Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:05 pm
Prince Ikari
Hey there! I'm Kevin. ^^

1. I have two indoor cats and one outdoor one.
2. Not Sure; Probably Psalm 23:4
3. Not Sure; Still Reading
4. Non-denominational (was raised a Baptist); Evangelical
5. The United States; Virginia
6. Blue
7. Substitute Courier and Library Assistant; College Student

Hello Kevin, and welcome to the guild! I've got cats myself. Up until we had the dog they were indoor cats, but the dog did not take well to them so now they live in the basement. How did you like going to a Baptist church when you were younger? smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:16 pm
Garland-Green
Astra Green

To start off with, my name's Rhiannon but you can call me Astra or Rai if you prefer.

1. Name your pets : I've got two collies, they're named Dougie and Katie. We got them from the same litter and they're going to be 6 tomorrow. They're lazy but really hyper and energetic. And very intelligent.
2. List your favorite Bible verse Matthew 10:14, Matthew 7:1-2.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible Matthew probably. Acts.
4. Your denomination/beliefs In short terms, I'm a deist. The basic whole of it is that I believe that God, YHVH exists. I just can't believe that he is deity that intervenes. That's just my personal belief, if people believe that he does that's cool.. Just for me I can't get behind it which is also okay.
5. The name of your country TexasUnited States of America
6. Your favorite color Purple, black and red.
7. Your occupation : I work as a cashier at Target on the weekends, during the week I'm an Accreditation Coordinator at a e-learning company. Right now I'm taking courses and creating outlines for them.

Welcome to the guild Astra of the stars! I believe and I have experienced that God intervened in my life through Jesus, and that He is still working in me. Sounds crazy, but it is true. Stick around though, and talk to us. We would be more than happy to share our experiences with you. =) Lucky that your dogs are lazy. Mine is a devious rocket.

Oh, they're little mischevious rockets themselves. Whatever you do..don't mention the word "cookie". You'll find yourself being herded to the kitchen in a heartbeat. Dougie, the youngest likes to jump onto the furniture like they're trampolines and will jump off of them and land, clearing what little space there is between objects on one of the coffee tables. o.o Collies, man.

I've heard people's personal experiences all my life. That's their UPG and even CPG in some cases. (unverified and verified personal gnosis (spiritual insight), however my UPG for me and me only states otherwise. Which is also fine. smile Trying to convince me otherwise is not alright.

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200

EmberFoxHeart

Blazing Fox

33,550 Points
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:01 pm
Hello, My name is Nicole, but you may call me Ember or Nikki if you like.

1. Name your pets: I used to have pets... but I don't anymore as they have all died sadly. My mom and Dad had a German Shepherd named Kara, she died before I was born so I don't know her much. Had hermit crabs as well, but don't remember much of their names and they all died cause of my brother and I not taking care of them well. but if I got better at taking care of animals, I would get a black cat and name it Jinx if I could.
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Psalm 150. the whole chapter.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: I don't have a favorite... but if I had to choose... it would be Esther.
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Don't really have a certain denomination for me or my family. I just believe that the Bible is God-breathed and should follow everything that he teaches us to be good Christians.
5. The name of your country: United States of America.
6. Your favorite color: I like all colors of the rainbow personally, but if I had to choose... Blue, Pink and Purple.
7. Your occupation: Gonna be working at an assembly line, helping make safety equipment for firefighters and other people. Its temporary at the moment since I need a job to pay off my car. Eventually I want to be a graphic artist or video game designer for concept art or backgrounds and such.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 am
Hi everyone. You can call me Candice (cause that's my name mrgreen )

Pets: Four cats - Buffy, Pixie Dust, Baggins, and Lynx.
Favorite Bible verse: 1 Corinthians 13:4
Favorite book of the Bible: I don't have one specifically. I kind of depends on the day and what I am going through at the time.
Your denomination/beliefs: Non-denominational
Name of your country: United States of America
Favorite color: Blue  

CandicetheWanderer

Heart Seeker

6,400 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
  • Fusion Novice 50

QueenSerenity37

Lonely Sailor

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:32 am
Hi, I'm happy to be here. ^u^ You can call me Serenity or Jennifer which is my real name.

1. Name your pets: Oh my gosh... I have too many. 5 cats: 3 males and their names are, in no order KC, Salem, and Mike Tyson, we call him Ty for short. 2 females which are Shadow and Elsa. (I edited because I forgot other pets surprised ) I have 2 dogs too: Angel and Marley, both females and a bird... whose name I forgot. Harry? I have no idea what Mom calls him. He's a parakeet with a blue colored nose. :p
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Uhh I haven't read the Bible in a while. I really need to resume reading... ^^; That's why I joined the guild. Hopefully talking with other fellow brothers and sisters help me reading the bible more. ^^; But I actually love the verse, I forgot the name, but where Jesus said "I am the Way, the Life, the Truth, and nobody can go to the Father except go through me." Something like that. ^^;
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: The Revelations. I read them more than the rest of the Bible I'm sorry to say but since I feel the days are coming to end soon... so I read the Revelations and try to understand what it's trying to tell me.
4. Your denomination/beliefs: I have no church at the moment so I call myself a Christian. To be honest, there are so many false preachers and I don't want to be stray to the wrong path since Jesus said find the right path is difficult to find than the easy but wrong path. I remember a bit here and there in the Bible because I have been a Christian even before I was born. True story. I can tell about it if you like ^_^ but not in this post XD I need to keep it short.
5. The name of your country: USA
6. Your favorite color: Purple... I must have purple. :p
7. Your occupation: I work as a loader for the semi trucks at a Walgreens DC.

I am honored to be a part of the guild. Let's hope we all are remained true to God and Jesus. Jesus is the King of the Kings, the Lord of the Lords. God is our Holy Father whose our lives are entrusted into His loving hands. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 am
Garland-Green
Lupe Whisperer
Garland-Green
Lupe Whisperer
Hey everyone Im new to guild on here. My name is Angela.

1. Name your pets: Vader, Pixie, Poppet
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Isiah 53:5
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Cant pick a fav
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Holiness
6. Your favorite color: purple and orange
7. Your occupation : Im an admissions clerk at the hospital

Hello Angela! Welcome to the guild! Is holiness a Pentecostal church?
What kind of animals are Vader, Pixie and Poppet?

Sorry not been on in a few days so just getting this, but yes Holiness is kind of like Pentecostal. We dont handle snakes or anything though. And Vader is a doberman doggie and poppet and pixie are both siamese kitties. Since then we have also adopted a new doggie too a pit bull named Roxie. Thanks for welcoming me to the guild. smile

Interesting. I have little experience with the Pentecostal church. What would you say distinguishes it from other churches? I've got a Parson Russell Terrier. He's three years old this month. We have had him for a year now. It is the least I can do. =D

Again, sorry for the late reply... We believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Were usually loud in service, shouting and praising God. We clap and play tambourines with the music. Sometimes theres running jumping and shouting in tongues. What type of Church do you go to?  

Lupe Whisperer

Blessed Werewolf

8,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100

Athelius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:49 am
hi, i suppose i should have posted here first before making a topic. xD my name is daniella and i grew up in south america. i'm currently studying in the US ^^

1. Name your pets
i currently have only one cat, she is 7 years old and her name is Aida.

2. List your favorite Bible verse
romans 8:38
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord"

eccl. 9:10
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
ecclesiastes

4. Your denomination/beliefs my family is traditionally pentecostal/evangelical but i've been trying to move away from that and i'm still in the process of finding out stuff. (it's really hard)

5. The name of your country
USA/south america

6. Your favorite color
my favourite colour changes a lot.. right now i'd say blue.

7. Your occupation
i'm a college student/intern right now, i study geology and i'd like to go to grad school within the next 2 years. i'm also reeally interested in world history and world politics..! i like teaching and i also love kids ^^

garland invited me here, thank you! right now i'm struggling with my relationship with god and it really sucks especially because i knew i used to have a great relationship with him before. i hate church now and haven't been able to go for the past few years but i really hope to be able to do something about it soon. and i hope that i'll be able to figure out myself here too. nice to meet you all xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:41 pm
1. I actually don't have any current pets! I have problems with allergies due to dust mites, and animals can carry them around, and what have you. I used to have 2 hamsters on different occasions. (one named Holly, and the other named Noah) I like animals in general, but I really like cats and dogs. (Also, pretty allergic to cats)

2. Well, my favorite bible verse tends to be 2 Timothy 1:7 because of this dream that I had, and how my cousin told me that she was studying on that verse either that day or the day before I mentioned it to her. It definitely means a lot to me, though!

3. I don't really have a specific book of the bible I call my favorite, but I'm really fascinated by Genesis, and I appreciate a lot of the works in Matthew, mark, Luke, and John.

4. I'm "Southern Baptist" if you will, but I mostly like the baptizing and the way the word is presented every once and awhile. (Our pastor is going through some struggles with losing his wife a few years back, getting a new girlfriend, and is getting scrutinized hard. I'm looking for a new church, and I'm also looking into a more personal bible study)

5. U.S.

6. Favorite colors are purple, blue, and red. (I also like neutral tones, a lot)

7. No occupations as of this post, but I'm sending applications in!

EDIT:

If you want to chat with me about anything, send a PM or a profile comment so that I can make the most out of this guild! Please understand that I struggle to stick with guilds because of the lack of interaction, and essentially the lack of my "willingness" to interact. (If I don't continue activity throughout my time in this guild, I will quietly and politely leave.)

If you want to talk about some scripture, or daily devotions, just let me know! I'm also interested in the high traffic areas in this guild. There are SO MANY subforums that I won't know exactly where to start! So, if you can help me out, I'd appreciate that a lot!

God bless!  

pong kiyo

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:22 pm
Garland-Green
Prince Ikari
Hey there! I'm Kevin. ^^

1. I have two indoor cats and one outdoor one.
2. Not Sure; Probably Psalm 23:4
3. Not Sure; Still Reading
4. Non-denominational (was raised a Baptist); Evangelical
5. The United States; Virginia
6. Blue
7. Substitute Courier and Library Assistant; College Student

Hello Kevin, and welcome to the guild! I've got cats myself. Up until we had the dog they were indoor cats, but the dog did not take well to them so now they live in the basement. How did you like going to a Baptist church when you were younger? smile

My sincerest apologies for my two week delay. I've been incredibly busy between work and school lately. Thank you so very much for the welcome though. Truth be told I never understood much about being a Baptist. ^^;  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:55 am
EmberFoxHeart
Hello, My name is Nicole, but you may call me Ember or Nikki if you like.

1. Name your pets: I used to have pets... but I don't anymore as they have all died sadly. My mom and Dad had a German Shepherd named Kara, she died before I was born so I don't know her much. Had hermit crabs as well, but don't remember much of their names and they all died cause of my brother and I not taking care of them well. but if I got better at taking care of animals, I would get a black cat and name it Jinx if I could.
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Psalm 150. the whole chapter.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: I don't have a favorite... but if I had to choose... it would be Esther.
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Don't really have a certain denomination for me or my family. I just believe that the Bible is God-breathed and should follow everything that he teaches us to be good Christians.
5. The name of your country: United States of America.
6. Your favorite color: I like all colors of the rainbow personally, but if I had to choose... Blue, Pink and Purple.
7. Your occupation: Gonna be working at an assembly line, helping make safety equipment for firefighters and other people. Its temporary at the moment since I need a job to pay off my car. Eventually I want to be a graphic artist or video game designer for concept art or backgrounds and such.

Welcome Nicole! We are pleased to you have with us.
Why do you like Psalm 150? =)  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:58 am
thevariance
Hi everyone. You can call me Candice (cause that's my name mrgreen )

Pets: Four cats - Buffy, Pixie Dust, Baggins, and Lynx.
Favorite Bible verse: 1 Corinthians 13:4
Favorite book of the Bible: I don't have one specifically. I kind of depends on the day and what I am going through at the time.
Your denomination/beliefs: Non-denominational
Name of your country: United States of America
Favorite color: Blue

Thank you for joining us, and welcome to the guild Candice!
If you are wondering about the different forums or anything,
don't hesitate to ask. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:08 am
QueenSerenity37
Hi, I'm happy to be here. ^u^ You can call me Serenity or Jennifer which is my real name.

1. Name your pets: Oh my gosh... I have too many. 5 cats: 3 males and their names are, in no order KC, Salem, and Mike Tyson, we call him Ty for short. 2 females which are Shadow and Elsa. (I edited because I forgot other pets surprised ) I have 2 dogs too: Angel and Marley, both females and a bird... whose name I forgot. Harry? I have no idea what Mom calls him. He's a parakeet with a blue colored nose. :p
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Uhh I haven't read the Bible in a while. I really need to resume reading... ^^; That's why I joined the guild. Hopefully talking with other fellow brothers and sisters help me reading the bible more. ^^; But I actually love the verse, I forgot the name, but where Jesus said "I am the Way, the Life, the Truth, and nobody can go to the Father except go through me." Something like that. ^^;
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: The Revelations. I read them more than the rest of the Bible I'm sorry to say but since I feel the days are coming to end soon... so I read the Revelations and try to understand what it's trying to tell me.
4. Your denomination/beliefs: I have no church at the moment so I call myself a Christian. To be honest, there are so many false preachers and I don't want to be stray to the wrong path since Jesus said find the right path is difficult to find than the easy but wrong path. I remember a bit here and there in the Bible because I have been a Christian even before I was born. True story. I can tell about it if you like ^_^ but not in this post XD I need to keep it short.
6. Your favorite color: Purple... I must have purple. :p
7. Your occupation: I work as a loader for the semi trucks at a Walgreens DC.

I am honored to be a part of the guild. Let's hope we all are remained true to God and Jesus. Jesus is the King of the Kings, the Lord of the Lords. God is our Holy Father whose our lives are entrusted into His loving hands. ^_^

We are happy to have you with us Jennifer! Welcome to the guild. It is my hope too for the guild that we all remain true to God and Jesus. That this is our main focus. I can relate to not having a church. It is hard at times though, and I personally at least feel a longing for belonging to a church, and being a part of a physical fellowship.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:57 am
Lupe Whisperer
Garland-Green
Lupe Whisperer
Garland-Green
Lupe Whisperer
Hey everyone Im new to guild on here. My name is Angela.

1. Name your pets: Vader, Pixie, Poppet
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Isiah 53:5
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Cant pick a fav
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Holiness
6. Your favorite color: purple and orange
7. Your occupation : Im an admissions clerk at the hospital

Hello Angela! Welcome to the guild! Is holiness a Pentecostal church?
What kind of animals are Vader, Pixie and Poppet?

Sorry not been on in a few days so just getting this, but yes Holiness is kind of like Pentecostal. We dont handle snakes or anything though. And Vader is a doberman doggie and poppet and pixie are both siamese kitties. Since then we have also adopted a new doggie too a pit bull named Roxie. Thanks for welcoming me to the guild. smile

Interesting. I have little experience with the Pentecostal church. What would you say distinguishes it from other churches? I've got a Parson Russell Terrier. He's three years old this month. We have had him for a year now. It is the least I can do. =D

Again, sorry for the late reply... We believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Were usually loud in service, shouting and praising God. We clap and play tambourines with the music. Sometimes theres running jumping and shouting in tongues. What type of Church do you go to?

Don't worry about it. ^^ I used to go to more of a charismatic type church. After the minister tried imparting tongues on me (he believed everyone should speak in tongues), and I felt that was wrong - so I left. People falling on the floor, convulsing and general disorder discouraged me from going. Then I went to congregation called Philadelphia. I liked it there. People seemed to use the Bible, and there were many good testimonies. It is a church I would consider going to in the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:10 am
Athelius
hi, i suppose i should have posted here first before making a topic. xD my name is daniella and i grew up in south america. i'm currently studying in the US ^^

1. Name your pets
i currently have only one cat, she is 7 years old and her name is Aida.

2. List your favorite Bible verse
romans 8:38
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord"

eccl. 9:10
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
ecclesiastes

4. Your denomination/beliefs my family is traditionally pentecostal/evangelical but i've been trying to move away from that and i'm still in the process of finding out stuff. (it's really hard)

5. The name of your country
USA/south america

6. Your favorite color
my favourite colour changes a lot.. right now i'd say blue.

7. Your occupation
i'm a college student/intern right now, i study geology and i'd like to go to grad school within the next 2 years. i'm also reeally interested in world history and world politics..! i like teaching and i also love kids ^^

garland invited me here, thank you! right now i'm struggling with my relationship with god and it really sucks especially because i knew i used to have a great relationship with him before. i hate church now and haven't been able to go for the past few years but i really hope to be able to do something about it soon. and i hope that i'll be able to figure out myself here too. nice to meet you all xd

Welcome to the guild Daniella! It is great that you accepted my invitation.
What is it that is causing you to move away from the evangelical?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:15 am
pong kiyo
1. I actually don't have any current pets! I have problems with allergies due to dust mites, and animals can carry them around, and what have you. I used to have 2 hamsters on different occasions. (one named Holly, and the other named Noah) I like animals in general, but I really like cats and dogs. (Also, pretty allergic to cats)

2. Well, my favorite bible verse tends to be 2 Timothy 1:7 because of this dream that I had, and how my cousin told me that she was studying on that verse either that day or the day before I mentioned it to her. It definitely means a lot to me, though!

3. I don't really have a specific book of the bible I call my favorite, but I'm really fascinated by Genesis, and I appreciate a lot of the works in Matthew, mark, Luke, and John.

4. I'm "Southern Baptist" if you will, but I mostly like the baptizing and the way the word is presented every once and awhile. (Our pastor is going through some struggles with losing his wife a few years back, getting a new girlfriend, and is getting scrutinized hard. I'm looking for a new church, and I'm also looking into a more personal bible study)

5. U.S.

6. Favorite colors are purple, blue, and red. (I also like neutral tones, a lot)

7. No occupations as of this post, but I'm sending applications in!

EDIT:

If you want to chat with me about anything, send a PM or a profile comment so that I can make the most out of this guild! Please understand that I struggle to stick with guilds because of the lack of interaction, and essentially the lack of my "willingness" to interact. (If I don't continue activity throughout my time in this guild, I will quietly and politely leave.)

If you want to talk about some scripture, or daily devotions, just let me know! I'm also interested in the high traffic areas in this guild. There are SO MANY subforums that I won't know exactly where to start! So, if you can help me out, I'd appreciate that a lot!

God bless!

God bless you too sister, and welcome to the guild! Here's a brief introduction to the guild that may assist you in figuring out where the high-traffic areas are. I would start in the main forum and branch out from there. It is usually where people post. smile  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games