Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Ms Butter who Fly

Blessed Duck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:45 am
hi everyone!

Garland-Green

And thank you for letting me join 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 pm
setsuna_PT
Garland-Green

Hello fellow European. Welcome to the guild. Thank you for joining us!
How is Portugal for evangelical Christians? What would you say is the dominating belief in Portugal`? I am just curious. I like to ask people, from various places to see if it is different from where I live. ^_^

how is portugal for evangelical christians? before i reply you this question i would reply to the other one, the main religious belief in portugal is the catholic, so many people believe in images, in mary the mother of Christ instead of believing in the Son, in here you have like 20 festival or more in behalf of mary or another saints.

before i used to be catholic, first because my parents were, but that doesnt mean that i believed in what was teached to me.. i used to see so many things happening in the church itself that i kind of lost myself there... i believed in the past (when i was one with the world) that it doesnt matter, if you believe in God, it doesnt matter the name you give Him, He would reply anyway... i know now that this was a lie, definately a lie. Our God, wants to be loved, only him not another name, nor another image.

there are many lies that the enemy of our souls use to make us sin, without even realizing that we are in sin...but going on to anwser your question, evangelical christians, are not well seen first because we dont want to kneel to a statue or kiss an image of a saint and in here thats kind of a tradition, people have kind of an empty faith here, they say they're catholic but they dont go to church (some only go sundays, to show their new clothes), they dont pray, really they dont do nothing unless someone else sees them doing, like going to kiss the saints or light some candles for the soul of a dead.... after getting to know the word, what really the Bible says, i know most things the catholic church does, goes againt the written word.

when we (evangelic christians) reunite to pray to the lord, sing, many people dont like it, but thats something we need to continue doing because if we dont do, how else will they hear about Jesus, the true Jesus, the one that died for us and has revived for us, the One that bought us for such a high price.

i have family that wont speak with me, because i chose to speak about Jesus and about His love for us... but if that is the price i must pay i will do it...

Quote:
there are many lies that the enemy of our souls use to make us sin, without even realizing that we are in sin

1 John 4:4
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

It is true that he that is in the world is spinning webs of lies to trip us up, and to prevent people from coming to a saving knowledge of Christ, but he is not so strong that he is able to foil God's plans.

I had no idea it was like that in Portugal. I am glad to hear you have a group of believers though that can support you when you have lost your earthly family.

Matthew 12:46-50
Jesus’ Mother and Brothers
While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Thank you for sharing, and giving people a good example on how to act when rejected by the world. heart smile

Matthew 10:34-39
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’
“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

God bless you.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:36 pm
Gracia Carolina
hi everyone!

Garland-Green

And thank you for letting me join 4laugh

No problem at all. Welcome to the guild!

God bless you. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:38 pm
Hello!I'm Ariel biggrin No, I'm not a mermaid, but I do work at the Disney Store! This is my new "main" account; my old one got locked out do to inactivity but it is an RP account so this one will be my new main smile

1. None right now sad
2. Proverbs 18:24: A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
3. Psalm or Proverbs
4. No specific denomination... probably closest to modern Baptist
5. U.S.A smile
6. PINK heart
7. I work part-time at the Disney Store, and am a full-time college student.  

angelvelvet2

Beloved Poster

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100

The disciple_Leon Camero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:32 pm
Hello hello. I'm Leon Camero. I am a minister in real life and I do the works of the heavenly Father. I thank my dad for allowing me to do his works and consideration to allow me to become his disciples. I hope to see and hear about you as well. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:31 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Hello everyone.
My friends call me Angell. It's really nice to meet you all.

My family and I are Christian, proud Christians, and we read the Bible occasionally and pray to God everyday and night.

God is our Father and I love him with all of my heart, mind, and soul.
heart

1. Name Your Pets
A: I don't have any pets.
sweatdrop

2. List Your Favorite Bible Verse
A: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth. Blessed are they which do hunger, and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in Heaven, for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." -Matthew 5:3-11

3. List Your Favorite Book Of The Bible
A: Matthew

4. Your Denomination/Beliefs
A: I'm a Christian.
heart

5. The Name Of Your Country
A: The United States

6. Your Favorite Color
A: Pink

7. Your Occupation
A: I'm currently unemployed.

User ImageUser Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

FuyuWaffle

Shy Snowflake

13,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:36 am
angelvelvet2

Hello Ariel, and welcome to the guild! biggrin How do you like working in a Disney store?

Angelliya

Welcome to the guild Angelliya. ^^ Glad to have you with us!
Why is Matthew your favorite book?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:22 am
Garland-Green
angelvelvet2

Hello Ariel, and welcome to the guild! biggrin How do you like working in a Disney store?

Angelliya

Welcome to the guild Angelliya. ^^ Glad to have you with us!
Why is Matthew your favorite book?

User ImageUser Image

Thank you. (^u^)

And well, because I've read it the most. Matthew was the first book I've read.

But now I'm starting over from Genesis so I have a better understanding.

User ImageUser Image

FuyuWaffle

Shy Snowflake

13,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 am
The disciple_Leon Camero
Hello hello. I'm Leon Camero. I am a minister in real life and I do the works of the heavenly Father. I thank my dad for allowing me to do his works and consideration to allow me to become his disciples. I hope to see and hear about you as well. Thank you.

Welcome to the guild! 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 am
Angelliya
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Hello everyone.

My family and I are Christian, proud Christians, and we read the Bible occasionally and pray to God everyday and night.

heart

1. Name Your Pets
sweatdrop

A: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth. Blessed are they which do hunger, and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in Heaven, for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." -Matthew 5:3-11

heart

6. Your Favorite Color

7. Your Occupation

User ImageUser Image

Welcome to the guild, sister! Glad to have you!

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

FuyuWaffle

Shy Snowflake

13,600 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:12 am
Scarlet_Teardrops
Angelliya
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Hello everyone.

heart

1. Name Your Pets
sweatdrop

heart

6. Your Favorite Color

7. Your Occupation

User ImageUser Image

Welcome to the guild, sister! Glad to have you!

User ImageUser Image

Thank you. (^u^) heart

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:52 pm
Hello everyone. Was recently invited to this guild, been very busy so haven't been able to really post here.

Again hello nice to find a forum where I'm faced with people constantly berating my faith. I'm fine with being challenged, I welcome discussion and debate; but sometimes you need to be with people who share your values once in a while.  

1RedshirtXLG

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 am
1RedshirtXLG
Hello everyone. Was recently invited to this guild, been very busy so haven't been able to really post here.

Again hello nice to find a forum where I'm faced with people constantly berating my faith. I'm fine with being challenged, I welcome discussion and debate; but sometimes you need to be with people who share your values once in a while.

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the guild! biggrin
It gets exhausting when everyone's after you.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:57 pm
hello, I just found this guild today.
Im Elemu
I've been married to ticket joker for four years
he and I are both christians
i don't have any kids  

Elemu

10,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Torii Attendant 100

Elemu

10,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Torii Attendant 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:10 am
ok let me update this
1. Name your pets
Tyson, 7.5 year old chihuahua weenier dog mix
looks like a fat taller weenier dog
reddish brown fur
Wilie, 3 mnth old chihuahua with 1/8 pit bull mix
awesome blue short hair coat with a white patch on his chest
has tan feet, eyebrows and muzzle
hes super small, smaller than the xs size clothes for dogs
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Ruth, its a great redemption story
Revelations, i read this nearly every sunday when i went church as a kid
4. Your denomination/beliefs
i don't know, my husband says Pentecostal but i think thats wrong...
i believe in the trinity, and i don't know how specific i should get...
5. The name of your country
united states in california
6. Your favorite color
blue-green
7. Your occupation
roomwife, and photography  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games