Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I think I'm bi now...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 am
Or pan. Whichever.

Anyways, I don't like to classify as anything,
because I don't like labels.
But if someone asked my sexuality,
I use Panromantic Homosexual.

But can your attraction to someone change?
Because i'm starting to become also sexually attracted to women.,
it's weird.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:51 am
wiccan_sk8er
Or pan. Whichever.

Anyways, I don't like to classify as anything,
because I don't like labels.
But if someone asked my sexuality,
I use Panromantic Homosexual.

But can your attraction to someone change?
Because i'm starting to become also sexually attracted to women.,
it's weird.

I've pretty much always felt that sexuality is fluid. Some days I may feel attracted to women as well (even sexually) and some days I may think that there's no way I could get in the sack with a girl. I think it's hard to define something like that. For me it can change day to day. I say I'm gay because I know it wouldn't be fair for me to lead a girl on only to change my mind later. Sexuality is a fickle mistress.  

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 am
I know what you mean. It can be confusing. I'm pretty sure every human being on this planet has even the tiniest ounce of bisexuality, but some more than others. Lately, I've been attracted to men more than women, but last year I think I was more attracted to women. It's confusing really. To me, you seem to be an open-minded gay. This quote from openly-bi Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong sums it up nicely: "I think I've always been bisexual. I mean, it's something that I've always been interested in. I think people are born bisexual, and it's just that our parents and society kind of veer us off into this feeling of 'Oh, I can't.' They say it's taboo. It's ingrained in our heads that it's bad, when it's not bad at all. It's a very beautiful thing."
And here's another quote from a different interview that may help: "I don't really classify myself as anything. And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative. I want to respect my wife."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:05 am
I think your sexuality can change. A lot. Two years ago, i was asexual. Then i was strait, then bi, then les, and you know off and on. I think that that quote is right. We're all basically bi, just our moods change it. How we're feeling, who we hang around, what we're going through, what we're into, ya know. It all affects us. I think it affects who we're into as well.  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:25 am
wiccan_sk8er

I can relate to this almost completely. For a few years now I've been convinced that I was gay, since I've only been sexually attracted to men. Then just the other day I was at this International Dinner at my university. There were people that performed various things, sort of representing their country. Well eventually this Chinese girl performed this dance, and I was just stunned. Watching her dance, I noticed I was completely attracted to her, which really confused me. And now I'm questioning my sexuality... confused

Sunshine Peach-Heart

And here's another quote from a different interview that may help: "I don't really classify myself as anything. And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative. I want to respect my wife."

And I agree with this, in a way. The thing I always thought was a bit strange was that I never found female genitalia disgusting or unattractive, and I could picture myself having sex with a woman (even though I've never really been "aroused" by a woman). A part of me thinks that (regarding that interview) I can relate to this SO much is that I've grown up mostly around girls and most of my friends throughout life have been girls, so I respect them more, if that makes sense. But now I feel like I'm not making any sense, so I'll stop now... xp  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:29 am
That is strange. Well, the sexually attracted part. O:

I'm not sexually attracted to women at all so I just say I'm gay. I'd be lying though if I said that I've never met a girl I'd consider dating. But then I remember that dating includes holding hands, kissing, cuddling, & etc. Then I immediately snap out of it.

I have no idea what a panromantic homosexual is. Chrome's spell check doesn't even recognize "panromantic."

I personally don't like when people get extremely picky about what they call themselves. I like: gay, straight, bi, and trans. We can focus on the details later. (:  

Visual Brian

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:50 am
~I understand, I think, about what you're talking about.
I've kissed both genders. Both excite me, but I'm more attracted to the male side when I think about it. I may have more girlfriends in gaia and real life, but that doesn't mean I actually want to have a relationship with them. Plus, I check out the guys more then me looking at girls. Though girls seem to be staring at me in my classes at school.
But yes. If you like women then you're considered bi-sexual. You can also be considered pan too. If you say you're Panromantic Homosexual, then that is a fib.
You would only be having fun with males if you were Panromantic Homosexual.~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:45 pm
I think it is possible to naturally have your sexuality to change overtime. I don't know how common that is or how often it changes but I heard that sexuality is fluid

I don't know what my own sexuality is. I will be honest and admit that I checked out other females (people I knew usually) as well as guys, but never dated or got in a relationship with anyone really and only had one strong connection with one person who was a guy. My connections and feeling usually come with people that I know well and have a lot in common and bond with.

I read somewhere that most people would be bi (even just a slight attracting to the same sex here and there) but due to fear, society and what were are taught, it is repressed. People are often told that you can't love both/all genders and sexes. So it isn't surprising if someone who thought was gay have some attraction to the opposite sex and a straight person have thoughts of the same sex once in awhile, they are just predominantly gay or straight.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:11 pm
I'm not sure if sexuality changes, or whether we just become more aware of ourselves over time. I initially figured I must be bisexual (when I was about 15). Then I decided I was gay. Now, at 25, I feel like "queer" is the best fit for me, if I even think about it at all.

If I fall for a guy, that's fine; if I end up attracted to a woman, that's fine, too. I'm not really concerned, either way.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:30 pm
You could be homoflexible  

Ecchi Bodypillow

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas