Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

jfujii

Hygienic Millionaire

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 am
Garland-Green
jfujii
Ok.... so let's get started....
My first name is Jonathan.... but my friends call me by my last name: Fujii
1. Name your pets: Way too many to name... 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, a cat, 6 birds, 25 fish,
2. List your favorite Bible verse: John 3:16 (For now, still haven't decided)
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Revelation (Always fascinates me)
4. Your age: 14 (Sometimes I fell more like 40.... Some people mistake me for a middle-aged man because of all the white hairs I have sweatdrop )
5. Your denomination/beliefs: Non-Denominational, but either way 100% Christian
6. The name of your country: United States of America, Hawaii
7. Your favorite color: Black/White
8. Your occupation: Formerly a student debating with evolutionist university professors online (They always throw out those weird paradox questions). Currently a student writing stories, singing, managing an online shop, and getting $2 for soda everyday

Hello and welcome Jonathan. I hear you with the hair! I myself started going bald at twenty. Now I shave my head. No point in having hair just on the sides!

Coincidentally Revelation is also my favorite book. It has a lot of hope in it. Though it has terrifying images at times it shows us the end, and a new beginning.

What kind of questions do they throw out?

Some of their questions are on the line of...
"If God is almighty, can He make a rock too big for Him to lift up?"
"How do you know if God exists if you've never seen Him?"
or....
"If God is real, why are there people dying in Africa?"
However, whenever I answer them, they always either, say my answer isn't "good enough", asked another question, or simply cut off contact.
All I can do after that is pray for them. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 am
jfujii
Garland-Green
jfujii
1. Name your pets: Way too many to name... 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, a cat, 6 birds, 25 fish,
4. Your age: 14 (Sometimes I fell more like 40.... Some people mistake me for a middle-aged man because of all the white hairs I have sweatdrop )
8. Your occupation: Formerly a student debating with evolutionist university professors online (They always throw out those weird paradox questions). Currently a student writing stories, singing, managing an online shop, and getting $2 for soda everyday

Hello and welcome Jonathan. I hear you with the hair! I myself started going bald at twenty. Now I shave my head. No point in having hair just on the sides!

Coincidentally Revelation is also my favorite book. It has a lot of hope in it. Though it has terrifying images at times it shows us the end, and a new beginning.

or....
However, whenever I answer them, they always either, say my answer isn't "good enough", asked another question, or simply cut off contact.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” You are right though. Prayer is a very effective tool. It maybe be the most effective tool you have as a Christian. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 pm
jfujii
Garland-Green
jfujii

or....

I hear you about people that ask those types of questions...it's just hard to explain things to them because they want to counteract your beliefs - not agree with them. I got questions like, "If we have free will then how does God control someone's life? That's contradictory." or, "If God has a plan for my life then he must've planned on making me an atheist because that's what I am now, right?" and, "What proof is there that God exists?" and, "If God is all-seeing and all-knowing then doesn't that rob us of free will?" -sigh- It's difficult and we can't make someone who refuses to see God's will in their lives see it. No matter what you say to some of those people, your answer will never be good enough and they are only looking for something to use against you. I agree with what all we can truly do is pray for them 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 am
Hello all. Thanks for the invite.

My name is Enjolras, but most people call me Enj, and you can, too.

I'm 30 years old, gay, married, and am a violin teacher and freelance musician for hire.

I was raised Catholic, and while the Church will always remain very near and dear to my heart, I really felt that God had a different spiritual path picked out for me, so I'm no longer a practising Catholic. I'd describe myself as a spiritual Christian these days, I guess. I rarely go to church, but maintain a private, personal relationship with our Lord.

I don't really have a favoruite Bible verse or book. It depends on the day, the weather, the phases of the moon, etc. Haha, I'm mostly joking. Different parts of the Word will speak to me differently on different days or at different points in my life, so I can't really pick favourites.

We have two cats. My partner's cat is Hermes and mine is Coda.

I think that's all for now. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better! God bless!  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:53 pm
Hello all! I'm excited to be here! Thank you for the invite!

Now, about me:

1. Name your pets: I have one kitty, Snicker Doodle
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Oh goodness me, I'm not sure. I think it is John 3:16. (Creative, right?) I just like it mainly because it explains the reason for me. I live by the fact that I am forgiven.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Erm... That's a toughie. Probably Revelation because it tells me all I have to look forward to.
4. Your age: I'm not gonna tell you exactly, but I will say that I will graduate high-school in 2013.
5. Your denomination/beliefs: Lutheran Christian. I am very traditional in church. No dancing, calm singing, not even lifting my hands up. I stick to the Bible as best I can. That sort of stuff.
6. The name of your country: GOD BLESS AMERICA! YEE-HAW! (I love my country!)
7. Your favorite color: BLUE!!!!
8. Your occupation: Student, currently, but I hope to one day become a marine mammologist.

I am an optimistic, nerdy, loving, lovable, girl who likes to read, write, play computer games, surf, ski, swim, shop, draw, hang out with friends, dance, and act. I have an addiction to the ocean and chocolate. I'm obsessed with the color blue. I dislike the cold, and much prefer warmth. I go to church almost every Sunday, and I'm trying to read through my Bible. I love wearing fancy clothes. And I wish that someone would ask me to prom...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:14 pm
Welcome to all new members! biggrin  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

allooutrick

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm
Hello I'm a Christian named Christian. I believe the bible is completely inspired by god. I love music, primarily Christian metal, love video games, love god more than those though. I live in California and I'm ok with allooutrick, alloou, or trick because it's what I'm used to seeing when I look or posts directed to me smile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:06 pm
Hi everyone! I just joined the guild & wanted to introduce myself. Most people call me Ang or Angel.

1. Name your pets
I have 2 cats. My american shorthair is a male named Mint. I also own a Scottish Fold named Krickett (by her previous owners). We acquired her last year.

2. List your favorite Bible verse
Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Ezekiel

4. Your age

5. Your denomination/beliefs
Southern Baptist

6. The name of your country
I'm from the US, currently stationed in Japan with my hubby.

7. Your favorite color
I tend to favor blues, greens and pinks.

8. Your occupation
Housewife. Once we leave here, I'll probably get a job.

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 am
angel_baby_4
Hi everyone! I just joined the guild & wanted to introduce myself. Most people call me Ang or Angel.

1. Name your pets
I have 2 cats. My american shorthair is a male named Mint. I also own a Scottish Fold named Krickett (by her previous owners). We acquired her last year.

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12

Ezekiel

4. Your age

Southern Baptist

7. Your favorite color

8. Your occupation

Hello, and thank you for joining! smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:55 am
Garland-Green

Thank you for the warm welcome. <3  

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:24 am
angel_baby_4

1. Name your pets

Ezekiel

4. Your age

Southern Baptist

7. Your favorite color

8. Your occupation

Scottish folds are cute! I like how it is an adopted cat. ^_^ The owners couldn't keep her?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:04 am
Garland-Green

Scottish folds are cute! I like how it is an adopted cat. ^_^ The owners couldn't keep her?

Nope, they couldn't. It's hard to move pets with you (slightly expensive) when it's overseas. I don't think they had enough time to prepare in advance. She's adorable, but she came with her own set of problems, heh. She pees outside the litterbox if we're not careful. >.<  

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:07 am
angel_baby_4
Garland-Green

Nope, they couldn't. It's hard to move pets with you (slightly expensive) when it's overseas. I don't think they had enough time to prepare in advance. She's adorable, but she came with her own set of problems, heh. She pees outside the litterbox if we're not careful. >.<
Argh! I know how that is. One of my cats refuse to use the litterbox. When she is in I constantly have to keep an eye on her.
I guess cats like people all have issues. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:41 am
Garland-Green
Argh! I know how that is. One of my cats refuse to use the litterbox. When she is in I constantly have to keep an eye on her.
I guess cats like people all have issues. razz

Yup, but it's okay. We do what we can for those we love & see as part of the family, you know? It's not really so bad. She doesn't mess outside of the rooms where the litter boxes are. We took out anything we didn't want her to mess on & anytime we see a spot she wets on, we started to cover it with foil. It's supposed to discourage them from doing that, since the foil splashes it back on them. You just have to watch out, especially for female cats, when they start messing outside the box. The first time she started doing that, we found out she had a UTI.  

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

BjordahlKathryn1991

Sparkly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:48 am
Hi I'm Kathryn Bjordahl!!!!!!
1. Name your pets. My cat's name is Allie. cat_razz We had two birds named Charlie and Emily. Five goldfish that ate the other and my brother had a gecko named George.
2. List your favorite Bible verse. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." biggrin
3. List your favorite book of the Bible. Noah's Ark.
4. Your age. 20
5. Your denomination/beliefs. I believe in God and Jesus Christ and that whoever believes in them will go to Heaven. wink
6. The name of your country. USA. xd
7. Your favorite color Pink!!!! heart
8. Your occupation. I'm currently unemployed. emotion_kirakira  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out