Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Athelius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:29 am
Garland-Green

Welcome to the guild Daniella! It is great that you accepted my invitation.
What is it that is causing you to move away from the evangelical?

thanks!! i'd like to move away because i think that too much time is spent worrying about things that are not so important, and too little time is spent developing relationships with god and living the way jesus said we should live.. if you have any suggestions for other churches i'd love to know since right now i don't have a specific church. or, well there is the one that my family goes to but i don't consider myself part of it anymore xp
it's kinda scary to even say it like that lol  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:09 pm
Garland-Green
EmberFoxHeart
Hello, My name is Nicole, but you may call me Ember or Nikki if you like.

1. Name your pets: I used to have pets... but I don't anymore as they have all died sadly. My mom and Dad had a German Shepherd named Kara, she died before I was born so I don't know her much. Had hermit crabs as well, but don't remember much of their names and they all died cause of my brother and I not taking care of them well. but if I got better at taking care of animals, I would get a black cat and name it Jinx if I could.
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Psalm 150. the whole chapter.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: I don't have a favorite... but if I had to choose... it would be Esther.
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Don't really have a certain denomination for me or my family. I just believe that the Bible is God-breathed and should follow everything that he teaches us to be good Christians.
5. The name of your country: United States of America.
6. Your favorite color: I like all colors of the rainbow personally, but if I had to choose... Blue, Pink and Purple.
7. Your occupation: Gonna be working at an assembly line, helping make safety equipment for firefighters and other people. Its temporary at the moment since I need a job to pay off my car. Eventually I want to be a graphic artist or video game designer for concept art or backgrounds and such.

Welcome Nicole! We are pleased to you have with us.
Why do you like Psalm 150? =)

Just about... the many different ways they say to praise God.. Praise him with cymbals, flutes, trumpets, tamborine... I like to praise God with many things too, especially with dance since I used to do praise dance growing up at one of my old churches I used to go to.  

EmberFoxHeart

Blazing Fox

33,550 Points
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:30 pm
Hi, my name is Total Moon on Gaia Online. My real name is Natalie.
I just recently lost my aunt on December 8 who used to live in Queens, New York, but moved in 2002 to Corvallis, Oregon. She was 57 years old, sister of my mother who is the baby of that family. I am dressed in mourning which is the reason for the black wear. I'll be in normal happy colors soon. Mainly before Christmas. I am not a teenager. I have been a member of Gaia since 2003 when this site first came into being. I am 26 years old, married faithfully to my husband, had three children together and live in a nice building in Far Rockaway. I am a believer in Christ and God. I was once raised into the Roman Catholic faith but have fallen more into Baptist/Pentecostal/AME/Apostolic style. I've grown tired of the "funeral music" in the Catholic church. I truthfully, though I am of White background, I love Old Gospel from African American singers like Mahalia Jackson, Aretha Franklin, etc. Thank you for inviting me to this guild. I myself made my own Christian Guild. I hope you will visit it and give it some life. lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:18 pm
Don't worry about it. ^^ I used to go to more of a charismatic type church. After the minister tried imparting tongues on me (he believed everyone should speak in tongues), and I felt that was wrong - so I left. People falling on the floor, convulsing and general disorder discouraged me from going. Then I went to congregation called Philadelphia. I liked it there. People seemed to use the Bible, and there were many good testimonies. It is a church I would consider going to in the future.

I dont beleive everyone should speak in tongues, if God wants to use you in that way he will if you force it like that its blasphemy. I agree with you. There are 7 gifts the Holy Ghost can give people and not everyone deserves them. But yeh, we have lots of great testimonies too. My daughter when she was born had swallowed her bowel movement while in the womb and we almost lost her, she went into respiratory distress and started having seizures. She was put on a vent 3 times. She had to have a feeding tube and everything. She stayed in the hospital for 19 days before we got to bring her home. God has healed her she is almost 4 now. She is rotten though lol. She still has seizures but their not as bad, she hasnt had one in almost 9 months! Since then we were also blessed with another beautiful healthy baby girl. She is almost 2 now. Shes also rotten haha.

Also my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer. He had a tumor that was in his tonsils all the way up into his nose. He couldnt hardly breathe he couldnt eat. He had to sleep sitting up in a chair because he couldnt lay down it would shut his air off completely. He had to have a feeding tube and do chemo and radiation. He is a wonderful God fearing man and never missed Church, he drove the bus for them too. He never questioned God or gave up. We prayed and fasted for him hard and after about 8 moths he was cancer free! God healed him and now he uses his testimony to bring people to God.

I have many more but these are my favs. heart  

Lupe Whisperer

Blessed Werewolf

8,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:34 pm
Athelius
Garland-Green

Welcome to the guild Daniella! It is great that you accepted my invitation.
What is it that is causing you to move away from the evangelical?

thanks!! i'd like to move away because i think that too much time is spent worrying about things that are not so important, and too little time is spent developing relationships with god and living the way jesus said we should live.. if you have any suggestions for other churches i'd love to know since right now i don't have a specific church. or, well there is the one that my family goes to but i don't consider myself part of it anymore xp
it's kinda scary to even say it like that lol

From what I have gathered even a "bad" church can be the right place to be in, as long as the church is not dead. That there's some life left in it. You have a bigger opportunity to serve there in some occasions than in churches where you are completely comfortable. There are several good denominations. Some that have made great worldly compromise and are about to have their candles removed but still have have some life left in them, and others who manage to keep the truth and keep the flames burning so to speak. To pick a church I would see how they handle the Bible, and what their view of Jesus is. What their view of Jesus is usually reflects their condition.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:36 pm
EmberFoxHeart
Garland-Green
EmberFoxHeart
Hello, My name is Nicole, but you may call me Ember or Nikki if you like.

1. Name your pets: I used to have pets... but I don't anymore as they have all died sadly. My mom and Dad had a German Shepherd named Kara, she died before I was born so I don't know her much. Had hermit crabs as well, but don't remember much of their names and they all died cause of my brother and I not taking care of them well. but if I got better at taking care of animals, I would get a black cat and name it Jinx if I could.
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Psalm 150. the whole chapter.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: I don't have a favorite... but if I had to choose... it would be Esther.
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Don't really have a certain denomination for me or my family. I just believe that the Bible is God-breathed and should follow everything that he teaches us to be good Christians.
5. The name of your country: United States of America.
6. Your favorite color: I like all colors of the rainbow personally, but if I had to choose... Blue, Pink and Purple.
7. Your occupation: Gonna be working at an assembly line, helping make safety equipment for firefighters and other people. Its temporary at the moment since I need a job to pay off my car. Eventually I want to be a graphic artist or video game designer for concept art or backgrounds and such.

Welcome Nicole! We are pleased to you have with us.
Why do you like Psalm 150? =)

Just about... the many different ways they say to praise God.. Praise him with cymbals, flutes, trumpets, tamborine... I like to praise God with many things too, especially with dance since I used to do praise dance growing up at one of my old churches I used to go to.

That sounds awesome. I have no rhythm so I am a terrible dancer, but I think it is great that people use dance to praise the LORD.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:39 pm
Total Moon
Hi, my name is Total Moon on Gaia Online. My real name is Natalie.
I just recently lost my aunt on December 8 who used to live in Queens, New York, but moved in 2002 to Corvallis, Oregon. She was 57 years old, sister of my mother who is the baby of that family. I am dressed in mourning which is the reason for the black wear. I'll be in normal happy colors soon. Mainly before Christmas. I am not a teenager. I have been a member of Gaia since 2003 when this site first came into being. I am 26 years old, married faithfully to my husband, had three children together and live in a nice building in Far Rockaway. I am a believer in Christ and God. I was once raised into the Roman Catholic faith but have fallen more into Baptist/Pentecostal/AME/Apostolic style. I've grown tired of the "funeral music" in the Catholic church. I truthfully, though I am of White background, I love Old Gospel from African American singers like Mahalia Jackson, Aretha Franklin, etc. Thank you for inviting me to this guild. I myself made my own Christian Guild. I hope you will visit it and give it some life. lol.

Thank you for accepting the invitation Natalie. I am sorry about you loss. 57 is not so old. It is younger than my dad. You've been here as long as I have. How did you find the site? I agree with you about Old Gospel.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:42 pm
Lupe Whisperer
I dont beleive everyone should speak in tongues, if God wants to use you in that way he will if you force it like that its blasphemy. I agree with you. There are 7 gifts the Holy Ghost can give people and not everyone deserves them. But yeh, we have lots of great testimonies too. My daughter when she was born had swallowed her bowel movement while in the womb and we almost lost her, she went into respiratory distress and started having seizures. She was put on a vent 3 times. She had to have a feeding tube and everything. She stayed in the hospital for 19 days before we got to bring her home. God has healed her she is almost 4 now. She is rotten though lol. She still has seizures but their not as bad, she hasnt had one in almost 9 months! Since then we were also blessed with another beautiful healthy baby girl. She is almost 2 now. Shes also rotten haha.

Also my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer. He had a tumor that was in his tonsils all the way up into his nose. He couldnt hardly breathe he couldnt eat. He had to sleep sitting up in a chair because he couldnt lay down it would shut his air off completely. He had to have a feeding tube and do chemo and radiation. He is a wonderful God fearing man and never missed Church, he drove the bus for them too. He never questioned God or gave up. We prayed and fasted for him hard and after about 8 moths he was cancer free! God healed him and now he uses his testimony to bring people to God.

Wow! Those are some great testimonies! It is always awesome when God heal people, because illness is something tangible to those who do not believe.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Lupe Whisperer

Blessed Werewolf

8,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:41 am
Garland-Green
Lupe Whisperer

Wow! Those are some great testimonies! It is always awesome when God heal people, because illness is something tangible to those who do not believe.

