Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Cats Are Love

Shameless Giver

8,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:48 pm
Garland-Green
Cats Are Love
A generic request for introductions tends to yield generic results. Thus, even a random list adds an element of something new. I approve wholeheartedly.

What to call me: I don't know. A name that you choose is more meaningful than any title I choose for myself. Half-a-lifetime ago "Takes the Wings of the Morning" might have been good. But we are long since past that.

1. Name your pets
George Riley & Tchaikovsi Tiberius

2. List your favorite Bible verse
Hmmm... I like John 3:17.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Probably the gospel according to John.

4. Your denomination/beliefs
United Methodist--open hearts, open minds, open doors. /
beliefs--I believe that God is perfection and we are as filthy rags before his greatness. I believe that whether we seek good or evil in any individual we can find evidence of what we seek, but best to seek the good. I believe that no matter what we do we cannot deserve Heaven, but God wants to save us if we can just accept his outstretched hand and let him. And I very much understand that 'sin' is the force of separation between ourselves and God, the separation of man from man, that distance that lets us distinguish between the suffering of others and our own and callous ourselves to it.

5. The name of your country
This world is not for me. I'm just a-passin' through. If Heaven is not my home, oh Lord what will I do? The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door and I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
But physically I occupy the United States.

6. Your favorite color
I like colors who are serious about being colors. Not paisleys. Greens that are unashamed of being green. Reds that are unashamed of being red. Blues and purples and pinks that don't hide their light under a bushel.

7. Your occupation
At this moment I am occupied in filling out this introduction. But that's largely because I have the day off of work. smile

Hello, and welcome to the guild! Those are some interesting pet names. Cats or dogs? The verse after probably the most famous verse of the Bible - John.3:16 smile

cats. and yes--very important but far more overlooked than its' better-known predecessor.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 am
Hi, I've been a member of the guild for a while but I had never introduced myself (to my knowledge that is).

1. Name your pets

I have miniature lop eared rabbit called Esther. She's sooooo cute!! whee

2. List your favourite Bible verse

John 3:16

3. List your favourite book of the Bible

Acts

Christian (or born again christian if you prefer).

England (but not for long, through prayer and guidance it looks like my husband and I will be moving in around a year and half to move to Ireland to continue Gods work there).

6. Your favourite colour

I don't really have a favourite colour, nor prefer one or the other.

7. Your occupation

I'm a student at university in my second year.

LadySmudgeling

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:14 pm
LadySmudgeling
Hi, I've been a member of the guild for a while but I had never introduced myself (to my knowledge that is).

1. Name your pets

I have miniature lop eared rabbit called Esther. She's sooooo cute!! whee

2. List your favourite Bible verse

John 3:16

3. List your favourite book of the Bible

Acts

Christian (or born again christian if you prefer).

England (but not for long, through prayer and guidance it looks like my husband and I will be moving in around a year and half to move to Ireland to continue Gods work there).

6. Your favourite colour

I don't really have a favourite colour, nor prefer one or the other.

7. Your occupation

I'm a student at university in my second year.

Better late than never! Welcome to the guild!
That is awesome! Is it missionary work you will be doing?
Currently reading Acts myself. Any protip? smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:54 am
Garland-Green

Better late than never! Welcome to the guild!
That is awesome! Is it missionary work you will be doing?
Currently reading Acts myself. Any protip? smile

It isn't missionary work as such, we feel that God wants us to plant a new church. The church I belong to believes in God's work, so we're big on planting. Planting meaning that a group of people who have a heart for the same thing will go into an area (local or overseas) and start a new church. We aren't there to convert or make it out that my church is better. We want to reach those who don't believe in God, or don't go to church. I hope that makes sense.

As for protip? I don't have any I'm very sorry.

LadySmudgeling

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:05 am
Hello everyone. I'm Cappie, or you can call me Cappeh, and I'm one of your older Gaian's, who loves Jesus very much. I accepted Jesus into my heart 7 years ago, in a nursing home I used to work at. I take care of the elderly. I found this guild by skimming through different guilds.

1. Name your pets - I have several pets. I have 4 cats which are, Harley, Gracie, Lucky Conrad, and Penny. 4 Dogs which are Kai, Bandit, Disco, and Scruffy. A turtle named Donut, and a bird named Chazzie.

2. List your favorite Bible verse - John 3:16

3. List your favorite book of the Bible - My favorite book in the bible is Song of Songs, because the Holy Spirit showed me this book.

4. Your denomination/beliefs - I'm your born again Christian, and I believe Jesus is coming back really soon, and that everyone should get ready for the Rapture. I don't have a denomination, or anything like that. I'm just born again in the spirit. Praise God!

5. The name of your country - USA

6. Your favorite color - I really don't have a favorite color. Weird right?

7. Your occupation - I'm a Certified Nursing Assistant, and I work with the elderly as well as share the Gospel of Jesus Christ at work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:37 pm
Cappeh Sensai
Hello everyone. I'm Cappie, or you can call me Cappeh, and I'm one of your older Gaian's, who loves Jesus very much. I accepted Jesus into my heart 7 years ago, in a nursing home I used to work at. I take care of the elderly. I found this guild by skimming through different guilds.

1. Name your pets - I have several pets. I have 4 cats which are, Harley, Gracie, Lucky Conrad, and Penny. 4 Dogs which are Kai, Bandit, Disco, and Scruffy. A turtle named Donut, and a bird named Chazzie.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible - My favorite book in the bible is Song of Songs, because the Holy Spirit showed me this book.

4. Your denomination/beliefs - I'm your born again Christian, and I believe Jesus is coming back really soon, and that everyone should get ready for the Rapture. I don't have a denomination, or anything like that. I'm just born again in the spirit. Praise God!

7. Your occupation - I'm a Certified Nursing Assistant, and I work with the elderly as well as share the Gospel of Jesus Christ at work.

Welcome to the guild Cappeh! Nice to see that here are other "old" gaians on here. That's a lot of cats and dogs. You have me beat by 3 dogs, a turtle and a bird. What kind of ward do you work at?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:54 am
Garland-Green
Cappeh Sensai

Welcome to the guild Cappeh! Nice to see that here are other "old" gaians on here. That's a lot of cats and dogs. You have me beat by 3 dogs, a turtle and a bird. What kind of ward do you work at?

I work in a nursing home. smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:25 pm
1. Name your pets
Buddy - Dog
Punkin - Cat
PeePie - Cat

2. List your favorite Bible verse
Matthew 11:28-30
28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Proverbs & Revelation

Non Denominational
Some simple things that I believe are...
Water Baptism.
I don't believe in abortion.
I'm not for gay marriage.
I don't believe in divorce, unless there is adultery involved and your spouse is unwilling to follow the gospel.
I was raised to believe that Sunday is the Sabbath day, the first day of the week is Monday.
I do believe that the Illuminati exists and Satan uses these people to corrupt us.
I don't vote.

'Merica

6. Your favorite color
Hot Pink

7. Your occupation
Unemployed/Trying to get into school

Also I am very shy, VERY SHY. I don't talk a lot and I'm trying to come out of that. ^^  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Cynoscion

Soldier

18,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Champion 300
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 pm
Greetings, I am Samuel, know as Cynoscion and Anolis on Gaia, and have finally decided to join this guild. Rather than a favorite verse, since I have too many favorites to list here, I'd just list a few chapters I enjoy; Psalm 37 and 119, Isaiah 55, Romans 8, Ephesians 3, and the list goes on. I'd like to make it clear that I do not belong to, follow, or choose any particular denomination(s), my standard is God's word, the bible, and I enjoy a relationship with God and with my brothers and sisters in Christ based on the fact that they follow Jesus Christ.

My favorite book would have to be either Romans or Ephesians, and I love to study and share the word of God.

God bless you and have a wonderful day!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:17 pm
Thank you for inviting me, it is a pleasure to be here. I'm just a simple guy from the US who works currently as a customer service provider.  

Rurouni Kei

Biggest Otaku

9,175 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:51 am
Cappeh Sensai
Garland-Green
Cappeh Sensai

I work in a nursing home. smile

Working with people is very rewarding. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:59 am
Nenanah

Welcome to the guild Nenanah! I hold to many of the same beliefs you do, simply because the Bible doesn't really allow for leniency on those subjects. Perhaps where we disagree is on what day is the Sabbath day.

Cynoscion

That is a most commendable attitude! Welcome to the guild Samuel!
Feel free to share with us things you discover in your study - we also love to learn more about the Word of God.

Rurouni Kei

It is great to have you with us brother! Welcome to the guild!  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

EllieGrace90

Melodious Detective

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:33 pm
I'm Ellie, 24....

1. I have no pets
2. IDK
3. IDK
4. IDK what a denomination is?
5. US
6. Purple
7. Not appropriate here...

I am the first in my family to leave Free Masonry. Ellie is a pseudo name for safety reasons. I have six months off heroine and meth. I don't really call myself a member of any certain religion, but I'm curious so I'm here. My father is a priest in the Church of Satan, and lost parental rites over me when I was five. I just started picking up the pieces to a really messed up life.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:18 pm
EllieGrace90
I'm Ellie, 24....

1. I have no pets
2. IDK
3. IDK
5. US
6. Purple

I am the first in my family to leave Free Masonry. Ellie is a pseudo name for safety reasons. I have six months off heroine and meth. I don't really call myself a member of any certain religion, but I'm curious so I'm here. My father is a priest in the Church of Satan, and lost parental rites over me when I was five. I just started picking up the pieces to a really messed up life.

Welcome to the guild Ellie! I am glad to hear that you have managed to get away from the abuse! Feel free to ask any questions you want.
A denomination is a group of Christians created as a response to a Bible interpretation. Two examples: The Methodists got their name because their founder, John Wesley, was famous for coming up with “methods” for spiritual growth. Presbyterians are named for their view on church leadership—the Greek word for elder is presbyteros.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

EllieGrace90

Melodious Detective

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:08 pm
Garland-Green
EllieGrace90
I'm Ellie, 24....

1. I have no pets
2. IDK
3. IDK
5. US
6. Purple

Welcome to the guild Ellie! I am glad to hear that you have managed to get away from the abuse! Feel free to ask any questions you want.
A denomination is a group of Christians created as a response to a Bible interpretation. Two examples: The Methodists got their name because their founder, John Wesley, was famous for coming up with “methods” for spiritual growth. Presbyterians are named for their view on church leadership—the Greek word for elder is presbyteros.

Wow That's really interesting smile Thank you for the welcome smile  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces