Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 am
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Garland-Green
If you know anyone who is Christian you could ask them if the have an extra Bible. Many, but not all Christians have more than one Bible laying around (3-4), and would probably part with a copy if asked. smile
I would send you a bible myself if you can't get a response on any of the sites I posted. Keep me posted.

I found a Bible in the garage. It belonged to the person who owned the house before my parents bought it I think. It's got a lot of notes and things in it. I'm not sure if I should keep it. It seems personal.

Wow, that's neat surprised they could've forgotten it, or they could have purposely left it behind for someone else to find smile

Yeah it is. I decided to keep it. I mean, it's been a long time and they haven't come back to claim it. The notes in the Bible will prove to be helpful I hope. smile

Hopefully so and if anything, you'll have a Bible to read. =]  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:25 am
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Garland-Green
If you know anyone who is Christian you could ask them if the have an extra Bible. Many, but not all Christians have more than one Bible laying around (3-4), and would probably part with a copy if asked. smile
I would send you a bible myself if you can't get a response on any of the sites I posted. Keep me posted.

I found a Bible in the garage. It belonged to the person who owned the house before my parents bought it I think. It's got a lot of notes and things in it. I'm not sure if I should keep it. It seems personal.

Wow, that's neat surprised they could've forgotten it, or they could have purposely left it behind for someone else to find smile

Yeah it is. I decided to keep it. I mean, it's been a long time and they haven't come back to claim it. The notes in the Bible will prove to be helpful I hope. smile

smile I don't really know where to start, so I am just starting with Genesis.  

DreamHacker

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 am
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Garland-Green

Genesis is a great start because it is the beginning smile however, it doesn't necessarily matter where you start, but if you read earlier books and continue to read the whole Bible in the order it's in, it can make it easier to understand family lineage that it mentions and aftermaths of certain events. I didn't truly try to read my Bible until after I was married at 20 years old. I feel like I have missed so much, but now a days I'm trying to read from Genesis to Revelation. So far I'm on 2 Samuel and it goes by kinda quick, but there's a lot of information and you learn something new every time you read it ^_^ even if you read the same scripture every day smile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 am
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue

Genesis is a great start because it is the beginning smile however, it doesn't necessarily matter where you start, but if you read earlier books and continue to read the whole Bible in the order it's in, it can make it easier to understand family lineage that it mentions and aftermaths of certain events. I didn't truly try to read my Bible until after I was married at 20 years old. I feel like I have missed so much, but now a days I'm trying to read from Genesis to Revelation. So far I'm on 2 Samuel and it goes by kinda quick, but there's a lot of information and you learn something new every time you read it ^_^ even if you read the same scripture every day smile

Okay. I need to get off now. A few friends and I are going to watch The Hunger Games. ^^  

DreamHacker

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:17 am
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue
DreamHacker
Aquatic_blue

Okay. I need to get off now. A few friends and I are going to watch The Hunger Games. ^^

Alright smile have fun and take care!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:34 am
Ok.... so let's get started....
My first name is Jonathan.... but my friends call me by my last name: Fujii
1. Name your pets: Way too many to name... 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, a cat, 6 birds, 25 fish,
2. List your favorite Bible verse: John 3:16 (For now, still haven't decided)
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Revelation (Always fascinates me)
4. Your age: 14 (Sometimes I fell more like 40.... Some people mistake me for a middle-aged man because of all the white hairs I have sweatdrop )
5. Your denomination/beliefs: Non-Denominational, but either way 100% Christian
6. The name of your country: United States of America, Hawaii
7. Your favorite color: Black/White
8. Your occupation: Formerly a student debating with evolutionist university professors online (They always throw out those weird paradox questions). Currently a student writing stories, singing, managing an online shop, and getting $2 for soda everyday  

jfujii

Hygienic Millionaire

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:29 pm
Welcome to the guild, Jonathan biggrin it's a pleasure to have you here!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 pm
Aquatic_blue

Thank you smile  

jfujii

Hygienic Millionaire

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:56 pm
jfujii
Aquatic_blue

Thank you smile

You're welcome biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:14 am
Hey everyone! I'm glad to be here!!

1. Name your pets: (Hehe, this might take a while...)
2 dogs; Goldy and Moussia, 2 cats; Kiara and Maggie, 2 ferrets; Laska and Vanilla and a few parrots, my favorite ones being Kouritsa and Barchouk (2 cockatiel sisters).
2. List your favorite Bible verse: John 4:13-14
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: John
4. Your age: 20 and 21 next month!
5. Your denomination/beliefs: Closest to a Protestant I think. xD
6. The name of your country: Canada!
7. Your favorite color: Blue
8. Your occupation: Business Student (HR)

Elena Kiara

Friendly Explorer

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:24 am
Elena Kiara
Hey everyone! I'm glad to be here!!

1. Name your pets: (Hehe, this might take a while...)
2 dogs; Goldy and Moussia, 2 cats; Kiara and Maggie, 2 ferrets; Laska and Vanilla and a few parrots, my favorite ones being Kouritsa and Barchouk (2 cockatiel sisters).
2. List your favorite Bible verse: John 4:13-14
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: John
4. Your age: 20 and 21 next month!
5. Your denomination/beliefs: Closest to a Protestant I think. xD
6. The name of your country: Canada!
7. Your favorite color: Blue
8. Your occupation: Business Student (HR)

Hello, and welcome! biggrin I love parrots. Watched some very funny videos on youtube with my wife of various parrots. Now I want one. Amazing how intelligent the are.

Out of curiosity: why is John your favorite?
How is Canada when it comes to Christianity?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:29 am
jfujii
Ok.... so let's get started....
My first name is Jonathan.... but my friends call me by my last name: Fujii
1. Name your pets: Way too many to name... 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, a cat, 6 birds, 25 fish,
2. List your favorite Bible verse: John 3:16 (For now, still haven't decided)
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Revelation (Always fascinates me)
4. Your age: 14 (Sometimes I fell more like 40.... Some people mistake me for a middle-aged man because of all the white hairs I have sweatdrop )
5. Your denomination/beliefs: Non-Denominational, but either way 100% Christian
6. The name of your country: United States of America, Hawaii
7. Your favorite color: Black/White
8. Your occupation: Formerly a student debating with evolutionist university professors online (They always throw out those weird paradox questions). Currently a student writing stories, singing, managing an online shop, and getting $2 for soda everyday

Hello and welcome Jonathan. I hear you with the hair! I myself started going bald at twenty. Now I shave my head. No point in having hair just on the sides!

Coincidentally Revelation is also my favorite book. It has a lot of hope in it. Though it has terrifying images at times it shows us the end, and a new beginning.

What kind of questions do they throw out?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:35 am
Serene Dippity
Aquatic_blue

1. Snowball c: Who passed away recently. And miggins the hamster, since my friends used him in an experiment :c
2. No Specific favorite c:
3. Genesis
4. I'd say 16 and above.
5. I believe in God.
6. Philippines
7. Red
8. High School Student.

Hello and welcome! smile
Snowball. Like Lisa Simpsons cat. I am sorry about your loss.
I like the way Genesis is written. There is something very appealing about
the language to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:32 pm
Garland-Green
Serene Dippity

1. Snowball c: Who passed away recently. And miggins the hamster, since my friends used him in an experiment :c
2. No Specific favorite c:
3. Genesis
4. I'd say 16 and above.
5. I believe in God.
6. Philippines
7. Red
8. High School Student.

Hello and welcome! smile
Snowball. Like Lisa Simpsons cat. I am sorry about your loss.
I like the way Genesis is written.
There is something very appealing about
the language to me.
Ahaha 4laugh
Yeah... He was a really playful hamster, and so adorable too!~
Genesis really brings out God's creations.
You mean tagalog? o:  

Saelrian

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200