Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

JasmineDarkdreamer

Shadowy Hunter

9,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Divorced 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:10 pm
Garland-Green
SakuraFoxDreamer

Hello and welcome to the guild! =) What kind of age group do you teach?

Prince of Egypt is a splendidly well drawn movie. It is a movie I myself have watched several times.

SARL0

Welcome to the guild! =)

Your cat looks exactly like one of my cats!

Fundamental is a word that I believe is misunderstood by the world at large even some Christian, but the way I think of it is someone who adhere to the fundamentals.

7 to 12 year old  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:14 am
Hi, My name is Elijah. Thanks for letting me join. I been off and on Gaia for many years and recently decided to start fresh with a new account. This time around I plan to take my walk with God more seriously and plan to converse with other believers and not so much with God hating individuals I so often see in the forums. I'm a born again believer who's been saved for about 10 years now and I believe in the same facts stated in the Guild's statement of faith. I really like what you guys have done with the place and look forward to being a part of this.

First verse I ever practiced remembering and one of my favorites is KJV Psalm 36:7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. As for a single favorite book or verse, I have many and they somewhat often change lol. God is good, and I'm grateful he's a gracious King and loving Father to his people throughout all ages.  

Extreme Fortitude

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:31 am
SakuraFoxDreamer
Garland-Green
SakuraFoxDreamer

Hello and welcome to the guild! =) What kind of age group do you teach?

Prince of Egypt is a splendidly well drawn movie. It is a movie I myself have watched several times.

SARL0

Welcome to the guild! =)

Your cat looks exactly like one of my cats!

Fundamental is a word that I believe is misunderstood by the world at large even some Christian, but the way I think of it is someone who adhere to the fundamentals.

7 to 12 year old

You said you teach catechism? What does that involve?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:38 am
Extreme Fortitude
Hi, My name is Elijah. Thanks for letting me join. I been off and on Gaia for many years and recently decided to start fresh with a new account. This time around I plan to take my walk with God more seriously and plan to converse with other believers and not so much with God hating individuals I so often see in the forums. I'm a born again believer who's been saved for about 10 years now and I believe in the same facts stated in the Guild's statement of faith. I really like what you guys have done with the place and look forward to being a part of this.

First verse I ever practiced remembering and one of my favorites is KJV Psalm 36:7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. As for a single favorite book or verse, I have many and they somewhat often change lol. God is good, and I'm grateful he's a gracious King and loving Father to his people throughout all ages.

Greetings, and welcome to the guild Elijah! Excellent name by the way!

We are happy to have you join us. How did you get saved? Was there any particular event that lead you to believe?

I've started avoiding writing in some of the forums because of the general attitude of those that are there. They are more set on provoking and mocking than being answered in an honest fashion, and if you answer then they flood you with questions to silence you. If someone immediately finds 50 new questions after you have answered 50 then they are not really looking for answers but to silence you, or to win a debate. At least that has been my experience.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Extreme Fortitude

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:24 pm
Garland-Green
Extreme Fortitude

We are happy to have you join us. How did you get saved? Was there any particular event that lead you to believe?

I've started avoiding writing in some of the forums because of the general attitude of those that are there. They are more set on provoking and mocking than being answered in an honest fashion, and if you answer then they flood you with questions to silence you. If someone immediately finds 50 new questions after you have answered 50 then they are not really looking for answers but to silence you, or to win a debate. At least that has been my experience.

I've always been curious about heavenly things and would read the Bible every now and then. I also considered the thought of hell maybe being real and wanted to avoid such a fate. One day, as I was reading the commandments I thought to myself "What if I started keeping these and tried to seek God and do what pleases him; could I maybe encounter God somehow?" and it was shorty after that I prayed to God and gave my life to him and was born again. Most people I know got saved in church or someone witnessing to them. God just had me curious about spiritual things and saved me alone in my bedroom.

And yeah I've seen that attitude here a lot as well and IRL. Not to mention when they themselves bring up God, but then say you're the one cramming it down their throat. I just simply gave you the biblical answer. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:47 pm
My name is Sunnie and I am a worship team member and Little Skippers bible school academy leader (bible study basically, we just give it a more revved up name to get the kids excited, my age range is pre-school/pre-k) at church. I have a cat and 14 fish (4 goldfish, 7 female bettas, 3 male bettas, and two mystery snails) and am a childcare worker. I am 26 years old, single, and have been working to re-assess my friendships and try to surround myself with other Christians in places I frequent. I've been away from gaia since 2013 because of life and a lack of laptop but now that I'm back, I'm seeing if it's worth being back. I've lost a lot of real life and internet friends over time simply because of growing up and moving on and out, but it's gotten a little lonely. (Not that I'm LONELY, however on my down time I do not have friends to fellowship with. I live very far away, I can't just hop in the car and join up with others easily.)  

Sunniesaurus

Bashful Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
  • Overstocked 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:59 am
Extreme Fortitude
Garland-Green
Extreme Fortitude

I've always been curious about heavenly things and would read the Bible every now and then. I also considered the thought of hell maybe being real and wanted to avoid such a fate. One day, as I was reading the commandments I thought to myself "What if I started keeping these and tried to seek God and do what pleases him; could I maybe encounter God somehow?" and it was shorty after that I prayed to God and gave my life to him and was born again. Most people I know got saved in church or someone witnessing to them. God just had me curious about spiritual things and saved me alone in my bedroom.

And yeah I've seen that attitude here a lot as well and IRL. Not to mention when they themselves bring up God, but then say you're the one cramming it down their throat. I just simply gave you the biblical answer. rolleyes

That is pretty cool. Being saved is what is important, not where it is done.
I got saved walking out at night down a gravel road.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:02 am
Sunniesaurus
My name is Sunnie and I am a worship team member and Little Skippers bible school academy leader (bible study basically, we just give it a more revved up name to get the kids excited, my age range is pre-school/pre-k) at church. I have a cat and 14 fish (4 goldfish, 7 female bettas, 3 male bettas, and two mystery snails) and am a childcare worker. I am 26 years old, single, and have been working to re-assess my friendships and try to surround myself with other Christians in places I frequent. I've been away from gaia since 2013 because of life and a lack of laptop but now that I'm back, I'm seeing if it's worth being back. I've lost a lot of real life and internet friends over time simply because of growing up and moving on and out, but it's gotten a little lonely. (Not that I'm LONELY, however on my down time I do not have friends to fellowship with. I live very far away, I can't just hop in the car and join up with others easily.)

Welcome to the guild! I hope you'll like it here. I can relate to not having friends. I lost many of my friends becoming a Christian because there was little to talk about anymore, and some of the were engaged in pagan practices I could not be silent about. It doesn't make you popular. I hope you find good friends here in the guild.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

kattneko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:12 am
Hello all! I'm Kattneko! You can call me that, Katt, or Kate. I answer to any of the above. smile I am 27 years old.

1. I have 2 dogs, a pomeranian named Bailey and an English bullmastiff named Duchess (a service dog). I also have 4 cats: Noh, Miss Daisy, Fluffbutt, and Him. yes, that's his name.
2. My favourite verse(s) right now: Proverbs 31:10-31. Look it up! It's a great read!
3. My favourite book is Tobit, however, since some don't recognize the validity of it, my second fave is Song of Solomon (or song of songs depening on your translation) tied with Proverbs.
4. I was raised as a charismatic nondenomination Protestant. I am still charismatic but am now a Melkite Byzantine Catholic. Look it up too! It's so cool! 2000 years of tradition continuing on.
5. I live in the USA.
6. tough choice. earth tones.
7. I am a wife as well as I work full time at a deli/bakery. Management here I come!

Yup, that's me, in a rather large nutshell.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:40 am
kattneko
Hello all! I'm Kattneko! You can call me that, Katt, or Kate. I answer to any of the above. smile I am 27 years old.

1. I have 2 dogs, a pomeranian named Bailey and an English bullmastiff named Duchess (a service dog). I also have 4 cats: Noh, Miss Daisy, Fluffbutt, and Him. yes, that's his name.
2. My favourite verse(s) right now: Proverbs 31:10-31. Look it up! It's a great read!
3. My favourite book is Tobit, however, since some don't recognize the validity of it, my second fave is Song of Solomon (or song of songs depening on your translation) tied with Proverbs.
4. I was raised as a charismatic nondenomination Protestant. I am still charismatic but am now a Melkite Byzantine Catholic. Look it up too! It's so cool! 2000 years of tradition continuing on.
5. I live in the USA.
7. I am a wife as well as I work full time at a deli/bakery. Management here I come!

Greetings Katt! smile Welcome to the guild, and thank you for joining us! Awesome job you have! I love bakery goods!

How did you end up a Melkite Byzantine Catholic? I am just curious because I like to know a little about everything. razz What is the difference between a Byzantine Catholic and a Roman Catholic?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

kattneko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:20 am
Garland-Green
kattneko

5. I live in the USA.

Greetings Katt! smile Welcome to the guild, and thank you for joining us! Awesome job you have! I love bakery goods!

How did you end up a Melkite Byzantine Catholic? I am just curious because I like to know a little about everything. razz What is the difference between a Byzantine Catholic and a Roman Catholic?

I was looking for something more Orthodox. I was actually persuing being ordained but the deeper I dug into the church I was part of and into the history, the more uncomfortable I felt with it. In almost every church I had every attended (and I moved a lot for there were quite a few) there was stuff going on that was very unbiblical. After a LOT of prayer and a bit more study my then boyfriend (now husband) took me to a Melkite church (it was our first date :3 ). He was already Byzantine, though Ruthenian, not Melkite. After 3 more years of attending, studying, praying and counseling, I decided that it was time to join the Byzantine Catholic Church because, not matter how much I researched or prayed, I could not find fault with the teachings being presented to me. I was raised in a very anti-Catholic household. My mother was ordained. I knew all the rhetoric, all the "sources", but when I sat down to actually analyze them, they fell apart (jack chick publications are an obvious example). My mother cried, my father (an ex-Catholic who still hold to his confirmation name and some traditions) was happy for me, and my siblings were confused. I lost my entire community at college, I was shunned, save two Catholic Professors who stood by me. I would still do it all over again. The only thing I would change is I would have tried to bring more of my community with me.
The Byzantine church is the church that most are actually referring to when they say "acts church" or the "early church". We are the church out of Antioch, which was home to the first Christian church outside of Israel. Our traditions actually stem further back than Christ. Many are still from the ancient Jewish temples. Not because they couldn't let that life go, but simply because most of the converts in that area were Jewish and the apostles were Jewish. And the Jewish mamas probably did the decorating (It's a joke. you may not get it until you see it.) We are now the equivalent of the Orthodox Church in communion with Rome. The Churches in Israel, Antioch, Eastern Europe, far Northern Europe, Asia and some of Ireland are all considered Byzantine, not Latin. It's a difference in traditions, history, and where we come from as a community it's also a difference on a couple of theological things. Not that we find fault with one another, we just do things a bit differently. Honestly, it's hard to explain unless you've been to one. It would be like me trying to explain to my priest what it was like growing up in a charismatic, non-denominational, protestant church raised by an ordained Presbyterian and a lapsed Catholic.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:45 pm
Hey guys, for privacy reasons I'm not going to reveal my name, but we'll just settle on Eden mrgreen
1. Currently no pets, as they require responsibility. I would consider getting a turtle, though. Or any low-maintenance reptile.
2. "I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless - like chasing the wind." (Ecclesiastes 1:14)
3. Ecclesiastes, for Solomon's wise existentialism.
4. Post-denominational trinitarian spiritualist, which is basically an individualistic Christ-follower (sheesh, these labels are like genders)
5. Canada, land of poutine and beavers.
6. ALL OF THEM.
7. Broke student, haha I hope med school is worth it...  

deadGO

Benevolent Hunter

7,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Her Royal Bossness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:35 am
Hi guys my name is Ashley, I'm 25 years old, married with a 1.5 year old daughter and a stepson, I was raised in church but really jump started my faith when my husband left after a second time,the first I prayed and fasted and everything I could and he returned then we fell out of God's word, doing it right this time and not stopping, right now I'm standing for him (praying in God's word and timing for him to be renewed in Christ and return to his family and I), God shows me signs all the time to stand for him and scriptures, I believe He's using it as a testimony not a curse, I go to Him with most everything now and it's changed my life. I've learned forgiveness and love beyond reason, faith without sight, I pray more, I stopped drinking totally and have purged my life from some people that were not good for me or us, I'm learning to be a better wife, mom and friend and overall Christian. I go to church regularly and cant wait to be there each week.

1. I have fish, Hoover and Eureka are sucker fish, Snowy is a white goldfish, Tigger is a tiger stripe, Dyson and Oreck are catfish.
2. Too many to list, so I'll go with:
Ezekiel 37:3-6 (NIV)

3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!0
5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.
6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

3. Multiple but right now I'm really liking Hebrews and Matthew.
4. Non denominational Christian.
I believe in God, I believe in Jesus and that he is the son of God and he came to die for us, and that we go through him in prayer to the Father, I believe that there is a Holy Spirit that God fills us with as his scripture says, that being said I don't look at is as a third person or trinity I look at it as God's spirit and that he uses it to speak to us, In 1 Corinthians 3:16, we see that the Holy Spirit lives inside us: “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”
5. America
6. Green
7. Part time I recruit people for Liberty National (Life Insurance) and the other I work at (Trying to buy) a horse stables.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:16 am
Eden_Edicius
Hey guys, for privacy reasons I'm not going to reveal my name, but we'll just settle on Eden mrgreen
1. Currently no pets, as they require responsibility. I would consider getting a turtle, though. Or any low-maintenance reptile.
2. "I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless - like chasing the wind." (Ecclesiastes 1:14)
3. Ecclesiastes, for Solomon's wise existentialism.
4. Post-denominational trinitarian spiritualist, which is basically an individualistic Christ-follower (sheesh, these labels are like genders)
5. Canada, land of poutine and beavers.
6. ALL OF THEM.
7. Broke student, haha I hope med school is worth it...

Welcome to the guild! I agree, current day gender labels as getting pretty ridiculous. In what way do you consider yourself individualistic?
I had two turtles as pets once. They require more care than you'd think. UV lights, vitamin supplements etc. Easiest pet to get is a cat in my opinion.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas