Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Merlot Clover

Spirited Dreamer

30,650 Points
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:35 pm
Been on here for a few months but I just read the announcements, I never say anything. I enjoy this guild & i'm actually very happy there's a religious gathering here on Gaia. =^_^= I had made a reply in the Heaven forums about religion one day & got a request to join soon after, to which, i'm very thankful for.

I like to read the NIV version of the Bible. I consider myself Baptist, though I don't think the denominations matter terribly much. My favorite books in the Bible are John, Acts, and Revelations. My favorite verse is Acts 2:25-28,
"“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will live in hope,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.’"

I like cats. I work graveyard shift at a convenience store. I have issues with letting things go. I kinda wish every town had it's own Rorschach guy, like in the Watchmen comics, mainly since I wish someone would go & stop allot of the bad things that go on everywhere. I can't stand people that lie or steal. I feel all life is precious and worth trying to save, so yes I guess i'm pro-life. Not sure what else to say..  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 am
Hello, I just joined, and I wanted to introduce myself.

You may call me Nutella (If you would like to know my real name, you may message me, as I usually keep it to myself for safety reasons which are outside of gaia)

I have somewhat adopted four cats, which are Havoc, Mia, Luna and Sundai.
I am currently in between jobs aright now, I am 19 right now, though turning 20 later on this year. I was raised in a southern baptist church, though now currently attend a non-denominational church which I have grown to love dearly. My favorite book in the bible would most likely have to be Psalms, though my favorite verse(s) is 'Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not into thine own understand. In all thine ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.' (proverbs CH 3 5 & 6) I live in the United States, and currently I do not have a job though I do help at the church I attend, and teach the younger children songs of God, and I also sing during what we call our family services.  

made of nutella

Naughty Nerd

15,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Threadmaster 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:53 pm
Welcome to the guild. Feel free to take a look at our rules and guidelines page before posting smile :

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22936963  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:41 am
1. Pets - Oh boy...where do I start. Shay the dog, Rosey and Riddle the cat's, Moe and Jerry the horses, Friend and Jasmine the rabbits, Mulchie the turtle, and guinea the guinea pig (Pretty original right?)
2. Bible verse -John 3 16 is always a great one, but i also like the group of versus that explains why God lets bad things happen. Every skeptic will bring up that point, and now I know how to answer them and trust God even more.
3. Book of the Bible - Luke, defiantly.
4. Age - Late teens.
5. By the book Christian. (God practically wrote the Bible, He knew exactly what He was talking about. So instead of trying to figure out my own fallible reasoning of how God works, I listen to what He has already told me in the Instructions Manual for Life.)
6. America (God Bless it, because we can really use it.)
7. Silver.
8. High ropes course helper, solider of God, and being a guy of many layers...and flavors.
You can call me Brother Lissesul, just to make things fun, and I am looking forward to share and swap stories and testimonies with all of you. Thanks for the warm welcome! ^_^  

Golradir Lissesul

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:56 am
Merlot Clover
Been on here for a few months but I just read the announcements, I never say anything. I enjoy this guild & i'm actually very happy there's a religious gathering here on Gaia. =^_^= I had made a reply in the Heaven forums about religion one day & got a request to join soon after, to which, i'm very thankful for.

I like to read the NIV version of the Bible. I consider myself Baptist, though I don't think the denominations matter terribly much. My favorite books in the Bible are John, Acts, and Revelations. My favorite verse is Acts 2:25-28,
"“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will live in hope,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.’"

I like cats. I work graveyard shift at a convenience store. I have issues with letting things go. I kinda wish every town had it's own Rorschach guy, like in the Watchmen comics, mainly since I wish someone would go & stop allot of the bad things that go on everywhere. I can't stand people that lie or steal. I feel all life is precious and worth trying to save, so yes I guess i'm pro-life. Not sure what else to say..

*is pro-life too* Uff. The graveyard shift can be strenuous... My previous work place I went to work at 23, and left 7 in the morning. Like you I don't feel denominations matter terrible much, or there it would be specified which we should belong to in scripture. It matter more what the denomination teaches, and whether or not it is right.

We are very glad to have you here. ^^ Thank you very much for accepting the invite.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:59 am
Made Of Nutella
Hello, I just joined, and I wanted to introduce myself.

You may call me Nutella (If you would like to know my real name, you may message me, as I usually keep it to myself for safety reasons which are outside of gaia)

I have somewhat adopted four cats, which are Havoc, Mia, Luna and Sundai.
I am currently in between jobs aright now, I am 19 right now, though turning 20 later on this year. I was raised in a southern baptist church, though now currently attend a non-denominational church which I have grown to love dearly. My favorite book in the bible would most likely have to be Psalms, though my favorite verse(s) is 'Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not into thine own understand. In all thine ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.' (proverbs CH 3 5 & 6) I live in the United States, and currently I do not have a job though I do help at the church I attend, and teach the younger children songs of God, and I also sing during what we call our family services.
Thank you very much for joining. We will be praying for you that you find a job that you like. ^^ (wow. A lot of people on here seem to have cats. Looks like it is the preferred animal among Christians. lol )

Thank you very much for joining. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:04 am
Golradir Lissesul
1. Pets - Oh boy...where do I start. Shay the dog, Rosey and Riddle the cat's, Moe and Jerry the horses, Friend and Jasmine the rabbits, Mulchie the turtle, and guinea the guinea pig (Pretty original right?)
2. Bible verse -John 3 16 is always a great one, but i also like the group of versus that explains why God lets bad things happen. Every skeptic will bring up that point, and now I know how to answer them and trust God even more.
4. Age - Late teens.
5. By the book Christian. (God practically wrote the Bible, He knew exactly what He was talking about. So instead of trying to figure out my own fallible reasoning of how God works, I listen to what He has already told me in the Instructions Manual for Life.)
7. Silver.
8. High ropes course helper, solider of God, and being a guy of many layers...and flavors.
You can call me Brother Lissesul, just to make things fun, and I am looking forward to share and swap stories and testimonies with all of you. Thanks for the warm welcome! ^_^

That is a lot of animals! Maybe we should make a thread for people to post pictures of their animals with the majority on here having pets. It is always interesting to look at peoples pet sometimes they reflect their owners in personality and demeanor.

I am glad you are a by the Book Christian. There are too few Christians I feel that take the Bible seriously. They don't understand that on it rests a great deal of things when speaking of doctrine and trust. If we did not have the Bible we would be living in confusion to what will happen and what has happened.
People would be claiming left and right that this and that is doctrine, and we would be very unsure.

Thank you for joining! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:55 am
Garland-Green
Golradir Lissesul
4. Age - Late teens.
7. Silver.

That is a lot of animals! Maybe we should make a thread for people to post pictures of their animals with the majority on here having pets. It is always interesting to look at peoples pet sometimes they reflect their owners in personality and demeanor.

I am glad you are a by the Book Christian. There are too few Christians I feel that take the Bible seriously. They don't understand that on it rests a great deal of things when speaking of doctrine and trust. If we did not have the Bible we would be living in confusion to what will happen and what has happened.
People would be claiming left and right that this and that is doctrine, and we would be very unsure.

Thank you for joining! smile

Thanks for the warm welcome, I like how different sections of scripture are posted in the guild announcements. Granted I don't read all of them, but then there are just those days when I'm having a tough time, and just the right verse or section of the Bible shows up there, and gives me the encouragement I needed.  

Golradir Lissesul

Eikona Touxiang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 pm
Hello, I'm new in Gaia, and I'm looking forward to meet all kind of people and cultures, along with god people to discuss good topics and learn. Also, I'm here because I believe in god and I think people who reads the bible, must be smart people with good ideas and good topics. Hope I can meet people here.
Cheers everybody  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 pm
At the moment I am a Preacher's Wife for a small church in Arkansas. I can roughly read Greek and I would like to also learn Hebrew. But that would be in the future.

We've been fired from churches before but that doesn't stop us from serving God.

I just finished 2 years of college. I received an Associated of Applied Science in Graphic Communication (phototography, printmaking, videography, drawing, animation, etc.). So I love art.
And My husband and I are building a carpentry business to make ends meet. I'm learning how to use a router to make wood carvings. So that is very enjoyable.

I've been on Gaia since 2005.

Lupas Deva

Dangerous Elder

19,325 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Generous 100
  • Winged 100

Iam WhoIAm

Hilarious Humorist

21,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm
Hello, I'm new to the guild.
You can call me Iam or Who, I respond to both on here.
I'm currently 23, and work as an insurance salesperson specializing in the senior market (so I work with medicare, life insurance, long term care, and annuities). I have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration that I got at Olivet Nazarene University. I grew up as a pastors kid in the United Methodist church, I still attend this denomination most of the time unless I happen to be visiting family and they go to a different church. I live in beautiful Northern Michigan.
Oh my favorite verse, hmm it changes all the time, I suppose at this point its one of the verses about not worrying because God will provide. There is one in Luke and another in Matthew. By boyfriend and I read a daily bible together everyday, then we discuss what we have read, it makes it so much easier to understand. I've read through the bible before, but it's his first time reading all of it.
I look forward to talking with people in here smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:28 am
Eikona Touxiang
Hello, I'm new in Gaia, and I'm looking forward to meet all kind of people and cultures, along with god people to discuss good topics and learn. Also, I'm here because I believe in god and I think people who reads the bible, must be smart people with good ideas and good topics. Hope I can meet people here.
Cheers everybody

Hello, and welcome! I hope you'll enjoy it here. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:29 am
Lupas Deva
At the moment I am a Preacher's Wife for a small church in Arkansas. I can roughly read Greek and I would like to also learn Hebrew. But that would be in the future.

We've been fired from churches before but that doesn't stop us from serving God.

I just finished 2 years of college. I received an Associated of Applied Science in Graphic Communication (phototography, printmaking, videography, drawing, animation, etc.). So I love art.
And My husband and I are building a carpentry business to make ends meet. I'm learning how to use a router to make wood carvings. So that is very enjoyable.

Hello and welcome! smile
That must be rough. Being kicked out. What types of churches was it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:30 am
Iam WhoIAm
Hello, I'm new to the guild.
You can call me Iam or Who, I respond to both on here.
I'm currently 23, and work as an insurance salesperson specializing in the senior market (so I work with medicare, life insurance, long term care, and annuities). I have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration that I got at Olivet Nazarene University. I grew up as a pastors kid in the United Methodist church, I still attend this denomination most of the time unless I happen to be visiting family and they go to a different church. I live in beautiful Northern Michigan.
Oh my favorite verse, hmm it changes all the time, I suppose at this point its one of the verses about not worrying because God will provide. There is one in Luke and another in Matthew. By boyfriend and I read a daily bible together everyday, then we discuss what we have read, it makes it so much easier to understand. I've read through the bible before, but it's his first time reading all of it.
I look forward to talking with people in here smile

Thank you for accepting the invitation. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Lupas Deva

Dangerous Elder

19,325 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Generous 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:38 am
Garland-Green
Lupas Deva

Hello and welcome! smile
That must be rough. Being kicked out. What types of churches was it?

It wasn't the type of church it was a couple of people with political power who wanted us out.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff