Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Batyah

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:48 am
Could someone invite thatnaminegirl  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:51 pm
Hello, hello! I was invited to join this guild by the captain, Garland-Green. He must have had pity on me, seeing me flop around like a dying fish in the Morality and Relgion subforum. There certainly aren't many Christians around there, are there? @_@

Anyways, while I am already a part of a physical church community, I've been looking around for someplace online that would allow me to connect with other believers on a more consistent basis, and also allow deep discussion of issues that my Bible Study group isn't currently equipped to tackle. However, despite my enthusiasm towards philosophical topics and explanations, I admit that I'm really rather new to the Christian faith. Although I was born into a Christian family, I only accepted Christ into my heart about a year and a half ago. I still struggle with a ton of things, however. Some of which I'm incredibly ashamed of.

And while we're on the issue of struggles, I should also clarify that I have both generalized anxiety disorder and severe depression (possibly bipolar disorder). Conveniently, I only developed the latter after becoming a Christian. I know that's not something one would normally put into an introduction, but it's become such a huge part of my spiritual battle over the last couple of years that I feel it's fairly important to state it right from the get-go. I get the feeling that I'll likely be posting many of my questions and doubts here from now on, if that's alright sweatdrop

Anyways, onto some slightly more pleasant things about me;

1. Name your pets: I have a cockatiel named Chico (he's an annoying little bugger, but he's too cute for me to strangle him. Oh, the humanity D : ) and a dog named Jim (we didn't choose the name! xD ).

2. List your favorite Bible verse: Kinda hard for me to say right now, but I think it'd have to be John 8:58 - "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I AM!" It's just such a powerful and absolute statement, and it's certainly helped me overcome the issues of doubting Jesus' identity as God!

3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Eeesh, now this is a hard one. Possibly Hosea, as it is such a meaningful reminder of God's love and what it means to sin against him. However, I'm also really getting into Romans right now.

4. Your denomination/beliefs Protestant and Reformed, though I agree with all denominations that follow the simple teachings of the Bible (taking into consideration, of course, historical and cultural context).

6. Your favorite color Orange. No, green...wait, no. Can I change my answer? I'd like to go with red. Wait...URRRGGHHH I'm just gonna stop now or we'll be here all day! xD

7. Your occupation Almost done with high school and never had a job ;_; Laziness is a huge part of my struggles...

Anyways, I look forward to being part of this community with you all! God bless : )

Red Wight

Tipsy Dabbler

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:13 pm
Elemu
ok let me update this
1. Name your pets
Tyson, 7.5 year old chihuahua weenier dog mix
looks like a fat taller weenier dog
reddish brown fur
Wilie, 3 mnth old chihuahua with 1/8 pit bull mix
awesome blue short hair coat with a white patch on his chest
has tan feet, eyebrows and muzzle
hes super small, smaller than the xs size clothes for dogs
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Ruth, its a great redemption story
Revelations, i read this nearly every sunday when i went church as a kid
4. Your denomination/beliefs
i don't know, my husband says Pentecostal but i think thats wrong...
i believe in the trinity, and i don't know how specific i should get...
5. The name of your country
united states in california
6. Your favorite color
blue-green
7. Your occupation
roomwife, and photography

Thank you for joining us! Welcome to the guild sister!
I was wondering... What is a room wife? =)
Revelation is awesome! Have you read Daniel? It is deeply connected to Revelation, and is, I think, my favorite book.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:31 pm
Red Wight
Hello, hello! I was invited to join this guild by the captain, Garland-Green. He must have had pity on me, seeing me flop around like a dying fish in the Morality and Relgion subforum. There certainly aren't many Christians around there, are there? @_@

Anyways, while I am already a part of a physical church community, I've been looking around for someplace online that would allow me to connect with other believers on a more consistent basis, and also allow deep discussion of issues that my Bible Study group isn't currently equipped to tackle. However, despite my enthusiasm towards philosophical topics and explanations, I admit that I'm really rather new to the Christian faith. Although I was born into a Christian family, I only accepted Christ into my heart about a year and a half ago. I still struggle with a ton of things, however. Some of which I'm incredibly ashamed of.

And while we're on the issue of struggles, I should also clarify that I have both generalized anxiety disorder and severe depression (possibly bipolar disorder). Conveniently, I only developed the latter after becoming a Christian. I know that's not something one would normally put into an introduction, but it's become such a huge part of my spiritual battle over the last couple of years that I feel it's fairly important to state it right from the get-go. I get the feeling that I'll likely be posting many of my questions and doubts here from now on, if that's alright sweatdrop

Anyways, onto some slightly more pleasant things about me;

1. Name your pets: I have a cockatiel named Chico (he's an annoying little bugger, but he's too cute for me to strangle him. Oh, the humanity D : ) and a dog named Jim (we didn't choose the name! xD ).

2. List your favorite Bible verse: Kinda hard for me to say right now, but I think it'd have to be John 8:58 - "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I AM!" It's just such a powerful and absolute statement, and it's certainly helped me overcome the issues of doubting Jesus' identity as God!

3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Eeesh, now this is a hard one. Possibly Hosea, as it is such a meaningful reminder of God's love and what it means to sin against him. However, I'm also really getting into Romans right now.

4. Your denomination/beliefs Protestant and Reformed, though I agree with all denominations that follow the simple teachings of the Bible (taking into consideration, of course, historical and cultural context).

6. Your favorite color Orange. No, green...wait, no. Can I change my answer? I'd like to go with red. Wait...URRRGGHHH I'm just gonna stop now or we'll be here all day! xD

7. Your occupation Almost done with high school and never had a job ;_; Laziness is a huge part of my struggles...

Anyways, I look forward to being part of this community with you all! God bless : )

Welcome to the guild brother! No, the Morality and Religion sub-forum has little room for truth. I mostly read posts there... I rarely reply to topics. I've found that the people there are generally hostile, and M&R has its own group of very homogeneous people that enforce, and reinforce their morality. It is kind of like a closed system in a way, and if you look around at the topics there, you'll see that it has its own spirit.

Don't worry about sharing things you think are heavy, and don't be scared posting questions. We are all in the same boat here. We all have things we struggle with, and there are things that are painful for all of us to talk to others about, or even shameful. There's no condemnation for those who are in Jesus (Romans 8:1). We should keep that in mind as Christians when someone want help to carry a burden, and that is what I hope everyone in the guild will do for each other when it is needed.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Daughter of Chronos

Learned Bibliophile

7,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:19 pm
1. Name your pets
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

Hey, my name is Ashley and I'm 22, I go by Ash, ummm.... I just kind of came here because I was looking for more of a positive side to Gaia. I'm a Christian, but somewhat of a struggling one I guess. It's kind of hard to explain, but anyway! I have... No pets right now (I'm in a college apartment and they don't like that sooo), yeah. My favorite verse is Joshua 1:9, but my favorite book is probably 1John or Acts... I don't know... It's more like there's special chapters to me out of each one. I'm Pentecostal, but... I say that kind of loosely, I come from a Pentecostal background on one side, Southern Bap. on the other, but not the super strict kind... I'm from the U.S., Kentucky specifically, and... My favorite color is purple... But pink is good too. My occupation right now is a student/security worker at my college. I'm an elementary education major, but I really want to join the Air Force or the Army when I get out. Anyway, if you have any questions, let me know ^^;  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:38 pm
Hey everyone Im new to guild on here. My name is Angela.

1. Name your pets: Vader, Pixie, Poppet
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Isiah 53:5
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Cant pick a fav
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Holiness
5. The name of your country: USA
6. Your favorite color: purple and orange
7. Your occupation : Im an admissions clerk at the hospital  

Lupe Whisperer

Blessed Werewolf

8,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100

You Do Not Exist

Blessed Girl

17,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divorced 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:27 pm
1. Have none
2. undecided
3. Undecided
4. Nondenominational
5. America
6. Blue
7. Evangelist (work in progress)
I'm Emily.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:54 am
Daughter of Chronos
1. Name your pets
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

Hey, my name is Ashley and I'm 22, I go by Ash, ummm.... I just kind of came here because I was looking for more of a positive side to Gaia. I'm a Christian, but somewhat of a struggling one I guess. It's kind of hard to explain, but anyway! I have... No pets right now (I'm in a college apartment and they don't like that sooo), yeah. My favorite verse is Joshua 1:9, but my favorite book is probably 1John or Acts... I don't know... It's more like there's special chapters to me out of each one. I'm Pentecostal, but... I say that kind of loosely, I come from a Pentecostal background on one side, Southern Bap. on the other, but not the super strict kind... I'm from the U.S., Kentucky specifically, and... My favorite color is purple... But pink is good too. My occupation right now is a student/security worker at my college. I'm an elementary education major, but I really want to join the Air Force or the Army when I get out. Anyway, if you have any questions, let me know ^^;

Welcome to the guild Ash! Are any of your closest relatives Christian?
How is College going for you? smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:56 am
Lupe Whisperer
Hey everyone Im new to guild on here. My name is Angela.

1. Name your pets: Vader, Pixie, Poppet
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Isiah 53:5
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Cant pick a fav
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Holiness
5. The name of your country: USA
6. Your favorite color: purple and orange
7. Your occupation : Im an admissions clerk at the hospital

Hello Angela! Welcome to the guild! Is holiness a Pentecostal church?
What kind of animals are Vader, Pixie and Poppet?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:58 am
La Painted Lady
1. Have none
2. undecided
3. Undecided
4. Nondenominational
5. America
6. Blue
I'm Emily.

Hello Emily! Thank you for accepting the invitation. We are happy to have you with us. You are going to be an evangelist? That is very cool! Are you taking any kind of training, or classes?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Daughter of Chronos

Learned Bibliophile

7,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:11 am
Garland-Green
Daughter of Chronos
1. Name your pets
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

Oh wow, hey ^^;
Um... My mom participates in church, but not really... There's a long story behind that. My dad and his side "believes" but it's more the I was raised with it, but I don't go kind of thing. I graduate college in two weeks. How are you? :3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:37 pm
Garland-Green
La Painted Lady
1. Have none
2. undecided
3. Undecided
4. Nondenominational
5. America
6. Blue
I'm Emily.

Hello Emily! Thank you for accepting the invitation. We are happy to have you with us. You are going to be an evangelist? That is very cool! Are you taking any kind of training, or classes?
at the moment I'm focusing on the bible. I have a lecture for salvation still being edited. I'm going to church just recently started going to the Wednesday night ones. Working on Sunday now.  

You Do Not Exist

Blessed Girl

17,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divorced 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:05 pm
Daughter of Chronos
Garland-Green
Daughter of Chronos
1. Name your pets
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

Oh wow, hey ^^;
Um... My mom participates in church, but not really... There's a long story behind that. My dad and his side "believes" but it's more the I was raised with it, but I don't go kind of thing. I graduate college in two weeks. How are you? :3

That is awesome! Congrats. I just started my first year. I've been working before I started college. It is a little different I think here in Norway than in the US. I am going good. Feeling ready for Christmas break.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:08 pm
La Painted Lady
Garland-Green
La Painted Lady
1. Have none
2. undecided
3. Undecided
4. Nondenominational
5. America
6. Blue
I'm Emily.

at the moment I'm focusing on the bible. I have a lecture for salvation still being edited. I'm going to church just recently started going to the Wednesday night ones. Working on Sunday now.

If you ever want to share some of your lectures with us - we'd be honored. ^_^
What church are you going to? I am just curious as to what kind of churches people attend. You don't have to share the name if you don't want to.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games