Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

managirl555

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:00 am
Aquatic_blue
Welcome to the guild! We try our absolute best to make sure everyone is welcome and that we can talk about God freely among our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and among those who are new to certain beliefs or simply here to observe our beliefs.

Make sure to post what you would like us to call you in the guild and everything else you want to mention about yourself is up to you. Here are a few ideas for topics to mention about yourself:

1. Name your pets
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
4. Your denomination/beliefs
5. The name of your country
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

Keep in mind these are ideas and it is your choice how you introduce yourself and how much information you would like to share. Please, realize that you are not obligated to share any type of personal information about yourself that you don't want to share!

Remember to be kind to others if you feel you must respond to someone else's post on the introduction board for any reason. This is also a board where "bumping" is not allowed. Thank you and have a great day! ^_^

Hello! I'm a Presbyterian, live in the U.S., and I'm going to be a college student this fall. I really don't have a favorite color. I feel like my connection with God isn't as strong as I would like it to be. During middle school & high school, I would doze off during bible studies & sermons. I had very few friends at church and they all moved to a different church. I was always alone and didn't care much for church. It felt like a routine on Sundays: wake up, eat, go to church, come back. Also, I would only pray to God to help me do something. For example: "Dear God, please help me get an A on the test." Or my other prayers would be like: "Dear God, please make me be healthy." I wish to be closer to God & not drift away from him. I have also made a post in the ED's "religion & morality" section about my current situation and got some rude responses. Anyway, I'm glad that I joined this guild!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:18 am
managirl555
Aquatic_blue
Welcome to the guild! We try our absolute best to make sure everyone is welcome and that we can talk about God freely among our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and among those who are new to certain beliefs or simply here to observe our beliefs.

Make sure to post what you would like us to call you in the guild and everything else you want to mention about yourself is up to you. Here are a few ideas for topics to mention about yourself:

1. Name your pets
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
4. Your denomination/beliefs
5. The name of your country
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

Keep in mind these are ideas and it is your choice how you introduce yourself and how much information you would like to share. Please, realize that you are not obligated to share any type of personal information about yourself that you don't want to share!

Remember to be kind to others if you feel you must respond to someone else's post on the introduction board for any reason. This is also a board where "bumping" is not allowed. Thank you and have a great day! ^_^

Hello! I'm a Presbyterian, live in the U.S., and I'm going to be a college student this fall. I really don't have a favorite color. I feel like my connection with God isn't as strong as I would like it to be. During middle school & high school, I would doze off during bible studies & sermons. I had very few friends at church and they all moved to a different church. I was always alone and didn't care much for church. It felt like a routine on Sundays: wake up, eat, go to church, come back. Also, I would only pray to God to help me do something. For example: "Dear God, please help me get an A on the test." Or my other prayers would be like: "Dear God, please make me be healthy." I wish to be closer to God & not drift away from him. I have also made a post in the ED's "religion & morality" section about my current situation and got some rude responses. Anyway, I'm glad that I joined this guild!

Hello and welcome to the guild! ^_^Thank you for accepting the invitation.
I saw the answers in religion & morality, and thought that it would be more beneficial for you to be here with us. Don't be hesitant to interact with us, and participate in prayer requests and discussions. Perhaps it was the church you were going and the way they presented things that made you feel like it was routine? Have you had any thoughts around why you would doze off during Bible studies and sermons?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:20 am
DragonFang09
Garland-Green
DragonFang09
Hello! I prefer to be called either Dragon or Andi. Despite my avi, I am a girl. I was saved in 2006, almost three months after I turned fifteen. I've read through the Bible at least once, and I am doing a daily Bible study, in which I am able to read through the Bible in a year. I also believe in the power of prayer, since the Bible states that "where two or three of us join together, it will be done." (That's just paraphrasing, I don't know the exact words.) I love music, and I can play simple hymns on my acoustic guitar, such as Amazing Grace and others that only have a few chords. I love to read, and am currently working my way through the Warriors series (by Erin Hunter) for the second time. I enjoy rping here on Gaia, and I've got two guilds that I own myself, although both of them are pretty dead right now, and in need of some new blood to get them up and running again. I don't mind answering questions, so feel free to ask.

Welcome to the guild Andi! How did you get saved? You don't have to answer if you are not comfortable answering, but I am always interested in hearing how people are saved. ^^ It is very inspirational. I agree with you on the power of prayer. We are exhorted to always pray about everything always (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.).

I don't mind talking about it. I was saved on a Wednesday night, when my home church was having revival. One of the deacons in my church led me to Jesus, and my life has never been the same. Truth be told, I had a bad temper problem before I was saved, but since I came to Jesus, hardly anything will make me angry. There are, however, some things that I will not tolerate, and that is people messing with my family in the wrong way, (and yes, my friends are included in my family) and people taking God's name in vain.

That is awesome! Pretty awesome that you even remember the day. I don't remember what day of the week it was when I was saved. It is a remarkable experience though, that will sit you.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:22 am
SenjuTyler
Hey guys, I'm kinda new. Lol, what's a happening?

Welcome to the guild! Thank you for joining us! =) Nothing much here. Getting ready for the last day of school before the weekend and I can go home and see my wife. What is happening in your life? =)  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

7eo

Timely Genius

8,425 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:22 pm
Hi there, it's my first time join a guild, and I think this is a good place to come at first. mrgreen
You can call me Aeon (it's my code name) or Robert (sorry I can't tell my real name on internet).
My favorite verse is Revelation, because I'm impatient waiting His second coming. As you know many signs has showed up everywhere, and let me know if u had some article talking about it in this forum. wink
I'm not sure about denomination/beliefs. I don't like this things, because of this, Christians divided and had own different
comprehension which can caused confusion understanding His words. sad
I live at Indonesia, an archipelago country at SE Asia. It's major at Islamic, and had some fanatics who sometimes causing troubles on Christians.
My favorite color is white and blue, sometimes I like black too.
I'm 3rd years at college and now making final essay for graduation. Please pray me to get quick graduate and getting a good jobs. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:20 pm
7eo
Hi there, it's my first time join a guild, and I think this is a good place to come at first. mrgreen
You can call me Aeon (it's my code name) or Robert (sorry I can't tell my real name on internet).
My favorite verse is Revelation, because I'm impatient waiting His second coming. As you know many signs has showed up everywhere, and let me know if u had some article talking about it in this forum. wink
I'm not sure about denomination/beliefs. I don't like this things, because of this, Christians divided and had own different
I live at Indonesia, an archipelago country at SE Asia. It's major at Islamic, and had some fanatics who sometimes causing troubles on Christians.
I'm 3rd years at college and now making final essay for graduation. Please pray me to get quick graduate and getting a good jobs. 3nodding

Hello there. Welcome to the Bible forum. I hope you have a great time here!  

Biblical_Counselor

7eo

Timely Genius

8,425 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:09 pm
Creation_Today
7eo

Thanks for welcoming. I confused what I must do first. Did here have some information about His second come?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:37 am
7eo
Creation_Today
7eo

Thanks for welcoming. I confused what I must do first. Did here have some information about His second come?

What do you mean?  

Biblical_Counselor

7eo

Timely Genius

8,425 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:33 am
Creation_Today
7eo
Creation_Today
7eo

What do you mean?

Second Advent or Parousia.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:39 am
7eo

Thank you for joining us, and welcome to the guild! =)

I've gathered a few links I think are relevant to what you are asking about concerning signs;

Four Blood Moons, Two Cattle Born with number 7 on head.
I'm honestly scared of "The Blood Moon Prophecy"
Tetrad Blood Moons: Signs in Heaven

Was this what you had in mind?

Edit:
Also some Bible studies concerning the end times that I have enjoyed reading;

Book of Daniel Bible Study: The Key to Bible Prophecy
Behind the Scenes of History- The Book of Revelation  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

7eo

Timely Genius

8,425 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 am
Garland-Green
7eo

Thank you for joining us, and welcome to the guild! =)

I've gathered a few links I think are relevant to what you are asking about concerning signs;

Four Blood Moons, Two Cattle Born with number 7 on head.
I'm honestly scared of "The Blood Moon Prophecy"
Tetrad Blood Moons: Signs in Heaven

Was this what you had in mind?

Edit:
Also some Bible studies concerning the end times that I have enjoyed reading;

Book of Daniel Bible Study: The Key to Bible Prophecy
Behind the Scenes of History- The Book of Revelation

Ah yes, this is like I want. I'll take my time to read it later.
Anyway, why something like this not discussed also on this guild?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:42 pm
Hello I am SakuraFoxDreamer, I am 27 and currently attending college. I teach catechism on saturdays and I am a catholic. I like the movies of all kind and Anime. But for religious movies and cartoons I like:

Gods not Dead
Heaven is Real
Dreamworks Prince of Egypt (I grew up with this movie)
The Nativity Story
and I think it is call The King and I, Its the one about a girl who is trying to save her people and she hides her belief and got marry to a king.

My favorite quote is:

"Be not overcome by evil; but overcome evil with good"

Um that's me and I am an open minded believer and I like answering question. If I dont have the answers then I am sorry.  

JasmineDarkdreamer

Shadowy Hunter

9,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Divorced 100

SARL0

Quotable Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:30 pm
i'm a stay at home mom. i have teenage children.
we have a dog Duke and a mother cat Avia who had 5 kittens 1 month ago. so 7 pets total atm! the kitties are wrestling and play-fighting now and are so cute. but this is from when she had them.. awwwww!!

User Image

My favorite bible verse changes from time to time. right now it's
Proverbs 16:7
When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

that verse kinda blows my mind! our God is so amazing! heart
my favorite book in the bible is probably Romans, but Proverbs is an equal fav.

my beliefs are strictly Bible. i'm a Bible believer. 3nodding
i'm not a member of any church atm, but shortly after i got saved i joined a Fundamental Baptist church and that is where i learned the most Bible from and still am learning from sermons preached at that church. i moved from IL to TN so i can only get the sermons via live stream or from downloading sermons from the church's website. There's a local baptist church near by that i occasionally attend.

#5. U.S.A.
#6. pink
#7. stay at home mom - always work to do!

Hope to enjoy some talks and bible time w/ ya'll!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:51 am
SakuraFoxDreamer

Hello and welcome to the guild! =) What kind of age group do you teach?

Prince of Egypt is a splendidly well drawn movie. It is a movie I myself have watched several times.

SARL0

Welcome to the guild! =)

Your cat looks exactly like one of my cats!

Fundamental is a word that I believe is misunderstood by the world at large even some Christian, but the way I think of it is someone who adhere to the fundamentals.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

SARL0

Quotable Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:16 pm
Garland-Green
SakuraFoxDreamer

Hello and welcome to the guild! =) What kind of age group do you teach?

Prince of Egypt is a splendidly well drawn movie. It is a movie I myself have watched several times.

SARL0

Welcome to the guild! =)

Your cat looks exactly like one of my cats!

Fundamental is a word that I believe is misunderstood by the world at large even some Christian, but the way I think of it is someone who adhere to the fundamentals.

oh most definitely. the world is succeeding at attaching negativity to certain descriptive words. and accusing ppl who take a biblical stand on sin of having "phobias" .
it just means that i believe the fundamentals of the Christian faith 3nodding  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces