Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:55 am
ButterFlyCross89
I joined awhile back but then stopped getting on gaia for awhile. I am unsure if I introduced myself sweatdrop , so here I am! biggrin

You may call me Butterfly mrgreen

1. Name your pets- Thor, my chihuahua

2. List your favorite Bible verse- Do I have to pick just one lol tbh I love most of the NT, I say most because I have just recently started reading whole books instead of a random verse here and there. I also love psalms, I have started reading all the psalms I am up to 68 so far.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible - Like I stated in the previous question I love a great portion of the NT. I have yet to read whole books of the OT, but just give me time mrgreen

4. Your denomination/beliefs- I am a southern Baptist Cristian, I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I believe he died on the Cross for my sins and defeated death when he arose 3 days later. I believe the only way to heavan is through faith in Jesus Christ.

5. The name of your country- USA

6. Your favorite color - I have many favorite colors tbh, I love dark reds, brown, pink, orange, grey, black, green and sometimes a light to medium shade of those colors.

7. Your occupation- I am working towards becoming a Faith based Counselur and Novelist.

Better late than never. smile Welcome to the guild. I hope you will like it here. What kind of work does a Faith based Counselor do?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Garland-Green
ButterFlyCross89
I joined awhile back but then stopped getting on gaia for awhile. I am unsure if I introduced myself sweatdrop , so here I am! biggrin

You may call me Butterfly mrgreen

1. Name your pets- Thor, my chihuahua

2. List your favorite Bible verse- Do I have to pick just one lol tbh I love most of the NT, I say most because I have just recently started reading whole books instead of a random verse here and there. I also love psalms, I have started reading all the psalms I am up to 68 so far.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible - Like I stated in the previous question I love a great portion of the NT. I have yet to read whole books of the OT, but just give me time mrgreen

4. Your denomination/beliefs- I am a southern Baptist Cristian, I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I believe he died on the Cross for my sins and defeated death when he arose 3 days later. I believe the only way to heavan is through faith in Jesus Christ.

5. The name of your country- USA

6. Your favorite color - I have many favorite colors tbh, I love dark reds, brown, pink, orange, gray, black, green and sometimes a light to medium shade of those colors.

7. Your occupation- I am working towards becoming a Faith based Counselor and Novelist.

Better late than never. smile Welcome to the guild. I hope you will like it here. What kind of work does a Faith based Counselor do?

Thank you and I am sure I will like it here. Here is something that can give you a good idea of what i want to do!

Christian Counselor  

ButterFlyCross89

Rain Sears

Greedy Combatant

3,825 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:30 am
Hello and thank you so much for letting me join!

You can call me Nova.

I have a couple of pets. I have a dog named Roxanna. I call her Roxy for short. I have a bunch of tropical fish, and a dozen chickens. Only two have names. Snow, and a rooster named Leroy.

My favorite Bible verse has to be Psalm 18 verses 1-3. I actually love the whole book of Psalms.

My denomination- At this point in time I do not have one. Growing up my father was/is Southern Baptist and my mother converted from a Baptist to a Jehovah's Witness. So I got very conflicting ideas growing up. It made me shy away from faith all together. But I realize now that I need the Word of God in my life.

I live in the United States.

My favorite colors are purple, white, and blue.

I am a former chef. Now i'm a housewife.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:39 pm
Hi! I was invited to join a few days ago and I just got around to combing through smile

My name is Brianna. I have a six month old son named Benji, and I am 21. I have a blind tuxedo cat named Stan Lee. My favorite bible verse is Matthew 7:7. Matthew is the only book of the bible I've actively read but I am working on studying it more. I grew up in a baptist home, then around 2009 we started going to methodist churches. I have yet to find a denomination that I feel really fits with my personal beliefs.
Recently, I've gone through some very traumatic experiences with an abusive ex. I'm still recovering. But, through all of that, God brought me my son and brought me back to my family, who then brought me back to church.
This past week I've started to actively and study the bible and we found a church we plan on attending regularly. I'm a substitute teacher for the school districts in my area. I would love pointers for studying the bible. Thank you so much for inviting me!! God bless x  

Faelayne23

Bexkoro

Devoted Wife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:54 pm
Hello! My name is Brooke!
1. Name your pets - I have a cat named Lady Gaga and a Chorkie named Zoey. My parents have a half Australian Shepherd half Pointer named CJ.
2. List your favorite Bible verse - Hebrews 6:10 (God just giving me a life to live is the most amazing gift, but I'm glad this was added to let us know that we are appreciated. heart )
3. List your favorite book of the Bible - Exodus (Because Moses is "da bomb.")
4. Your denomination/beliefs - Church of Christ
5. The name of your country - United States of 'Murica!
6. Your favorite color - Salmon (Pink/Red)
7. Your occupation - I am a full time student at a Christian University.

Thank you so much for inviting me to this guild! I'm glad to see some positivity around Gaia!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:24 am
NovaSears
Hello and thank you so much for letting me join!

You can call me Nova.

I have a couple of pets. I have a dog named Roxanna. I call her Roxy for short. I have a bunch of tropical fish, and a dozen chickens. Only two have names. Snow, and a rooster named Leroy.

My favorite Bible verse has to be Psalm 18 verses 1-3. I actually love the whole book of Psalms.

My denomination- At this point in time I do not have one. Growing up my father was/is Southern Baptist and my mother converted from a Baptist to a Jehovah's Witness. So I got very conflicting ideas growing up. It made me shy away from faith all together. But I realize now that I need the Word of God in my life.

I live in the United States.

My favorite colors are purple, white, and blue.

I am a former chef. Now i'm a housewife.

Hello, welcome to the guild! Nice that you decided you need the Word of God in your life! How is your brother doing now?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:27 am
Faelayne23
Hi! I was invited to join a few days ago and I just got around to combing through smile

My name is Brianna. I have a six month old son named Benji, and I am 21. I have a blind tuxedo cat named Stan Lee. My favorite bible verse is Matthew 7:7. Matthew is the only book of the bible I've actively read but I am working on studying it more. I grew up in a baptist home, then around 2009 we started going to methodist churches. I have yet to find a denomination that I feel really fits with my personal beliefs.
Recently, I've gone through some very traumatic experiences with an abusive ex. I'm still recovering. But, through all of that, God brought me my son and brought me back to my family, who then brought me back to church.
This past week I've started to actively and study the bible and we found a church we plan on attending regularly. I'm a substitute teacher for the school districts in my area. I would love pointers for studying the bible. Thank you so much for inviting me!! God bless x

Hello, thank you for accepting the invitation! Finding a denomination that "fits" can be tricky. Personally I think we should look more to how they handle the Word, than how they fit us. It could be that this is more beneficial to us, than finding one that doesn't challenge us. Are you still going to the Methodist church?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:30 am
Brookayyy
Hello! My name is Brooke!
1. Name your pets - I have a cat named Lady Gaga and a Chorkie named Zoey. My parents have a half Australian Shepherd half Pointer named CJ.
2. List your favorite Bible verse - Hebrews 6:10 (God just giving me a life to live is the most amazing gift, but I'm glad this was added to let us know that we are appreciated. heart )
3. List your favorite book of the Bible - Exodus (Because Moses is "da bomb.")
4. Your denomination/beliefs - Church of Christ
5. The name of your country - United States of 'Murica!
6. Your favorite color - Salmon (Pink/Red)
7. Your occupation - I am a full time student at a Christian University.

Thank you so much for inviting me to this guild! I'm glad to see some positivity around Gaia!

Hello Brook! Thank you for accepting the invitation! How is it going to a Christian college? How are the teachers? I have heard that most Christian colleges compromise the truth on some level. What is your experience?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Faelayne23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:51 am
Garland-Green
Faelayne23

Hello, thank you for accepting the invitation! Finding a denomination that "fits" can be tricky. Personally I think we should look more to how they handle the Word, than how they fit us. It could be that this is more beneficial to us, than finding one that doesn't challenge us. Are you still going to the Methodist church?

No, I'm not. We don't live in the city that church is in anymore. The church we go to is interdenominational. I love it!:  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:58 pm
Heya! Thanks for letting me in.

I'm Saikii. I'm 29. I was a pastor's kid up until a few years ago when my family left the pastorate. It was very difficult for us. There were people in charge who weren't very nice to us. It took me a few years to forgive those people, but I found that when I did, I felt free.

My family has three cats and two dogs. One of the cats is mine: a yellow tabby named Raja. He's the whiniest thing ever, but I love him. The other cats are Squeaks, a bit of a feisty red and white tabby and Raven, a mischievous black cat who likes getting in the way of the tv, but has an adorable meow.

My favorite Bible verse: Philippians 4:8, although I am partial to the sweeter Psalms. Psalm 91 is also a good one that brings comfort.

My favorite book is definitely Psalms.

My denomination is Nazarene.

I live in the US, but I'd like to spend time in other countries.

My favorite color: One I can actually see and tell is a color, bold, also purple, as long as it's a bold purple.

I have no current occupation. Getting a job has been hard where I live.

Currently, I'm still looking for a church, though my family goes Baptist.  

Saikii

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:20 am
Saikii

I'm Saikii. I'm 29. I was a pastor's kid up until a few years ago when my family left the pastorate. It was very difficult for us. There were people in charge who weren't very nice to us. It took me a few years to forgive those people, but I found that when I did, I felt free.

My family has three cats and two dogs. One of the cats is mine: a yellow tabby named Raja. He's the whiniest thing ever, but I love him. The other cats are Squeaks, a bit of a feisty red and white tabby and Raven, a mischievous black cat who likes getting in the way of the tv, but has an adorable meow.

My favorite Bible verse: Philippians 4:8, although I am partial to the sweeter Psalms. Psalm 91 is also a good one that brings comfort.

My favorite color: One I can actually see and tell is a color, bold, also purple, as long as it's a bold purple.

Welcome to the guild! Happy that you decided to join us.

I have no current occupation either. I work a little here and a little there. Tough times finding steady work. Currently I am working at a refuge center.

What makes the Nazarene a denomination of its own?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:56 pm
Hey guys! You can call me Kurt.
That's pretty much it.

If you want to know more about me, then get to know me friends! xD  

Saint of Prayers

Unsealed Sex Symbol

10,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100

Saikii

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:53 am
Garland-Green
Saikii

Welcome to the guild! Happy that you decided to join us.

I have no current occupation either. I work a little here and a little there. Tough times finding steady work. Currently I am working at a refuge center.

What makes the Nazarene a denomination of its own?

Thanks for the welcome!

This would explain the denomination thing better than I could: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Nazarene

as I am not an expert on history. ^w^

The Church of the Nazarene is based around Jesus the Nazarene. That's what he was called by his enemies and followers, so it is Jesus of Nazareth we go to seeking salvation. The name is representative of what he went through for our sakes.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:51 pm
1. Name your pets.
I have a black and white cat named Zelda.
2. List your favorite Bible verse.
I don't exactly have a favorite because I love many but I love "I can do all this through christ that strengthens me".
3.List your favorite book of the Bible.
I love the 4 gospels of the bible, 1 Corinthians, and Revelations.
4. Your denomination/beliefs .
I ama southern Baptist. I believe in the holy Trinity and Baptistism
5. The name of your country.
United States of america.
6. Your favorite color.
Black
7. Your occupation .
Cosmetologist in the making but currently un employed.  

Helena Lilith

Versatile Galaxy

15,300 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Marathon 300

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:44 am
kuuuurt
Hey guys! You can call me Kurt.
That's pretty much it.