can call me Kitty or Kat. I'm 23 and currently studying art and graphic design in college. I don't currently have a job but I do help out at my church's office every week and fold the bulletins and help out with other little things.
My favorite color is orange, I have two pet bunnies Jojo and Cece. my faveorite hobbies are Drawing, video games, and studying Japanese.
I guess that's pretty much it, feel free to ask if you want to know more about me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:53 am
kathrynkitty
first off I'll like to say Thank you so much for inviting me to this guild. heart

now for a little about me. My name is Kathryn but you can call me Kitty or Kat. I'm 23 and currently studying art and graphic design in college. I don't currently have a job but I do help out at my church's office every week and fold the bulletins and help out with other little things.
My favorite color is orange, I have two pet bunnies Jojo and Cece. my faveorite hobbies are Drawing, video games, and studying Japanese.
I guess that's pretty much it, feel free to ask if you want to know more about me.

Welcome to the guild Kathryn! heart All things help. Sometimes it is the small (little) things that have an effect. =) Keep up the good work.

1 Samuel 17:40
He took his stick in his hand and chose for himself five smooth stones from the brook, and put them in the shepherd's bag which he had, even in his pouch, and his sling was in his hand; and he approached the Philistine.

Matthew 13:32
and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that THE BIRDS OF THE AIR come and NEST IN ITS BRANCHES."

John 6:9
"There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two fish, but what are these for so many people?"  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:54 am
Wildear19
Garland-Green

and i'm happy to be here emotion_c8 I've never made so many threads about anything before, it's rather exciting.

That is really good to hear. ^_^ Make as many threads as you want. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:14 am
I love the idea of this guild. Thank you for making it heart
I'm Jennifer, but call me Jen. I'm currently 16 yrs old 17 in October smile
I love to draw, make new friends, and help others be happy and feel loved.
1. I have two dogs, one's name is Bella and the other is Jimmy Jr.
2.My favorite verse is 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 heart
3. My favorite book is 1 Corinthians whee
4. I believe in God, Jesus and TheHoly spirit together as one. I am a christian who believes to make everyone happy, and allow them to know someone loves them all the time no matter of their sins.
5. Florida
6. Pink
7. Not currently employed, still a high school student.  

Hime-Jenisan

Nine-tailed Galaxy

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:51 pm
Welcome
The Kings Kid

Feel free to introduce yourself 4laugh

Galatians 3:28 ESV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:31 am
1. Name your pets - well i can't dont have pets ^___^
2. List your favorite Bible verse - plsam 121, this gave me streght many times before
3. List your favorite book of the Bible - i cant chose only one but i do like ecclesiastes smile God reminds us that there's time for all things smile
4. Your denomination/beliefs - i am christian evangelic
5. The name of your country - portugal
6. Your favorite color - orange
7. Your occupation - unployed at the moment, because of that i am full time mom of a one year old, but God knows all things  

setsuna_PT

Romantic Gaian

13,875 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:38 am
I am not very new to this guild, but I still want to introduce myself. I am Angelus1987. I am 27, married and have a wonderful son.
I have one mix breed dog named Candy Marie Corn. She is a beagle, basset hound, and cocker spaniel mix.
Psalm 144:1-2 is my favorite verses "1 Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: 2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me."
My favorite books of the Bible are Job and Proverbs.
I attend the Methodist Church but don't claim denomination. Denomination just seems to seperate the church as a whole.
I currently live in the United States, but will be joining the Army soon and may change where I live.
My favorite color is orange, but I also like red and blue.
I currently work over nights as night stock
Southern Ohio Chrysalis flight number 13 table of Jesus
Fly with Christ! biggrin mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:12 pm
Hi! I'm Faith. Same to the man above, I'm not new to this guild as my main account have joined this guild a couple of years ago. There's really not much to say about me, only that I'm struggling to escape being worldly. It's an exhausting battle, especially of you don't love God too much and are not yet prepared in surrendering all to Him. For this I humbly ask you guys to pray for my spiritual life and struggles here on Earth. I know I was not made for this world. Any readings you would like me to read to further cultivate my growth in Christian living would be highly appreciated. 3nodding Love you all, guys. Let us continue to hold on His steadfast love.  

Wildberry Tart

Blessed Noob

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Generous 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:00 am
xxdreamingforeverxx

Welcome to the guild Jen. Thank you or joining us. I hope you won't be intimidated to make posts, and join in on conversations. heart

setsuna_PT

Hello fellow European. Welcome to the guild. Thank you for joining us!
How is Portugal for evangelical Christians? What would you say is the dominating belief in Portugal`? I am just curious. I like to ask people, from various places to see if it is different from where I live. ^_^

Angelus1987

Welcome to the guild brother! ^_^
lol. I have to ask. What is "Southern Ohio Chrysalis flight number 13"?
We'll be praying for you as you go into the military. That is a tough job.