Yes, I have seen the blind see again its just amazing. How can anyone deny God I dont understand. God is all around us  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:37 pm
I would like to confess about my own faith in God and how he saved me, my son and my husband from death individually. Me and my son almost died at birth when I fell into labor with him. For three weeks, I was in a coma in the hospital and my son, thank God, was saved after being born dead. He has come a long way from when he was born and is a strong little boy, now 4 years old. He still needs strong, believing and faithful prayer because he too has a feeding tube in his stomach and a tracheotomy in his neck. He can't speak, stand or move like a regular 4 year old but I believe he will be an inspiration to all of the other children who sadly go through worse than what he's suffering in the medical facility he's in (St. Elizabeth Seton Pediatrics). I pray that all children will no longer have to suffer for our mistakes and wicked acts.  

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Raixa_Phantasy

Mega Pieslinger

11,300 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:59 am
User Image

"
Hey! I'm from the U.S. I am not so proud of the country and do not want to be affiliated with it. I'm a high school student. I started actively reading the Bible ( Hebraic Roots version ) more than a year ago. I think this guild would be just a place for me to hang out with righteous people. "

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:15 am
Raixa_Phantasy
User Image

"
Hey! I'm from the U.S. I am not so proud of the country and do not want to be affiliated with it. I'm a high school student. I started actively reading the Bible ( Hebraic Roots version ) more than a year ago. I think this guild would be just a place for me to hang out with righteous people. "

Hello, and welcome to the guild! smile Awesome to have you with us.
The US is not all bad, it has some great history and there's still churches and people around who preach the truth.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:48 am
Welcome to the Guild. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'm American hopefully I don't offend you much...Let not our birthplace nor title rule over our Love and Charity. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:09 pm
A generic request for introductions tends to yield generic results. Thus, even a random list adds an element of something new. I approve wholeheartedly.

What to call me: I don't know. A name that you choose is more meaningful than any title I choose for myself. Half-a-lifetime ago "Takes the Wings of the Morning" might have been good. But we are long since past that.

1. Name your pets
George Riley & Tchaikovsi Tiberius

2. List your favorite Bible verse
Hmmm... I like John 3:17.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Probably the gospel according to John.

4. Your denomination/beliefs
United Methodist--open hearts, open minds, open doors. /
beliefs--I believe that God is perfection and we are as filthy rags before his greatness. I believe that whether we seek good or evil in any individual we can find evidence of what we seek, but best to seek the good. I believe that no matter what we do we cannot deserve Heaven, but God wants to save us if we can just accept his outstretched hand and let him. And I very much understand that 'sin' is the force of separation between ourselves and God, the separation of man from man, that distance that lets us distinguish between the suffering of others and our own and callous ourselves to it.

5. The name of your country
This world is not for me. I'm just a-passin' through. If Heaven is not my home, oh Lord what will I do? The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door and I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
But physically I occupy the United States.

6. Your favorite color
I like colors who are serious about being colors. Not paisleys. Greens that are unashamed of being green. Reds that are unashamed of being red. Blues and purples and pinks that don't hide their light under a bushel.

7. Your occupation
At this moment I am occupied in filling out this introduction. But that's largely because I have the day off of work. smile  

Cats Are Love

Shameless Giver

8,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:16 pm
Cats Are Love
A generic request for introductions tends to yield generic results. Thus, even a random list adds an element of something new. I approve wholeheartedly.

What to call me: I don't know. A name that you choose is more meaningful than any title I choose for myself. Half-a-lifetime ago "Takes the Wings of the Morning" might have been good. But we are long since past that.

1. Name your pets
George Riley & Tchaikovsi Tiberius

2. List your favorite Bible verse
Hmmm... I like John 3:17.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Probably the gospel according to John.

4. Your denomination/beliefs
United Methodist--open hearts, open minds, open doors. /
beliefs--I believe that God is perfection and we are as filthy rags before his greatness. I believe that whether we seek good or evil in any individual we can find evidence of what we seek, but best to seek the good. I believe that no matter what we do we cannot deserve Heaven, but God wants to save us if we can just accept his outstretched hand and let him. And I very much understand that 'sin' is the force of separation between ourselves and God, the separation of man from man, that distance that lets us distinguish between the suffering of others and our own and callous ourselves to it.

5. The name of your country
This world is not for me. I'm just a-passin' through. If Heaven is not my home, oh Lord what will I do? The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door and I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
But physically I occupy the United States.

6. Your favorite color
I like colors who are serious about being colors. Not paisleys. Greens that are unashamed of being green. Reds that are unashamed of being red. Blues and purples and pinks that don't hide their light under a bushel.

7. Your occupation
At this moment I am occupied in filling out this introduction. But that's largely because I have the day off of work. smile

Hello, and welcome to the guild! Those are some interesting pet names. Cats or dogs? The verse after probably the most famous verse of the Bible - John.3:16 smile  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff