Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:21 am
Her Royal Bossness
Hi guys my name is Ashley, I'm 25 years old, married with a 1.5 year old daughter and a stepson, I was raised in church but really jump started my faith when my husband left after a second time,the first I prayed and fasted and everything I could and he returned then we fell out of God's word, doing it right this time and not stopping, right now I'm standing for him (praying in God's word and timing for him to be renewed in Christ and return to his family and I), God shows me signs all the time to stand for him and scriptures, I believe He's using it as a testimony not a curse, I go to Him with most everything now and it's changed my life. I've learned forgiveness and love beyond reason, faith without sight, I pray more, I stopped drinking totally and have purged my life from some people that were not good for me or us, I'm learning to be a better wife, mom and friend and overall Christian. I go to church regularly and cant wait to be there each week.

1. I have fish, Hoover and Eureka are sucker fish, Snowy is a white goldfish, Tigger is a tiger stripe, Dyson and Oreck are catfish.
2. Too many to list, so I'll go with:
Ezekiel 37:3-6 (NIV)

3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!0
5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.
6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

3. Multiple but right now I'm really liking Hebrews and Matthew.
4. Non denominational Christian.
I believe in God, I believe in Jesus and that he is the son of God and he came to die for us, and that we go through him in prayer to the Father, I believe that there is a Holy Spirit that God fills us with as his scripture says, that being said I don't look at is as a third person or trinity I look at it as God's spirit and that he uses it to speak to us, In 1 Corinthians 3:16, we see that the Holy Spirit lives inside us: “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”
5. America
6. Green
7. Part time I recruit people for Liberty National (Life Insurance) and the other I work at (Trying to buy) a horse stables.

Awesome testimony! Welcome to the guild. Always great to see someone be dedicated to God.

“Holiness is the habit of being of one mind with God, according as we find His mind described in Scripture. It is the habit of agreeing in God’s judgment, hating what He hates, loving what He loves, and measuring everything in this world by the standard of His Word. ” ~ J.C. Ryle  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:27 pm
Garland-Green
Eden_Edicius
Hey guys, for privacy reasons I'm not going to reveal my name, but we'll just settle on Eden mrgreen
1. Currently no pets, as they require responsibility. I would consider getting a turtle, though. Or any low-maintenance reptile.
2. "I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless - like chasing the wind." (Ecclesiastes 1:14)
3. Ecclesiastes, for Solomon's wise existentialism.
4. Post-denominational trinitarian spiritualist, which is basically an individualistic Christ-follower (sheesh, these labels are like genders)
5. Canada, land of poutine and beavers.
6. ALL OF THEM.
7. Broke student, haha I hope med school is worth it...

Welcome to the guild! I agree, current day gender labels as getting pretty ridiculous. In what way do you consider yourself individualistic?
I had two turtles as pets once. They require more care than you'd think. UV lights, vitamin supplements etc. Easiest pet to get is a cat in my opinion.

Probably not for a hectic university student, eh? Too bad - turtles are adorable! I'm more of a dog person, but those are undoubtedly THE MOST high-maintenance pets xd

Maybe 'libertarian' would have been a better word, since everyone is 'individualistic' in some way. I meant it in the sense that I do not give priority to social and traditional norms, and that I believe everyone should be able to express their personal identity (unless it results in demonstrable harm to others). I do not follow any specific denomination, for I believe that their exclusiveness and hierarchical structure does more harm than good, and is a direct contrast to Christ's egalitarian message of radical inclusiveness. I also find it repulsive to associate myself with organizations that protect sex-offenders and misuse donation funds. Of course, that does not apply to all churches - a few corrupt ones have tainted the reputation of all. However, I have yet to find a church that is humble enough to not patronize everyone who disagrees with them. "You either agree with us or you're going to hell" sounds more like a cult (utilizing scare-tactics) than the Gospel.  

deadGO

Benevolent Hunter

7,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

1nstrumental

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:26 am
ALOHA,
My lovely bruddas and sistas.

Life has been so wonderful since i have found the Lord.
Rejoicing with my fellow christ followers is one of my favorite things to do.
so i am excited to get to know some of you.

i have so many verses,i don't even know which i would choose.
however, i have been studying Hebrews these past few days, and Hebrews 11 definitely speaks volumes right now.

God bless every one of ya.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" - Joshua

"Signs of the Times are all around,
are you aware my Brutha what's goin' down?
Corruption, Destruction lies about.
Soon you will hear the trumpet, sound...oooooohhhhhh

He will return one day,
riding on a cloud,
shining like the sun,
with angels all around,
jesus the only way,
every knee shall bow,
every tongue confess,
even the rocks cry ouuuuttt,
to you." -maka  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:43 pm
f*****t Cake
ALOHA,

however, i have been studying Hebrews these past few days, and Hebrews 11 definitely speaks volumes right now.

He will return one day,
riding on a cloud,
shining like the sun,
with angels all around,
jesus the only way,
every knee shall bow,
every tongue confess,
to you." -maka

That is really awesome! God bless you too, and welcome to the guild!
How were you saved? smile It is always awesome to hear testimonies that is why I am asking.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

1nstrumental

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:48 pm
Garland-Green
f*****t Cake
ALOHA,

He will return one day,
riding on a cloud,
shining like the sun,
with angels all around,
jesus the only way,
every knee shall bow,
every tongue confess,
to you." -maka

That is really awesome! God bless you too, and welcome to the guild!
How were you saved? smile It is always awesome to hear testimonies that is why I am asking.

Thank you so much. I do have to say I really admire what you are doing on this site. And that you don't back down. And yet say all this in respect. Gentle as a dove. 👍

Oh yes indeed, i totally agree! It's makes me exceedingly happy talking and hearing any stories about our God working in others lives.

There was all all lot of stuff going on in my life at the time, and I was about to leave everything I was used to and people I loved, and family, and girlfriend. To move to Hawai'i with my best friend. And my life was in shambles, and not going anywhere. I knew my relationship wasn't gonna last much longer but I wanted to hold on.. but i kept feeling like I needed to go.
And one day I was just so distraught about what was happening and I was driving to one of my jobs, just to think. I took a back road i hadn't really taken before. and I was talking out loud asking someone, who ever was there just wanting an answer. Is this the right choice? what about my brother, and my mom. And just practically in tears. And as soon as the last word left my mouth and I took a breath, i look out and into the distance there were two of those 18 wheeler beds parked next to each oth3r, and one of them had the words "JUST BELIEVE" on it. And i was never one to believe in coincidences.

He ended up giving me two more signs before I left the mainland to head to hawaii. The next two were just as amazing. Let's just say that.

When I finally did move into my new family. My best friends mother,( by the way my best friends name is jacob haha should have known.) Linked all of my unanswered questions with biblical and history. It took my conspiracy theories and made them a reality.

It finally made sense. Been a year of bible study so far. It's my favorite book.
I cannot go a day with out thanking the Lord for all he provides,
and I can honestly say I love him more than anyone else. What a blessing to know the Lord. It's true happiness.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:08 am
Oh my, I didn't notice there was an intro thread!

-Bows- Good afternoon, good people. My name is Vivian! You may call me by my name, Viv, or Tsanua, whichever you prefer. Lets see, the topics...

1. So I have seven cats. (No I'm not purposefully a cat lady) and their names are, from oldest to youngest, General Baine, Pecan, Air Marshal Jim (Jimmy), Tiny Tim (Timmy), S.O. Unit Jinx, Socks, and Boots.

2. I do not have a favorite verse yet, unfortunately. But a lot of verses that I find to be pretty or inspiring come from both Song of Songs and the book of John.

3. My favorite books so far I would have to say are...Ezekiel and Revelation.

4. I simply call myself a Christian

5. My country is the United States of Americaaaaa

6. My favorite color is Cerulean Blue!

7. As an actual occupation, from late last year to early this year I worked at a dry cleaning shop ironing shirts. Unfortunately health problems that arose forced me to quit. However for around 8 or 9 years I've been a Freelance Artist (Mostly digital but I do traditional art as well.) And for a year or so in the past I've worked for a small decal business making artwork for shirts and refining decal artwork.
Right now the only way I can make income is by art commissions.

As an extra tidbit, I go to New Way Church! Not trying to advertise or anything but my church also does live webcasts and archives the videos online. If anyone is curious about the word that's being spoken down here in Florida, let me know and I can post a link ^^ Not only is it good preaching, its also a little entertaining because Pastor gets real enthusiastic and sometimes a little silly, hehe smile  

XenithFreelancer

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:18 pm
Frogsnack
I'm Frogsnack! That's my original account from when I first joined in 2006. 3nodding I've been on a few hiatuses and I left Gaia from 2010 until now with a small event visit in between.

I was first saved when I was three years old, my sister prayer the Lord's prayer with me. I came to truly accept Christ in my life when I was around 11-12 years old, as God saw me through my darkest year.

Since then I've been incredibly blessed! Life is never perfect, and not easy and sin is everywhere, but he's truly given me the grace to pass through many trials. There is a confidence in God that other people truly notice in us, we answer to our Holy Father more than man and that speaks volumes.

I had a shock a few years ago when friends from work told me they didn't know I was a Christian, and I realized that I need to share my witness consciously: when God did something good in my life I began to share it. Suddenly the confidence I had made more sense, and I was able to tell people why I was able to be more bold- my heavenly father was backing me up! heart

Oh right- and 'Frogsnack" because they are so cute you could eat them, but you shouldn't- some are poisonous! (Basically it's a tiny cute creature that demands respect and I love that)

2 Timothy 1:7King James Version (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. ((I pray this nearly daily))

Hello, and thank you for joining us! I hope you like the guild so far. You have been with Gaia almost since the beginning. That is an accomplishment.

Amazing how God can use those around us to be more vocal about what we believe even though they themselves may not believe.

It is always surprising to me when someone is saved that young for some reason. I think there are challenges to both being saved later and earlier in life. Lot of pressure on younger people in our society today to act a certain way and do certain things. More so I think than when I was young.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:24 pm
Tsanua
Oh my, I didn't notice there was an intro thread!

-Bows- Good afternoon, good people. My name is Vivian! You may call me by my name, Viv, or Tsanua, whichever you prefer. Lets see, the topics...

1. So I have seven cats. (No I'm not purposefully a cat lady) and their names are, from oldest to youngest, General Baine, Pecan, Air Marshal Jim (Jimmy), Tiny Tim (Timmy), S.O. Unit Jinx, Socks, and Boots.

2. I do not have a favorite verse yet, unfortunately. But a lot of verses that I find to be pretty or inspiring come from both Song of Songs and the book of John.

3. My favorite books so far I would have to say are...Ezekiel and Revelation.

4. I simply call myself a Christian

5. My country is the United States of Americaaaaa

6. My favorite color is Cerulean Blue!

7. As an actual occupation, from late last year to early this year I worked at a dry cleaning shop ironing shirts. Unfortunately health problems that arose forced me to quit. However for around 8 or 9 years I've been a Freelance Artist (Mostly digital but I do traditional art as well.) And for a year or so in the past I've worked for a small decal business making artwork for shirts and refining decal artwork.
Right now the only way I can make income is by art commissions.

As an extra tidbit, I go to New Way Church! Not trying to advertise or anything but my church also does live webcasts and archives the videos online. If anyone is curious about the word that's being spoken down here in Florida, let me know and I can post a link ^^ Not only is it good preaching, its also a little entertaining because Pastor gets real enthusiastic and sometimes a little silly, hehe smile

Sorry for the late reply. Welcome to the guild Vivian! Thank you for joining us.

I am mighty impressed by your art! Just wanted to say that. smile

Revelation is one of my favorite books too. Have you tried reading Daniel and Revelation together?

What kind of church is New Way Church? Is it a particular denomination?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:23 pm
Garland-Green

It is always surprising to me when someone is saved that young for some reason. I think there are challenges to both being saved later and earlier in life. Lot of pressure on younger people in our society today to act a certain way and do certain things. More so I think than when I was young.
I think God pursues everyone equally, but I count myself fortunate. I think there is an equal draw to the world and to want to fit in no matter what though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:42 am
Garland-Green

Thank you very much, ehehe ^_^
New Way is non-denominational, a Christian Bible church smile

And no I haven't but now I will! I haven't read Daniel yet so when I start I'll keep this in mind, thanks for the suggestion biggrin  

XenithFreelancer

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:02 pm
1. Name your pets: I do not have any.
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Genesis both 1 and 2.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible : Genesis both 1 and 2
4. Your denomination/beliefs : God is our creator, Christian
5. The name of your country USA
6. Your favorite color Pink
7. Your occupation : I do not want to say.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:14 am
yummycupcakessparkles
1. Name your pets: I do not have any.
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Genesis both 1 and 2.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible : Genesis both 1 and 2
4. Your denomination/beliefs : God is our creator, Christian
5. The name of your country USA
6. Your favorite color Pink
7. Your occupation : I do not want to say.

Welcome to the guild! Thank you for joining us. ^_^

Why is Genesis 1 and 2 your favorite books in the Bible?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

youll-never-know-my-name

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:04 am
1. Columbus
2. Timothy 5:8
3. John
4. Traditionalist Catholic
5. United States
6. Don't have one
7. Landscaping and painting. Handiwork.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:14 pm
I joined awhile back but then stopped getting on gaia for awhile. I am unsure if I introduced myself sweatdrop , so here I am! biggrin

You may call me Butterfly mrgreen

1. Name your pets- Thor, my chihuahua

2. List your favorite Bible verse- Do I have to pick just one lol tbh I love most of the NT, I say most because I have just recently started reading whole books instead of a random verse here and there. I also love psalms, I have started reading all the psalms I am up to 68 so far.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible - Like I stated in the previous question I love a great portion of the NT. I have yet to read whole books of the OT, but just give me time mrgreen

4. Your denomination/beliefs- I am a southern Baptist Cristian, I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I believe he died on the Cross for my sins and defeated death when he arose 3 days later. I believe the only way to heavan is through faith in Jesus Christ.

5. The name of your country- USA

6. Your favorite color - I have many favorite colors tbh, I love dark reds, brown, pink, orange, grey, black, green and sometimes a light to medium shade of those colors.

7. Your occupation- I am working towards becoming a Faith based Counselur and Novelist.  

ButterFlyCross89

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:53 am
youll-never-know-my-name
1. Columbus
2. Timothy 5:8
3. John
4. Traditionalist Catholic
5. United States
6. Don't have one
7. Landscaping and painting. Handiwork.