Cherry Hazelnut

Hello Faith! Thank you for introducing yourself, and for setting an example in honesty. Very brave, and commendable to admit weaknesses. ^_^ heart If we don't admit weaknesses then we are often left to ourselves, struggling by ourselves, and alone. If I was to give you advice it would be to lean on the Spirit. Heavily on the Spirit. This video could be relevant to your situation, it is to mine. God bless you. Don't give up. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:17 am
kathrynkitty

That is so cool! I've always wanted to study arts and graphic design. Due to it being an "unstable" profession as the people around me have said, I ended up taking Mathematics instead. crying  

Wildberry Tart

Blessed Noob

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Generous 100

Wildberry Tart

Blessed Noob

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:23 am
Garland-Green
Hello Faith! Thank you for introducing yourself, and for setting an example in honesty. Very brave, and commendable to admit weaknesses. ^_^ heart If we don't admit weaknesses then we are often left to ourselves, struggling by ourselves, and alone. If I was to give you advice it would be to lean on the Spirit. Heavily on the Spirit. This video could be relevant to your situation, it is to mine. God bless you. Don't give up. smile

To be honest, I know that I am still a baby Christian, no, a fetus. Haha. I've seen people who are utterly devoted to God and I'm so envious about their relationship with God (I've watched a clip at CBN ago about the author of Reckless Devotion and I'm deeply moved by it. It was so inspiring). Looking at them, it's like they've reached transcendental state.

How do you define "lean heavily on the Spirit"? I mean, how will I do that? What steps should I take? How will I know if I'm being lead by the Spirit and not just my own mundane liking?
P.S. Going to watch the vid now, thanks. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:00 am
Cherry Hazelnut
Garland-Green

To be honest, I know that I am still a baby Christian, no, a fetus. Haha. I've seen people who are utterly devoted to God and I'm so envious about their relationship with God (I've watched a clip at CBN ago about the author of Reckless Devotion and I'm deeply moved by it. It was so inspiring). Looking at them, it's like they've reached transcendental state.

How do you define "lean heavily on the Spirit"? I mean, how will I do that? What steps should I take? How will I know if I'm being lead by the Spirit and not just my own mundane liking?
P.S. Going to watch the vid now, thanks. smile

We are told that is we lack something we are to pray for it. Be it assistance, or even wisdom (James 1:5), or the Holy Spirits help when tempted and we feel weak to resist. The Holy Spirit enables us to do God's will. If we try to do it on our own, at least it has been my experience, I have come short, because I am not the one working in me. I am not a work of my own hands, and my own abilities. It is only through the Holy Spirit’s power that we can resist temptation and live victorious for Christ!

Neither you or I know about anyone's walk with Christ, except from what we can gleam from peoples personal life, and the things they say. I could appear pious on the outside, but have not come to a saving knowledge of Jesus. We don't know how "transcendental" (don't like that word because it has negative connotation for me XD), anyone really is compared to how we are. It is better for us not to be jealous, that doesn't really benefit us at all (unless it inspires us to get closer to God), but bring things to God in prayer, and to be persistent, God give freely to those who asks (James 1:5). God has promised to work in us, and we need only to let Him do His work.

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

What does the things you are doing center around? That is how you find out. Is it selfish ambition? Is it pleasing your eyes, or fulfilling a desire to hoard up treasure? Is it a desire for prestige, and recognition? You can find out by comparing what God has revealed to us about the Spirit in Scripture:

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

1 Corinthians 6:18_20
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Romans 5:5
And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

1 Thessalonians 1:5
For when we brought you the Good News, it was not only with words but also with power, for the Holy Spirit gave you full assurance that what we said was true. And you know of our concern for you from the way we lived when we were with you.

A word of encouragement:

Matthew 20:15-16
'Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye envious because I am generous?' "So the last shall be first, and the first last."

In Jesus everyone is paid the same. There is no inequality in terms of me having been a Christian longer than you. I get the same payment you do, and you are viewed by God as I am, through the righteousness you have been given through Jesus. ^^ Since God is impartial, He's expecting us to act the same.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

setsuna_PT

Romantic Gaian

13,875 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:33 am
Garland-Green

Hello fellow European. Welcome to the guild. Thank you for joining us!
How is Portugal for evangelical Christians? What would you say is the dominating belief in Portugal`? I am just curious. I like to ask people, from various places to see if it is different from where I live. ^_^

how is portugal for evangelical christians? before i reply you this question i would reply to the other one, the main religious belief in portugal is the catholic, so many people believe in images, in mary the mother of Christ instead of believing in the Son, in here you have like 20 festival or more in behalf of mary or another saints.

before i used to be catholic, first because my parents were, but that doesnt mean that i believed in what was teached to me.. i used to see so many things happening in the church itself that i kind of lost myself there... i believed in the past (when i was one with the world) that it doesnt matter, if you believe in God, it doesnt matter the name you give Him, He would reply anyway... i know now that this was a lie, definately a lie. Our God, wants to be loved, only him not another name, nor another image.

there are many lies that the enemy of our souls use to make us sin, without even realizing that we are in sin...but going on to anwser your question, evangelical christians, are not well seen first because we dont want to kneel to a statue or kiss an image of a saint and in here thats kind of a tradition, people have kind of an empty faith here, they say they're catholic but they dont go to church (some only go sundays, to show their new clothes), they dont pray, really they dont do nothing unless someone else sees them doing, like going to kiss the saints or light some candles for the soul of a dead.... after getting to know the word, what really the Bible says, i know most things the catholic church does, goes againt the written word.

when we (evangelic christians) reunite to pray to the lord, sing, many people dont like it, but thats something we need to continue doing because if we dont do, how else will they hear about Jesus, the true Jesus, the one that died for us and has revived for us, the One that bought us for such a high price.

i have family that wont speak with me, because i chose to speak about Jesus and about His love for us... but if that is the price i must pay i will do it...  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games