Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Contest of Strength (Yin and King) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:08 pm
As with most mornings Yin was in the gymnasium. He had woken up, done his usual stretches and tai chi, went on a brisk jog around the campus, and was now going through complicated attack patterns on a training dummy. There were trials coming up, and the best thing that he could do for his group was keep himself in top shape. He knew that when it came to other contests he was probably sorely lacking but fighting? Physical abilities? He had to be on top of his game, there was no other option.

He seemed to remember that perhaps he was supposed to meet with someone today, but could not remember if he had ever finalized any plans. Either way, he had to train, with or without anyone to spar with.  
iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:30 pm
King had woken up... then gone back to sleep. No classes for him that day and not much planned. He had...something? But he forgot what it was and had gone back to sleep.

Sadly when he next woke a while later, he realized what it was he had planned. Sparring. With Yin. Shaking off his snow and getting dressed, the wolfos was sprinting over to make it on time. Arriving at the gym, the wolfos paused outside to take a few deep breaths. He shouldn't exert himself before the actual spar after all. Tail flicking at he entered, it was easy to spot Yin. "Glad to see I am not late. Have you been waiting long Yin?"  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:35 pm
Right, he did have a spar planned. "Greetings Frost in the Snow, I trust that all is well? I have not been waiting long." He faced the wolfos, slipping into a fighting stance that was really not all that much different than how he typically stood, hands drawn up in a defensive position.

"So just an ordinary spar then? Feel free to begin whenever you wished." It was rather to the point, but the mantodae was looking forward to this fight more than most spars, curious about the boil that he had met during Scarentines.  
iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 pm
Bowing, the ghost nodded. "All is well though I slept in far to long. I had almost forgotten our plans." Fighting in.. the form of a bipedial was going to be interesting to say the least, given the use of fangs over claws in his natural form.
"So, let us begin." Jumping forward he made an attempt to strike with his claws at Yin's hands. But- it was obvious, he was not used to fighting with his own hands.

HP:30
Damage:  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:11 pm
"It is getting rather late," he agreed, though considering the time that he normally got up it really did not mean too much.

Yin dodged the attack that almost looked a bit clumsy and then used one of his signature moves, a signature move that had probably annoyed more opponents than would care to admit. He slapped at the boil's upper arm, a light attack that was really more a show that he could do it than anything. "Are you settling into Amityville alright?" he asked conversationally, trying to watch the boil's form for any indication of his next move.

HP: 30
Damage: 1  
iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:36 pm
King jerked his arm back at the slap. That had stung. Nodding his head he shook his arm experimentally. "Yes, it's actually quite pleasant when it's not.. scarentines." The name alone made his ears twitch wildly for a second. "but aside from that hurdle, I have been doing rather well. Ah-" He tried to bunch out again, managing something this time.
"Sorry if I am not as expected this... human like form is new for fighting. I am used to my fangs, less of my claws."

HP: 29
Damage: 4  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 pm
That made sense, Scarentine's had been a rather odd time. He nodded. "That is good," he agreed easily enough.

The blow that came at him was rather unexpected, and dealt a fairly decent blow, and he quickly retaliated with a stinging slap...to just about the same location as the first one. "Oh? So do you have a natural form that you would prefer to fight in? Or perhaps...would you like a few tips on fighting in this form?"

HP: 26
iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:23 am
King's tail gave a wag, which the second King noticed, it stopped immediately. He needed to control that better. The slap came again and king gave a small yelp, shaking his arm again. "Ah yes, being a white wolfos, My natural form is that of a large white wold with the occasional blue markings scattered in, like many of my tribe. Our fangs are what we normally use, so fists and claws-" He flexed them experimentally. "Before coming here, I had only been in this form a few times. No more than a meeting or two. But if you would teach me to fight in this form I would greatly appreciate it."

Tentatively, he kicked out, going for Yin's legs. Though he managed a hit, he stumbled a bit after.

HP: 28
Damage: 3  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:28 am
A wolf? That sounded interesting enough, and while he had heard that there were others at the school with similar abilities he did not know them. "That is interesting that you grew up with a form you did not use. Where I came from we often shifted forms, though not in front of others."

He was letting himself be distracted by the talk, and had assumed that the boil would not think to kick, which proved to be a very wrong assumption. "I am not entire certain that you need assistance," he commented as he tried to ignore the pain in his leg.

That said he reached out with his arm again, delivering another slap aimed at the same target. "You need to have a good stance before you try to kick. You want to bend your knees to take a bit of the impact and to keep you prepared for mobility. Until you get into more complex styles you probably would want to simply keep your legs about as far apart as your shoulders. If your balance is good your attacks should be more effective and you will be better prepared to dodge your opponents."

HP: 23
iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am
This form is... not conductive to my people. At least many of my tribe feel this way. Some who take the part of... none FEAR gathering tasks use it, but for me and mine, we had no use for it. So-" he shrugged, "it just was not used."

The slap got another arm shake, though King listened to what was said. "O good stance?" He tried it out, flexing his knees, though he still felt a bit stiff. "I take it your form might be analogous to this form? If so you're lucky. When I first arrived." He wiggled his fingers. "It is very strange to have to use hands all the time." Trying to balance he couldn't help it, it felt natural to use his fangs.

He lunged at Yin, jaws snapping before pulling away. "That is how we fight but it is much smoother.. and easier in our true forms."

HP: 27
Damage: 2  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:07 am
"You will get used to them. They are useful as they can do things that appendages in other forms can not." He watched as the other boil tried to shift to a better position. "My other form is...somewhat different. Claws instead of hands for one, five eyes instead of merely 2, and of course two sets of legs. But as I grew up using both forms both seem natural to me, and this one seems more acceptable here."

He used his arm to try to block Frost in the Storm's lunge, for a brief moment the teeth forcing his memories back to a time when teeth grazed over his shoulder and he tried to repress a shudder. No, this was an attack, not a friend trying to eat him. He brought his arms up and flicked his hands quickly, advancing on the boil before lashing out, both palms straight as he simply tried to push the other boil back with a sudden attack.

HP: 21
iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:16 pm
That was true, eating some foods and doing some things... hands were indeed, better. Five eyes though. "Ah, your form sounds like it was made for fright. Nothing wrong with more after all." He stumbled back, landing on his rear, wincing as his tail was caught under him. "Perhaps I will force myself to retain this form more often, the best teacher is often practice after all." Getting up, he flexed his hand again. His claws were fine but- "Alright, legs apart and-" he lunged, claws aiming for Yin's shoulder.

HP: 25
Damage:

ramenli

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:18 pm
Made for fright? It seemed normal to him, though he supposed it was unsettling for some. "Indeed, practice and experience are the best teachers. Your natural form is likely more comfortable, but this one could become second nature to you." Yin often spent a fair amount of time in his own room in his mantis form, but it honestly depended on his mood.

Frost in the Storm learned quickly, as he settled into what looked like a good stance, but then he lunged. Yin merely slid to the side, making a move as if to shove the other boil but not actually giving him the push that might send him toppling. "You must make certain that you do not overextend yourself. From this positions there are many openings that could be exploted if the dice did not troll me but a smaller lunge could allow you to maintain your balance. You are fighting with your hands, and that means that they have a longer reach than fangs would. Take advantage of that."

Damage: lolno  
iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:04 am
It was supposedly second nature, but it was none the less hard to get used to. Then again, he was a bit stubborn at times, so that might have been it. Nodding at Yin's words King couldn't help but huff as he tried again to get into the proper stance. "Tell me, is it.. normal to have urges to return to one form over the other? Sometimes I feel like I should be in my natural form rather than this one, yet- it seems almost improper on campus." Moving to the side he went in for another strike, but the balance was off, missing Yin entirely.

HP: 25
Damage:

ramenli

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:38 pm
"I would say that it is perfectly normal if that is what you are accustomed to." A light frown crossed his face. "But most of those urges can be controlled. I have...struggled with that a few times, but one must remember that they are in control of their own body. I am unsure how others see it but I use my natural form on campus, though mostly in my room or in the forest. It is...impolite where I am from to change in front of others, though everyone might not feel that way. It is why I typically just stay in this form when I am around others."

Well, that and others looked rather uncomfortable around him in his mantis form. The boil's attack went wide but he took the swing to step in and send a fist toward Frost in the Storm's abdomen.

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas