[TRAINING] Fighting Class with Grand Champion Hania Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm
Welcome to Fighting Instruction with Grand Champion Hania!

User Image
The open courtyard was adorned with little of the decoration of the gardens. Not that the accessorizing was sparse; only that functionality seemed to be the theme of the day once one passed through the arches into the courtyard. Several racks of all shapes and sizes stood to one side, half-filled with varying weapons. Practice dummies filled with sand or straw lined the opposite wall, their vacant painted-on expressions blankly watching the entering Squires as they passed.

The sun was still rising in the sky, not yet reaching its zenith, though it would by the time the Squires' lesson was finished for the day. Hania believed it best to catch them in the morning, before it got too late and laziness set in. They'd have had a rest from their morning exercises, and would be both limbered up, and yet not overly tired. And when they had a good workout, off to lunch afterwards.

The center of the courtyard was mostly clear, aside from some mats set out on the ground. Firm, but they would provide some cushioning from the rough ground below, if needed. From the way that things had been laid out, it was clear which wall was to be considered the 'front' of the courtyard.

There, a small blue Avalon fairy hovered, cross-legged and unmoving. He seemed to be meditating, completely still...minus his swiftly beating wings that made him look like an oversized hummingbird. As the Squires began to enter, he opened one eye and called out in a voice much too loud for one so small.

"Oy! Get your winged fannies in here! Those of you with weapons, leave 'em on the racks at the door. I'll not have anyone chopping their own arm off in the first lesson! We'll get to weapons later. Now, fall in and line up! Soon as everyone is here, we'll go down the line, so you can all give me your names, and tell me what, if any, weapon you've chosen for yourself, and why."

((RP Notes: As before, this will be a slow-RP class, in which you need to make at least one post, but more interaction is definitely encouraged. There will be sparring, as well as general fighting training, for your Squire, as well as for any players who are currently wary of or inexperienced in RPing out fighting sequences.

There is the opportunity here for sparring, interaction with other squires, learning about RP fighting, as well as helping your squire ICly learn how to use their chosen weapons.))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:17 pm
Dante arrives to fighting training with some trepidation. He knows that many of the other Squires are more adept than him at fighting. Still, he attempts to view this as an opportunity to learn rather than a test of skill. The morning is sunny and beautiful; no better weather for physical learning.

As Dante is not in the habit of carrying weapons with him, he proceeds straight to the courtyard where the mats are. He stands behind one of the mats, feet apart about shoulder-width, hands clasped behind his back. He hopes that this posture is adequately formal and respectful without being too stilted or...militaristic. After standing there for a moment, he realizes that, like Archmage Tansa, this teacher would also call on them to learn more about each of them. He takes out his pad and pencil and writes a beginning of an introduction:

I am Dante. I prefer to use a staff, as I feel my main goal in combat is to disarm, not to wound.

He keeps the pad and pencil out, just in case Grand Champion Hania asked more of them. He looks around nervously at the other gathering squires, and hopes that Hania would perceive his proclivity toward peacefulness as a sign of a good heart instead of weakness, as he suspects the others think of him.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:04 am
Harveer grinned, he was looking forward to this class the most. He might not have been the strongest fighter amongst the squires, but he always thought himself most dedicated to the art. The pale blue toned squire walked in, bowed to the grandmaster. Having no weapons to wield, Harveer simply took up space in the general training area and waited for class to begin.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:17 am
Waiting patiently for a while now near the courtyard, Infernos stood, using only his own thoughts to pass the time. The shouts of his new instructor though grabbed his attention and he quickly made his way into the courtyard, eager for the new lesson. Infernos gave his instructor a quick and straight bow, never taking his eyes off of him the entire time and was about to take a seat with the others when he realised he was still armed. Shroud Breaker had been a part of him for so long, he didn't think of it as a weapon to sit on a rack. Hesitant to do so at first, Infernos began removing the harness he used to carry Shroud Breaker in.

" You will be fine with out me Infernos, put your troubles aside"

. o O ( I know. It is just an ill feeling to place a part of yourself on a shelf and walk away. I will be fine.)

Infernos placed his weapon on the rack with the other arsenal and sat with the other squires that had entered the courtyard.

The Poison Arrow
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

1,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 pm
Now, this was what she'd been waiting for! Upon entering the courtyard, the young angel had nearly squealed with delight. Nearly. Wouldn't do to actually do so. Bad impression with the new instructor and whatnot. But still...Lailah's golden eyes sparkled as they passed over the selection of weaponry displayed on the racks at the entrance.

Such beautiful, deadly instruments, each in their own right...

Suppressing a shiver of delight, she was torn back to the moment by the instructor's voice ringing out over the courtyard. Wow...loud one, this one. Definitely more so than the last one, the Archmage. She'd been so soft-spoken in comparison.

Rushing over to the gathering group, as Lailah certainly didn't wish to waste any time, she took a note from one of the other Squires, a blue angel male, and bowed to the instructor before taking a place in line. Once there, she hurriedly fell into what she believed was some sort of military ready-stance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:26 pm
Making a more subdued entrance, the dark blue demon glanced around, taking note of those already present, before progressing. He had no weapon himself, but he paused at the weapons racks nonetheless. He would have to choose a weapon eventually, whether he liked it or not, and it would help to at least begin pondering the possibilities.

Swords, spears, daggers, quarterstaves, magical staffs with ornate decorations...the variety was impressive. Perhaps he should have considered that, since there were so many of them, and it wouldn't do to have everyone using the same types of weapons. Best to have variety in order to cover any potential weaknesses in their defenses.

Noting the fiery colored demon who left the large hammer and sling in the rack, he nodded politely as he crossed to join the others. Eligor followed several other Squires in bowing to the instructor, then fell into line, waiting for further instructions.

He wasn't the most eager for this course, especially in comparison to some of the others, but he acknowledged that such skills might be necessary, even if undesired. At the very least, he needed to know enough to defend himself in the event that his familiar could not.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:46 pm
The Avalon fairy's eyes narrowed at the few Squires present. Was this it? Well, the others would learn to be on-time from now on...or else...if they ever showed up.

"Alright, kids! Front and center! Give me your name, what weapon you've chosen, if any, and why you chose it. If you haven't chosen one, tell me what fighting experience you have and what weapons you might be considering. I'll be watching you spar and helping you make decisions on what weapons fit you best, based on your abilities, if you require it. This is the easy part; the fun stuff comes afterwards."

Hania grinned, looking from one face to another. Some showed eagerness, some hesitancy, some excitement, some awkwardness. They would sort themselves out soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:47 pm
Immediately, the young angel took a step forward, posture straight and voice confident, no signs of hesitancy. "Sir! My name is Lailah, and I haven't chosen a weapon yet, because I want to have a chance to try each of them and find which fits me best! I look forward to this class and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty."

She stood proud, as if waiting to be examined and told that she'd passed some test. Surely the Grand Master could see that she was different than the rest. She was destined for greatness; afterall, she was the Guardians' chosen. It took all she had not to literally bounce with excitement, however, something told her that this would give the wrong impression. She couldn't do that. That just wouldn't do. She needed to impress this instructor at least, if no other. Fighting, the thrill of hand-to-hand combat, of getting right in your enemy's face, feeling the rush of conflict...there was nothing like it. Nor like the scent of blood, the rush of power knowing that another's life is in your hands, the feeling of a foe realizing that they are beaten and looking up in a desperate plea for mercy... It was like a drug. Thus far, the fairies had mostly kept Lailah's strange tastes under control, believing that training with Grand Master Hania might at least give her direction for her destructive tendencies.

Yet, still, she wanted more.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:59 am
Harveer waited a moment while Lailah introduced herself eagerly. She was more excited for this class than he was, and it was everything he could do not to laugh at her. She was practically bouncing up and down even!

She finished, and he stepped forward. "My name is Harveer, Sir. I haven't chosen my weapon yet, though I am considering a pair of tonfas. I've tried a majority of the weaponry you offer in various sparing sessions." Harveer paused for a moment, "I am looking forward to what you have to teach us." He smiled, returning to his place in line next to the bloody angel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 am
Eligor waited his turn, patiently, in comparison with the overly-eager, blood-thirsty angel at least. The other angel, well, he seemed enthusiastic at least, having some prior fighting experience. Personally, Eli would rather be in the library, but...

When his turn came, the dark demon stepped forwards with a polite bow. "My name is Eligor. I too have not chosen a weapon yet. I consider myself more of a scholar than a fighter, however, I also understand that such abilities are necessary if we are to become well-rounded Knights. I would prefer to keep my enemies at a distance, so perhaps a bow, or even a staff might suit my tastes? We shall see, and I am open to any suggestions; your experience in these matters far outweighs that of all of our combined experience, I am sure," he finished with another polite bow to the instructor before retaking his place in line next to Harveer.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Doof

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 pm
A heavy beating of wings from above was the first clue that Katya was about to arrive. The red demon swept in over a low rooftop and landed right behind Dante, her wings folding behind her as she looked towards Hania in trepidation. She was late, again, as she'd feared. Worse, her haste was such that she had taken wing to try and arrive on time (something she knew Hania frowned upon) and had made a very noticeable entrance. She was aware that Eligor had just finished speaking about himself and that the others were making introductions.

The young demon, without realizing it, was shuffling behind Dante, trying to make her already-small frame as unnoticeable as possible, despite her entrance. From Hania's perspective it would have looked like Dante had sprouted another pair of red wings behind his own. Katya, meanwhile, was furiously trying to come up with some sort of excuse or explanation for her tardiness that would satisfy Hania, as though there were any chance of that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:32 pm
Alethea ran as fast as she could, knowing she was late for fight training. This was one class she did not want to be late to, if the rumors about Hania were true. But she needed to go to the infirmary about her missing wing. She was having phantom pains again and wanted to fix that before fight training started.

Not being able to fly slowed her down a lot, and her power had not quite manifested itself. That or she was just not good enough at magic. She tried hard to not mentally berate herself about that, and just concentrated on getting to class.

She quickly took a place beside the rest of the students, arriving shortly after Katya. She'd missed the instructions on introductions and weapon use, so she just stood beside the demon quietly hoping she'd not be noticed.

A quick glance around did not reveal if she'd missed anything or not, and that made her nervous.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm
Dante looks at his pad of paper as Hania asks for introductions. He feels that what he'd already written sufficiently covers what's asked of him. He notices Katya arrive late and winces inwardly. Surely her tardiness wouldn't go unpunished, and he feels sorry for his friend. He hopes, perhaps futilely, that his form would obstruct her, and she wouldn't be noticed.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:06 am
Despite his size, somehow, Hania's glare managed to look imposing. He did not take tardiness lightly, especially for one's first lesson. It was disrespectful to the class, and it was disrespectful to the instructor. He didn't tolerate being disrespected.

"Ladies, how pleasant of you to decide to join us." His tone did not match his words. Arms crossed over his chest, the Avalon fae flitted over to hover near the pair attempting to make themselves part of the scenery. "It seems that you have trouble making it to class on time. How about you introduce yourselves to the class, explain what weapon you have chosen, if any, then..." He trailed off with a smirk. "Perhaps some extra training to help you boost your speed before next time. Start running. Ten laps, all the way around the exercise yard. And yes, you heard me, 'running'." Not that he'd have to worry about the latest one...but she could likely use the conditioning as well. She'd be at a lifelong disadvantage to the others without the ability of flight. She'd need the best chance she could get. And the demon, well...he'd already run into her in the halls before. Literally. The child was remarkably gifted when it came to her wings; the rest of her, not so much. Balance was important.

Turning back to the rest of the class, he cleared his throat. "The rest of you, stretch out and get warmed up. We'll start with basics. I'll show you a few punches and kicks, we'll practice form, then do the same for some blocking techniques. Then I want you to pair up. You'll take turns, one of you throwing a punch or kick, the other attempting to predict the attack and block it."

Hania watched the rest of the Squires stretch out, while the ladies ran their laps. Once everyone was back together again, he began showing them the basics: jab-cross combos, hooks, uppercuts, then on to snap kicks, axe kicks, roundhouses. Then on to basic blocking techniques for each, explaining along the way how to read an opponent's body 'tells' to predict what sort of attack would come next. Of course, a skilled opponent could also fake these 'tells'.

Confident that they had at least an understanding of what they were to do, he waved a hand, signaling them to partner up and practice, as he looked on.

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm
Genesis could hear the instructor lecturing the girls who had arrived before her from outside of the courtyard. She hesitated where she stood. Which was worse: arriving late or not arriving at all. Genesis twirled the handle of her large sword, thoughtfully. Sneaking in was clearly not going to happen. Genesis finally marched into the courtyard and leaned her sword up against the rack, where those who had arrived on time had placed their varied weapons. She hated to be late, it wouldn't make a good impression.

"Genesis... my two-handed sword seemed suitable for protection" she introduced herself and her unnamed sword and then began running to do 10 laps, hopefully before the instructor would have the opportunity to call her out.  
:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff